Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xk8-xkr-x100-17/)
-   -   Where can I buy the press fit door panel standoffs? (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xk8-xkr-x100-17/where-can-i-buy-press-fit-door-panel-standoffs-59457/)

jagosaurus 08-17-2011 09:09 PM

Where can I buy the press fit door panel standoffs?

These things tend to break when taking off or pressing on the door panel, where can I get more of them? I also need a new clip nut for the door.

Cheers!

Reverend Sam 08-17-2011 09:19 PM

The only place I've seen them is at the Jag dealer. Most auto parts places sell various little bits like that, but I haven't found any that match. I am using a few of the generic Christmas tree looking ones right now. They work but they aren't as good as the real thing. I'm going to get some more next time I go to the dealer. They are only a dollar or two each.

Martin 08-17-2011 09:51 PM

I got some at Lowes. The are in the drawers in the hardware department. My store has more than one size even.

jagosaurus 08-18-2011 12:45 AM

Can you order them from Lowes? What are they called?

Edit: found them http://www.lowes.com/SearchCatalogDi...atalogId=10051

The pictures are all the same, but the specs page reveal different lengths and diameters, which one is the correctest one? Shipping from Lowe is around 6 bucks.

WhiteXKR 08-18-2011 06:35 AM

Originally Posted by jagosaurus (Post 393049)

Edit: found them Shop push fastener at Lowes.com: Search Results

The pictures are all the same, but the specs page reveal different lengths and diameters, which one is the correctest one? Shipping from Lowe is around 6 bucks.

Rev. Sam is right. I have searched extensively and never found an exact match to the original. Buy them from the Jag dealer for a little over a buck each and save yourself the trouble.

Reverend Sam 08-18-2011 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by jagosaurus (Post 393049)

Edit: found them Shop push fastener at Lowes.com: Search Results

None of those are actually a perfect match for the Jag part. I've "made do" with similar fasteners from Autozone, but they don't work as well as the Jag part. The genuine part is smooth (it doesn't have the barbed grooves) and it fits into a matching female piece that's inserted in the door frame. It holds the door in by friction alone, not barbs. The generic fasteners can be made to work, but the Jag part works much better, and they are cheap. I'm going to pick up a handful next time I go to the dealer.

ALSO, look at the door frame to see if you're missing any of the female pieces. The female bits have a separate part number from the male bits, and it would suck to go to the dealer, buy the male bits, get home, and then realize you needed some of the female bits, too.

jagosaurus 08-23-2011 02:40 AM

Any chance you could get say 10 for me, and I'll buy the hydraulic pump resistor thingy at the same time? :)

Martin 08-23-2011 09:14 AM

Your right the ones from Lowes are a little larger. I had to trim the outer diameter off a little but they actually fit tighter. They were in stock.

Mountaincat 08-23-2011 10:22 AM

Just a side note---you may want to check clipsandfasteners.com for additional choices. They don't list Jaguar but have literally 100's of automotive clips/fasteners.

Reverend Sam 08-23-2011 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by jagosaurus (Post 395170)
Any chance you could get say 10 for me, and I'll buy the hydraulic pump resistor thingy at the same time? :)

LOL! The Jag dealer is about 45 minutes away, but if you'll pay for my gas and my time, I'll gladly pick some up for you. :icon_playing:

jagosaurus 08-23-2011 01:37 PM

I thought you were going anyways!

WhiteXKR 08-23-2011 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by jagosaurus (Post 395170)

Why don't you just order them from Nalley Jaguar...15% off list, free shipping for members for a $25 order...so just pick up a spare air filter or something else you eventually will need.

Reverend Sam 08-23-2011 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by jagosaurus (Post 395346)
I thought you were going anyways!

Eventually! I don't need anything right now, but something is going to break sooner or later.