Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xk8-xkr-x100-17/)
-   -   XK8/XKR Handbook Sets (Manuals): 1997 to 2006 FAQ (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xk8-xkr-x100-17/xk8-xkr-handbook-sets-manuals-1997-2006-faq-67827/)

GGG 02-07-2012 05:47 AM

XK8/XKR Handbook Sets (Manuals): 1997 to 2006 FAQ

6 Attachment(s)
When your XK8 or XKR was handed over to the original owner, it had a set of handbooks and supporting literature known as the VEHICLE LITERATURE PACK. Over the years, some or even all of this may have been lost.

After difficulty finding a download link to the right handbook for my car, I thought it could be useful to bring all these documents together in one place.

Available for download covering Model Years 1997 through to 2005 are 32 individual PDF's for US vehicles and 44 for UK vehicles (see Index below for details).

The VEHICLE LITERATURE PACK contents vary according to market and vehicle specification. It's stored in two folders:

Driver's Literature Pack (brown or green folder in the glovebox)
1. Driver's Handbook
2. Quick Reference Guide
3. Security System
4. Sound System
5. Telephone (when fitted)

Vehicle Care Literature Pack (black folder in the luggage compartment)
1. Vehicle Care Handbook
2a. Passport to Service (US only)
2b. Total Care (UK only)
3. Maintenance Schedule (UK only)
4. Service Record & Warranty Booklet (UK only)
5. Navigation System (when fitted)

The following attached PDF Index identifies the individual documents and download links for US vehicles (also applies to other LHD):
JAGUAR XK8 - Vehicle Literature PDF Summary USA)_v5

The following attached PDF Index identifies the individual documents and download links for UK vehicles (also applies to other RHD):
JAGUAR XK8 - Vehicle Literature PDF Summary UK)_v4

From the appropriate Index, identify the PDF you need for your Model Year in the 'Description' column and click on the link in the right hand 'MediaFire Link' column to go to the MediaFire download. Repeat the process for additional PDF's.

REMEMBER
1. new members with less than 10 posts and 3 days of membership (both must be achieved) cannot download or view 'attached' documents.

2. the PDF's are Adobe Acrobat format and you will need an Acrobat Reader to open them. This is available as a free download from Adobe - Downloads

Please let me know any problems with using the Index or MediaFire links. (last revised 26th August 2020.)

Graham

test point 02-07-2012 07:02 AM

Great contribution to the library!

jamjax 02-07-2012 08:48 AM

Great Job Graham!!!

Um.... not to sound ungrateful but did you come across the Model Year '04...just asking, just asking.

I wouldn't ask except you have revealed so much variation about Brembo Brake options I am wondering if that is covered in any way in these?

cheers,

jj

cheers,

jj

GGG 02-07-2012 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by jamjax (Post 466087)
Great Job Graham!!!

Um.... not to sound ungrateful but did you come across the Model Year '04...just asking, just asking.

I wouldn't ask except you have revealed so much variation about Brembo Brake options I am wondering if that is covered in any way in these?

cheers,

jj

jj,

You have a 2004 UK RHD. The 2003MY handbook (PDF Ref UK 07) was superseded in mid-2004 by PDF UK 10 so the one you need depends on the build date of your car but is likely to be the later one.

2003 was the last year the Driver's Handbook and Vehicle Care Manual were separate. With the 2004 update they were combined into a single handbook.

The Wheel & Tyre Supplement (PDF Ref UK 08) is also relevant to your split rims.

Graham

Rdyoung 03-24-2012 11:32 AM

GGG,

Thanks for putting this together, I was having a hard time locating the Nav manual.

TJFilley 04-05-2012 04:55 PM

Need the pdf's

I need the pdfs so this is one of my 10 posts that I need to do as a new member

billm 04-05-2012 05:32 PM

Great source of documents. Very clean and concise. Especially like the 'index of downloads'. Downloaded very fast and with no problems...

Thank you -

JimC64 04-05-2012 07:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 165082

One for the FAQ's I think............thanks for sharing Graham :icon_dance-cpatch:

JagSlave 06-01-2012 03:47 PM

Hello- New member here. I've been looking for a service manual for my 97 XK8 but I'm still coming up with nothing useful. There are old posts about the lack of XK8 manuals, but I'm wondering whether any new ones (Haynes, Chilton, etc) have emerged more recently.

Thanks!

The Coupe 06-01-2012 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by JagSlave (Post 522740)
Hello- New member here. I've been looking for a service manual for my 97 XK8 but I'm still coming up with nothing useful. There are old posts about the lack of XK8 manuals, but I'm wondering whether any new ones (Haynes, Chilton, etc) have emerged more recently.

Thanks!

Hey there, welcome to the Forum. You've landed in the best possible spot to gather information on your car, from guys who know what they're doing. For the most part.

Look in the DIY / FAQ thread, which is a "sticky" thread at the top of the forum. Look for a link to JTIS - this is a software program that is essentially an electronic service manual. You'll find it invaluable.

Norri 06-01-2012 05:37 PM

It will all be for nought until he has full access, I suggest visiting the New Members section soon.

rtucker 06-30-2012 03:28 PM

Hi Im looking for 1997 XK8 literature pack I am a new member but realise I have to post the threads I look forawrd to accessing you file soon

GGG 06-30-2012 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by rtucker (Post 537308)
Hi Im looking for 1997 XK8 literature pack I am a new member but realise I have to post the threads I look forawrd to accessing you file soon

A few more posts and two more days then you'll be able to download attachments from the forum.

Let me know if you have any problems downloading.

Graham

Smokabi 07-02-2012 12:50 AM

Thank you Graham, This forum is an awesome resource!!

RCSign 07-02-2012 08:53 AM

Big Thumbs Up Graham! It's members like you that make this FORUM.

macuser 07-02-2012 03:05 PM

Thank you Graham

rtucker 07-03-2012 12:42 PM

Hi all,

I was able to find all of the information I require for my car however I am missing the instructions for the sound system as the one you have is for the later radio mine is different and probably older.

Does anyone have a version to cover this sound system

Thanks so much
Cheers Richard

rtucker 07-04-2012 03:54 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi all,

I attach a picture of the audio system in my car, does someone have a copy of the manual for this model

Thanks Richard

GGG 07-04-2012 04:36 AM

Originally Posted by rtucker (Post 539109)
Hi all,

I attach a picture of the audio system in my car, does someone have a copy of the manual for this model

Thanks Richard

Richard,

That looks like the original radio cassette head unit with the four way 'joystick'.

I have a handbook for that on a backup CD. I'll add it to the list and post details later today.

Graham

GGG 07-04-2012 05:44 AM

Richard,

I've added this one to the Audio Handbooks as UK 45 covering 1996MY for all markets.

The MediaFire link is now in the revised JAGUAR XK8 - Vehicle Literature PDF Summary (UK) document in #1 at the top of the thread.

Have also sent you the link in a PM.

Graham