E type ( XK-E ) 1961 - 1975

Windscreen nozzles

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2016, 12:57 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Windscreen nozzles

Good news... The jag passed it's MOT today with flying colors, so it's just a looooong list with little jobs to do now before its finally officially done.

One issue I have - where do the w/s spray nozzles go??? I dont see/have any holes in the body in front of the w/s, nor on the bonnet itself. The w/s wiper assembly doesnt allow for a tube either... mystery...

The last thing I want to do is get a drill onto the shiny new paint and then having to struggle with the dash etc off.

Does anybody have any bright ideas??

Many thanks !

Old 12-09-2016, 05:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did they get filled in and painted over? They should be in front of the windscreen and behind the top edge of the firewall.

Old 12-10-2016, 11:53 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Very likely...

as as I said, unwilling to get the drill out at this stage. Looking at it again this afternoon I wonder if I could place some well aimed nozzles in the bonnet louvres. Might do the trick albeit not how it should be of course...

anybody tried this?

thanks!

Old 12-14-2016, 07:47 PM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I agree your body shop probably filled them and painted over them. If they used bondo they may show through sometimes in the future and then you'll know where they go. Installing them is nigh on impossible and requires removing the wiper mechanism so unless you drive the car in the rain, I'd forget about them.

Installing nozzels in the louvres could be difficult with the tubing installation.

Andy 69 FHC