General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

I got my hands on genuine VCM, where can I get IDS?

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2014, 03:44 PM
Received 35 Likes on 22 Posts
Default I got my hands on genuine VCM, where can I get IDS?

I have a 1995 XJ6 (X300). The primary goal of the exercise is to be able to work on this car. I have a genuine Rotunda VCM from a Ford dealership that closed down. This is not a clone, and I verified that it worked before purchase.

I had leftover IDS 130 VM install from Mongoose clone that did not work out. I tried plugging in the VCM and using it, but the IDS does not seem to be detecting it. When I go into the settings, it does not show the version of VCM or any VCM related information. I also noticed that Windows recognizes VCM as Realtek 8150 ethernet controller. Am I supposed to install drivers for it on the VM?

If anybody could either PM me a link with IDS software that will work for X300 or give me some pointers as to how to set up and troubleshoot IDS I would really appreciate it.

Old 11-07-2014, 09:57 PM
Banned
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by juha_teuvonnen
I have a 1995 XJ6 (X300). The primary goal of the exercise is to be able to work on this car. I have a genuine Rotunda VCM from a Ford dealership that closed down. This is not a clone, and I verified that it worked before purchase.

I had leftover IDS 130 VM install from Mongoose clone that did not work out. I tried plugging in the VCM and using it, but the IDS does not seem to be detecting it. When I go into the settings, it does not show the version of VCM or any VCM related information. I also noticed that Windows recognizes VCM as Realtek 8150 ethernet controller. Am I supposed to install drivers for it on the VM?

If anybody could either PM me a link with IDS software that will work for X300 or give me some pointers as to how to set up and troubleshoot IDS I would really appreciate it.
I think you can get information from Careucar technicians, They have provided some software help and free download. My friends get good help from there too. Hope it can help you!!!