S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) 1999 - 2008 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Icarsoft

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2017, 09:58 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Icarsoft

My wife and daughter want to get me the Icarsoft LR II for my birthday. Does anybody have experience with this model? Seems to cover everything.

Old 01-17-2017, 10:57 AM
Received 56 Likes on 44 Posts

I have the other model and it works great.. I have read that some have had trouble and they may chime in here.. I suggest you buy from a seller with a 100% guaranty and return policy.

Old 01-17-2017, 11:26 AM
Received 133 Likes on 125 Posts

I have the icarsoft 930 which works very well but I was warned by the manufacturer that it will not do everything. When I used it on automatic it read everything except the engine. How ever for the engine I use an elm 327 with a French program which deals with this problem.

For bigger problems I have a mongoose but I have not needed to use this yet. Fingers crossed.

Old 01-17-2017, 01:24 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,276 Likes on 2,813 Posts

As others have advised, be sure to purchase your iCarsoft scanner from a vendor with a full return policy if you are not satisfied. I have had my i930 scanner since last February and while it will scan my 2005 S-Type and my wife's 2006 XK8 and has properly diagnosed several issues on both cars (and paid for itself in the process), it refuses to communicate with my forum friend Wayne's (cjd777) 2000 XK8 no matter how hard we try. Keep in mind that you will not get any assistance from iCarsoft once you've made your purchase. Their so-called "customer support" is non-existent. There is no working phone number for them so you must communicate with them via e-mail. While someone typically does reply, they essentially say "sorry, it cannot do everything on every model", tell you they will forward your issue to their "engineer", and then you do not hear from them again until you follow up and ask for a status update. Then the cycle starts all over again. I have not bothered trying to contact them since last April. Perhaps their follow-up is better now but I seriously doubt it. I think the company is being run off of somebody's kitchen table in Australia....

By the way, due to memory limitations these iCarsoft scanners can be utilized either as a Jaguar / Land Rover module scanner OR as an engine scanner, but not both. So to read your engine codes, you will need a cheap OBDII scanner or an Elm 327 as mentioned above. I bought a cheap scanner using a coupon from Harbor Freight for maybe $35 last spring and it works just fine on all four of our vehicles without the need for any custom programming....

Last edited by Jon89; 01-17-2017 at 01:32 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Jumpin' Jag Flash (01-24-2017)
Old 01-18-2017, 03:53 PM
Received 51 Likes on 41 Posts

May I suggest OBDCOM's scantool?

They have and OBDII interface to a laptop, with a program you install via included CD or now they have a hand held unit as well.

Check out their website, I think the interface is about $85 US, don't know how much the handheld is.

Excellent tech support, they can be reached via phone or email and they will get right back to you seven days a week.

I've had it two years, not one problem, and it will work on my wife's Ford Escape.

Old 01-20-2017, 09:00 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Got the icarsoft lrII yesterday. So far so good. Pulled many B codes, hopefully it will help me pinpoint the issues I have. Used it on my Volvo also, pulled codes and erased them also.