US Western AK, CA, NV, OR, UT, HI, WA, ID

Jag Techs Western US

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2014, 09:56 AM
Received 75 Likes on 59 Posts

I found a brilliant shop in San Rafael, California called J&G. I like how well they treat me and my XJ-S that I bought an X300 VDP from them as my daily driver. Recommended! http://www.jandgautomotive.com/

Old 02-16-2014, 09:12 PM
Received 50 Likes on 35 Posts
Old 02-24-2014, 06:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is there anyone out there that can disassemble my driver's side cylinder head ('00 XJR), so I can bring it to the machine shop for an overhaul? And then have you put it back together again with fine adjustments. Looking for someone knowledgeable and super reasonable price-wise. If you're out there please help me out.

Old 02-24-2014, 08:42 PM

Hi JagKing,

I got a 2000 XJR with a broken head gasket on driver's side and wish someone could take it off so I can bring it to machine shop to overhaul. What would you charge for labor only? Disassemble, reassemble with fine tuning? I do parts and machine shop end. How long you'd need?

Old 03-24-2014, 03:18 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Vancouver, WA/Portland, OR?

I haven't seen anyone post a recommendation for a tech anywhere between Eugene, Oregon and Seattle, Washington. I'd love to locate one locally before I even buy...murphy repellent. Preferably right in the Vancouver, WA/Portland, OR area.

Old 04-12-2014, 11:52 AM

Hi. I'm in Denver, and I need recommendations for a Jag tech for an independent inspection before I consider buying the car. I found the car on Craigslist and the owner is in Sylmar. He is open to having it inspected. So, I'm looking for a tech in or near Sylmar or La Crescenta or anywhere reasonably close. If that's too narrow and area, I'd also like to have names of any Jag techs in Los Angeles.

Another questions: The car is at 174K. Is it reasonable to think that all things considered it could go another 60K? The car is supposed to be meticulously cared for and the owner has the service records. Thanks, Cat Bird

Old 07-31-2014, 05:17 PM

The "boys" at Britalia are retiring and no longer accepting any more cars to repair.

Old 08-01-2014, 05:38 PM
Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Britalia, Fullerton CA

Originally Posted by calcareer
The "boys" at Britalia are retiring and no longer accepting any more cars to repair.
Yes, they've been closed for a few months now. I used their good services for over 30 years! I've started taking my XJ-S to Import Service Centre, on Lambert at Berry in Brea, CA. So far, I'm happy.

Old 09-23-2014, 04:06 PM
Default J&G is good

I can confirm that they do good work at reasonable prices. My 2004 XJR likes them...

Old 09-23-2014, 04:07 PM
Default Any good shops near San Mateo, California?

My day job has me south of San Francisco now. Any good shops in between San Mateo and San Francisco?

Old 09-24-2014, 12:55 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I can vouch that J&G is decent as well; good quality work. My experience on prices is about 20% - 25% less than dealer.

In San Mateo - Hills Motors is decent. If I were closer to them, I'd take my cat there.

Putnam Lexus used to sell Jags YEARS ago, you may want to ring them up and ask their service advisers where the Jag techs went and if they can recommend any shops.

Good luck.

Old 11-06-2014, 03:15 AM
Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

Hello I'm in West LA / Santa Monica area. Any recommendations on independent shops or techs out there looking to do some work?

I just purchased my XJR and would like to know where to go aside from the dealer.

I do know of Mitchells British Car Service in Culver City area and British Car Clinic in Santa Monica. Any feedback on these two places as far as their pricing and competency?

Old 11-06-2014, 06:10 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,541 Likes on 1,412 Posts

VR6Guru,
There are a number of Jaguar specialty shops in the Valley, one in Sherman Oaks on Woodman, 2 doors north of the 101 Freeway and another on Parthenia in Northridge next door to Brent's Deli (well worth the trip just for that) just east of Corbin. I have not used either of these service facilities, however, I use the mechanic that I use for all of my cars (about 10), who is very knowledgeable and works on all three of my Jags, including my 2002 XKR convertible, 2002 XJ Sport, and 2010 XKR coupe. His shop name is Sako's (his name is Sako), and he is located on Parthenia just west of Reseda Blvd. in Northridge. His phone number is 818 701-7772. I have known and used him for 15 years and I have some sway with him if you need anything specific. He also does all of my body/paint work as well.

Let me know if you need an introduction.
Ted

Old 11-24-2014, 01:25 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Need a Jag tech in the south bay area (san Jose) winchester

I need a new cat converter ,experiencing low idle stalls and a few other issues. replaced Cam positioning sensor ,spark plug standard copper plug, relay switch in the trunk and fuel pump fuse twice. I have done 90% of the work myself and I am on a shoe string budget.

Help

Old 01-01-2015, 07:48 PM

I don't think anyone is cheap for Jags, however I'd reqcommend KwikWay on kiley blvd in san jose.

They do good work, and they stand by it.

If you really need dir cheap, you may just order low flow cats from Summit racing or something and then just have a muffler shop weld em on.

Joe

Old 02-03-2015, 02:50 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Blown Head Gasket on 2000 XKR. pulled coil and plug - H2O in Cylinder
San Diego Jag --> Expert repair needed <--.

Personal experience only please!!
Need to hear from those members who have actually had head gasket repaired by S.D. shop and had GREAT results. And those that had "less than ideal" results!
Did you do the 4.2 gasket? Did they recommend such?

What's the good reputation machine shop for milling the head, doing VJ, guides, and seals?

THANKS a BILLION!

Old 02-09-2015, 12:40 PM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

I used to live in Portland Oregon. Consolidated Auto Works did excellent work on my car.

Here is their website.

Consolidated Auto Works | Portland Oregon | Jaguar Automobile Parts, Service and Repair

Old 05-11-2015, 02:51 PM
Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

Bump for any recommendations in the westside area.

Old 05-11-2015, 06:59 PM
Veteran Member
Received 426 Likes on 306 Posts

I've been to many of the OC dealerships and feel that JLR Anaheim Hills is by far the best. Go see Jay. He's very professional and really does go the extra mile for me. I have an extended warranty so when that applies they definitely get my business.

Since I wanted aftermarket pads put on, I also tried British Performance in Mission Viejo. Jeff is a good guy and what I was charged was more than fair for the work performed.

British Auto Service

Old 06-01-2015, 10:36 AM
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Well living in Bakersfield, having no dealership, our only certified shops are at least 120 miles south to Los Angeles or north to Fresno. However, I belong to the Bakersfield British Car Club and we have been lucky enough to have found a great local shop that works on foreign and classic domestic cars, Automotive Technical Service. In the club we have many Jaguars from the classics from XK 120 to XK8/XKR along with the rest of the gambit of British cars. Most all of the members who have work done now take all their work to this shop. Unfortunately one member learned the hard way, before finding this shop. He had his car in another shop having engine work done. When it was returned the place they had sent the head out to for machining, and had a different head returned. So he found he no longer had a numbers matching XK140 (they could not locate the original head). He now has Andy and his crew at Automotive Technical Services do all the work on his 6 Jags. So if you ever find yourself in need of assistance in Bakersfield I recommend Andy Teixeira @ ATS 3118 Union Ave 661 327-0156. They are reasonable, knowledgeable, and take care of your vehicle, since they deal with a variety classics and exotics.

Quick Reply: Jag Techs Western US