XE ( X760 ) 2015 -

VelocityAP ECU tune installed today

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2017, 09:02 AM
Veteran Member
Received 357 Likes on 174 Posts

I think he is referring to that JB box which I think is like a unichip.
has a T-Harness so you can plug it n and remove it without the dealer seeing a reflash but is still detectable.

Old 02-07-2017, 12:23 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,197 Likes on 931 Posts

Originally Posted by Stuart@VelocityAP
What do you mean by 'plug-n-play' - are you talking about a piggyback device?
I believe he is referring to a piggyback device.

Old 02-07-2017, 12:46 PM
Received 822 Likes on 467 Posts

Originally Posted by mosesbotbol
I believe he is referring to a piggyback device.
Okay, I thought that might be the case but terminology can sometimes be used differently by different people.

No, we don't use piggy-back devices. So far we just haven't found anything we felt safe using. When you have the option to do everything properly through the OBDII port it is vastly preferable.

O: (1)250-485-5126
E: Stuart@VelocityAP.com
www.velocityap.com

Old 02-07-2017, 08:58 PM
Veteran Member
Received 95 Likes on 86 Posts

[QUOTE=BigCat09;1614717]I removed the engine for the same reason Jaguar removed it off the SVR, it holds the heat in and with it off the heat soaking doesn't affect the car as quickly in the summer months. Plus it allows for more of the blower anime to be audible.

please give me all the details on the Varex setup including which model you chose? I been trying to figure out how to plumb one of those units into my XE like My XFR had. Having control over the Valve is a great idea to keep my wife quiet for long trips. It will also net some performance and sound benefits as well. I don't care how loud or quiet it gets long as I don't get that nasty raspy cracking sound that some people grown to love just like this FTYPE guys love.

as for the 100 shot that is kids play, my local friend and on this forum has a 125 shot on his stock FTYPE and goes 10.30's and he has made many many runs and this thing just stays together and loves the bottle. We think he has hit the ceiling as the TCU is now holding it back from letting anymore power reach the ground. He even up the shot a bit higher and nothing changes at all in the time slips or dyno.

since the 35T is built the same as the other V8's a 100 shot would be totally safe and net some serious gains in this chassis.[/QUOTE

I dont think Varex makes and exhaust that will fit the XE yet. Mine are the VMK7-250. I looked in their website and for sure there is nothing that even looks like it would be made to fit the XE setup

Old 02-08-2017, 07:07 AM
Veteran Member

[QUOTE=Cherry_560sel;1616499]
Originally Posted by BigCat09
I removed the engine for the same reason Jaguar removed it off the SVR, it holds the heat in and with it off the heat soaking doesn't affect the car as quickly in the summer months. Plus it allows for more of the blower anime to be audible.

please give me all the details on the Varex setup including which model you chose? I been trying to figure out how to plumb one of those units into my XE like My XFR had. Having control over the Valve is a great idea to keep my wife quiet for long trips. It will also net some performance and sound benefits as well. I don't care how loud or quiet it gets long as I don't get that nasty raspy cracking sound that some people grown to love just like this FTYPE guys love.

as for the 100 shot that is kids play, my local friend and on this forum has a 125 shot on his stock FTYPE and goes 10.30's and he has made many many runs and this thing just stays together and loves the bottle. We think he has hit the ceiling as the TCU is now holding it back from letting anymore power reach the ground. He even up the shot a bit higher and nothing changes at all in the time slips or dyno.

since the 35T is built the same as the other V8's a 100 shot would be totally safe and net some serious gains in this chassis.[/QUOTE

I dont think Varex makes and exhaust that will fit the XE yet. Mine are the VMK7-250. I looked in their website and for sure there is nothing that even looks like it would be made to fit the XE setup

I hope you can post some sound clips and pics please? I can't see how you got the quad tips of the VMK7-250 to fit but I like it.

I haven't raised the car yet to plot it out but my plan is to straight pipe it from the cats back into a pair of the single tip VMK8-250 units to fit like OEM.

I wasn't going to do an X-Pipe on this V6 because of this quote :https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...ipe-v6-169252/

The firing order of the V6 is "balanced" so you won't get any performance gains from an x-pipe (unlike the V8 with it's uneven firing order), it will change the tone of the exhaust on a V6 though.

Old 02-10-2017, 02:52 PM
Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Re: X-pipe,

I posted a picture of the XE exhaust system in another thread... there is something akin to an X-pipe already fitted to the V6 car so I don't think adding one would change to much except to make it a lot louder.

Old 02-10-2017, 05:59 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by alphakinase

I posted a picture of the XE exhaust system in another thread... there is something akin to an X-pipe already fitted to the V6 car so I don't think adding one would change to much except to make it a lot louder.

Old 02-15-2017, 01:54 PM
Received 51 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by carzaddict
is there no plug-n-play option for these cars? the one thing I liked about my BMW was that I could just plug the tune in and remove it when i needed to bring it to the dealership....and no one would know it ever existed.
We can do that with the VelocityAP tune. I have done it myself....
In fact my model had a recall to flash the ECU, so I simply reinstalled Stuarts tune right in the dealer lot after picking up the car. sweet!

Old 02-15-2017, 02:19 PM
Veteran Member

Where is this post you speak of, I can't find it?
I want to see and hear your setup please....

Old 02-15-2017, 02:21 PM

My setup is standard, no modifications. Here are the pictures I mentioned though... you can see right after the cats there is a muffler that combines the two exhaust banks, similar to what an X-pipe would do

Old 02-15-2017, 02:46 PM
Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts

My setup is standard, no modifications. Here are the pictures I mentioned though... you can see right after the cats there is a muffler that combines the two exhaust banks, similar to what an X-pipe would do

I think you mean the resonator.

XE's problem is indeed mufflers in my opinion. Jaguar tried to get the balanced sounds w/o active exhaust and it did not work out as far as I am concerned.

The car is neither loud, raspy and muscular nor quiet and comfortable, it makes this hollow V6's sound which albeit gets pleasant above 5K RPM, sounds very droney below that.

Old 02-27-2017, 07:06 PM
Veteran Member

[quote=BigCat09;1616713]
Originally Posted by Cherry_560sel

I hope you can post some sound clips and pics please? I can't see how you got the quad tips of the VMK7-250 to fit but I like it.

I haven't raised the car yet to plot it out but my plan is to straight pipe it from the cats back into a pair of the single tip VMK8-250 units to fit like OEM.

I wasn't going to do an X-Pipe on this V6 because of this quote :https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...ipe-v6-169252/

The firing order of the V6 is "balanced" so you won't get any performance gains from an x-pipe (unlike the V8 with it's uneven firing order), it will change the tone of the exhaust on a V6 though.
Here is a short video I made today. The car now has the VelocityAP Tune, TCP intake, and a Varex Exhaust. Be warned..it's a bad camera phone video, but it will give you an idea of the sound you should expect from the Varex.

I plan to head out later tonight to do some WOT runs and acclimate the ECU to the tune, so I will have better sound clips then. i will turn the radio off this time...lol

Old 02-27-2017, 07:55 PM
Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts

[QUOTE=Cherry_560sel;1629534]

Here is a short video I made today. The car now has the VelocityAP Tune, TCP intake, and a Varex Exhaust. Be warned..it's a bad camera phone video, but it will give you an idea of the sound you should expect from the Varex.

I plan to head out later tonight to do some WOT runs and acclimate the ECU to the tune, so I will have better sound clips then. i will turn the radio off this time...lol

https://youtu.be/_H0RIriTLn8
With all due respect, your car sounds and accelerates very similar to mine.

Maybe it just seems that way due to the bad quality footage but I could not notice any difference in sound or acceleration.

Old 02-27-2017, 08:51 PM
Veteran Member

[QUOTE=Demetre Gvaramia;1629559]

With all due respect, your car sounds and accelerates very similar to mine.

Maybe it just seems that way due to the bad quality footage but I could not notice any difference in sound or acceleration.
umm..ok...also don't take this the wrong way, but I test drove the 3.5t R Sport and the sound is absolutely nothing like the Varex. It probably is the audio/video quality that may lead you to think that. I left my GoPro attached to my surfboard, so the phone cam is all I have.

As far as the acceleration, I can't say because mine is the 340 hp version that got bumped up to 416 HP with the the tune. Add 20HP for the exhaust (claimed by manufacturer), another 12HP from the TCP Intake and 8HP from the K&N filters and I am probably putting out at least 60HP more than your stock 3.5t. so I guess if the extra 60 ponies seem to you to be identical to what the 3.5t puts out then who am I to correct you. Your car is lighter so that may be a big variable to consider. I am posting my dyno numbers on the XF side later in March if you want to take a look at the Stock vs Tuned numbers. Cheers

Last edited by Cherry_560sel; 02-27-2017 at 09:06 PM.
Old 02-27-2017, 09:39 PM

Dude did you really upload an exhaust sound video with loud music in the background? What is the point of this... your setup may sound totally amazing but you can't expect any of us to give you relevant feedback based on that video.

I also really doubt the k&n filters give you 8hp, or any hp. As I understand it the same filters are used in the V8 meaning they'll flow plenty of air for the V6. But hey I could be wrong, and it'd be awesome if I was.

Old 02-27-2017, 10:25 PM
Veteran Member

Dude did you really upload an exhaust sound video with loud music in the background? What is the point of this... your setup may sound totally amazing but you can't expect any of us to give you relevant feedback based on that video.

I also really doubt the k&n filters give you 8hp, or any hp. As I understand it the same filters are used in the V8 meaning they'll flow plenty of air for the V6. But hey I could be wrong, and it'd be awesome if I was.
Well...yeah..I really did !!!!...hahahaha....for whats its worth, I like the sound from the Varex. It's really not my problem if the sound on the video is not up to par for any of you...lol...I can hear it just fine ...and I am really not looking for any feedback from anyone. There was a guy on here that I told I would post sound of the Varex exhaust when I install it. I feel I did my part. If it helps anyone decide or not..I really dont care...hehehe...I didn't even care that the music was up...because I am having fun driving this car. So.....the K&N filters actually do give you a bit of HP with the tune because of the increased boost, but let's say you are correct and they yield nothing. So, I guess I spent $100 on nice re-usable filter. I am ok with that.

Last edited by Cherry_560sel; 02-27-2017 at 10:39 PM.
Old 03-01-2017, 02:13 PM
Veteran Member

Throwing ya a bone...

The following users liked this post:
alphakinase (03-01-2017)
Old 03-01-2017, 02:16 PM

Sounds great man. Thanks for the video.

Old 03-03-2017, 03:39 PM
Veteran Member
Cool

Throwing ya a bone...

https://youtu.be/Ta2fLAKNUo4

IS that with the valves open? Sounds great i the vid and I don't hear any raspy crackles either. I like it. You deleted both resonators right and added a X pipe right? I need to get the single tip versions of those cans to fit the opening like stock.

Old 03-03-2017, 04:22 PM
Veteran Member

IS that with the valves open? Sounds great i the vid and I don't hear any raspy crackles either. I like it. You deleted both resonators right and added a X pipe right? I need to get the single tip versions of those cans to fit the opening like stock.
There are some crackles every once in a while, but not to the extent that you would have if you added added the 200 CEL cats from VelocityAP...that would make your car sound extreme. For an XF, it just doesn't fit. But....if I had an F Type, then hell yes!!!

Yes..the video is with the valves fully open. I don;t keep them closed The set up is as follows: K&N Filters, TCPIntake, Resonator delete (don;t know what you mean by both. There is a resonator in the middle just after the cat downpipes..that is replaced with an X pipe), and the Varex ehaust.

The leggy blonde complained about the sound, and with the push of a button...she was happy. It went back to stock ...nice and quite.