XJ ( X351 ) 2009 - 2019

Brake lines help!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2017, 02:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brake lines help!!

Hi I am new to the forum and also to jaguar. i own a 2013 jaguar xjl awd. Every time the car is started at 15 mph the abs pump is so strong that the brake lines pulse and hit the bottom of the frame making a tapping noise for about 3 seconds. After the sound passes it never comes back until the car is shut off and started up again then at 15 mph it repeats. Dealer wrapped the lines in foam but you can still hear it. Car is still under warranty but wondering if this is normal or any suggestions on a fix? Thx for any advice!

Old 03-08-2017, 03:33 PM
Veteran member
Received 3,825 Likes on 3,144 Posts

Nramos, I have a 2012 and I can't ever recall having a brake line shake hard enough to have me hear it (even hitting pot holes and other bumps in the road). From what you describe, you either have an ABS module that is applying too much pressure or the lines are not properly supported and therefore are able to move too much. I would start with seeing if you can find another dealership in your area and drop the car off to them (give them a test drive to let them hear the noise). See what they say. Sounds like someone didn't want to take the time to either properly diagnose the problem or thought the fix was good enough and didn't test out the fix before returning the vehicle to the customer. Either way, the dealership is wrong.