XJ ( X351 ) 2009 - 2019

Time for brakes.

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2017, 09:22 AM
Veteran Member
Received 513 Likes on 413 Posts

Enosgl, I would contact JLR US customer Service in New Jersey and tell them of your experience and send them a picture of your pads. At the very least they will contact the selling dealer to call into question their inspection. Also, they may offer to pay for OEM replacement parts. The only way we can make these dealers toe the mark is to inform JLR as they take CPO very seriously.

Old 02-22-2017, 12:13 PM
Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

Thanks, Xjsss. I couldn't agree more. More so than the brakes is what other corners they may have cut. I THOUGHT it was a reputable dealer, one that has been here in the Chicago area for many years, at any rate. Maybe I'll start with the Manager before escalating it.

Old 03-22-2017, 07:40 PM
Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts
Default Finally-Clean wheels!

While there are several non OEM options for an Supercharged XJ, those wanting Ceramic pads for the same vehicle's front have limited options. I ended up using Bosch rotors after the Centric rotors were damaged not once, but TWICE in shipping. But for the damage, they seemed to be high quality, but for the shipping damage. The ceramic pads are offered by both EPC and TRW, the latter being made in Italy. I opted for the latter at less than HALF the price. After a month of driving, I will say that whether they are cold or hot , I really do not notice any adverse issue with the pads, in spite of Jaguar not recommending them. I WILL say, though, that my rims are at least now clean far longer than the OEM pads.

Still "chatting" with the dealer about WHY this was missed in the CPO exam, but they ARE discussing it.

Not a bad job for anybody with automotive experience.

Wheels as clean as the rest of the car . . .