XJ ( X351 ) 2009 - 2019

XJ 2010 3.0D strange sound and MAF sensor problem?

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2017, 09:02 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Post XJ 2010 3.0D strange sound and MAF sensor problem?

Hi fellows,
I have some troubles with my Jag. Approx 7 months ago my inlet manifold was replaced because was cracked. After replacement I've noticed a strange sound coming from the engine at about 5 minutes after I start... and the engine is idle.With this sound, some shakes can be felt inside the vehicle. Also occasionally there is a hesitation. I don't remember to have this sound and shake before the inlet manifold was changed... at least not like this. There is no error in the dash, no "check engine" light on and no lack of power. Exhaust fumes come into the vehicle. I had that problem in the past but only once in a while but now this is constant. I've tried to record the sound and upload it to Youtube. Here is the link:
For those who have 2 minutes to watch maybe you can check your cars and reply if the sound is normal or not. At the end of the video are the results from SDD Diagnostic. I will attach the diagnostic result in here. I didn't understand exactly what SDD result mean. If someone can enlighten me I will be grateful. I want to have an idea before I will go to a garage and be ripped off. Cheers!

Old 02-28-2017, 08:14 AM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

I have same car and sound is not normal. To me it looks like something is broke in the exhaust.