XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Opinions on this XKR

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2017, 03:56 PM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I can't comment on the price I don't know the value there but in the UK xk8/xkr are getting very expensive, if you like the car and it feels right then go for it

The following users liked this post:
kauai1800 (01-26-2017)
Old 01-25-2017, 09:29 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just a little update. I am continuing to move forward on getting this car. The dealership appears to have stepped up and done the work that was needed. The plan is to do a thorough FaceTime session to go over the previous issues and see they've been resolved. They performed a compression test and said everything looked ok (of course I'll get the actual numbers before the deal is done). So in the upcoming days I should get all the information I need to make a final decision, but it's looking pretty positive.

Old 01-25-2017, 10:16 PM
Veteran Member
Received 600 Likes on 446 Posts

Good for you. Just remember, even in Hawaii, there will be another one so if it don't feel right walk away. I've been bitten by the XKE bug and almost offered you mine but every time i drive it I just can't let it go and XKE' S are another adventure all together.

kauai1800 (01-26-2017)
Old 01-25-2017, 11:39 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,253 Likes on 688 Posts

Originally Posted by Jandreu
Good for you. Just remember, even in Hawaii, there will be another one so if it don't feel right walk away. I've been bitten by the XKE bug and almost offered you mine but every time i drive it I just can't let it go and XKE' S are another adventure all together.
I would keep the XK8 for a daily driver.

I got to drive a LOT of XKEs back in the 70's. While I was in school I worked for a Jaguar dealer in their service department as a driver. The mechanics were too greedy to spend time test driving the cars after they fixed them. They were raking in the money fixing them in less time than alotted but getting paid for the alotted time.

So I got to do most all of the test driving for about 4 hours a day.

I loved driving the XKEs but can't imagine one being used as a daily driver, especially now that I have the XK8.

On weekends at night I worked at an exclusive hotel/club in downtown Indianapolis as a valet. Got to drive all kinds of exotic expensive cars (and come home with a roll of cash from tips).

Both were dream jobs for a teen with a driver’s license. 

kauai1800 (01-26-2017)