Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   F-Type ( X152 ) (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f-type-x152-72/)
-   -   2014 jaguar f type roof issue (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f-type-x152-72/2014-jaguar-f-type-roof-issue-139856/)

Evl5 03-30-2015 09:41 AM

2014 jaguar f type roof issue

1 Attachment(s)
Can someone tell me that when they put up the top if they hold the button does the windows go up,also.
Before the winter I thought my windows went up, now they don't. Before I go to jaguar, I wanted to verify this.
I don't think I am crazy

duprey26 03-30-2015 10:12 AM

Mine definitely does not automatically put the windows up. I asked the dealer, and they confirmed that you need to manually raise the windows after raising the roof. Definitely one of my bigger annoyances with the car. There are very few scenarios where one would raise the roof and not also want the windows raised. It should be the default behavior, but it isn't.

I would also think that it should be fixable via a software update. Maybe if we all lobby Jaguar...

Evl5 03-30-2015 10:19 AM

Thanks. Wired. I thought they went up when you kept pressure on roof switch. They
Go down when you are putting down top
Really it must of been a long winter for me not to remember.
B well

Schwabe 03-30-2015 10:24 AM

not going back up, here either ... ding dong ... roof done ... now close your windows.

Foosh 03-30-2015 10:58 AM

I'll make it unanimous, so far. They do go down automatically when putting the top down, but not back up automatically when the top goes up.

Evl5 03-30-2015 11:03 AM

Maybe I am thinking of my old aston Martin
Again if you hold the button thy don't go up. They should for the $$$$

Thanks

spinningbull 03-30-2015 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by Evl5 (Post 1195015)
Again if you hold the button thy don't go up. They should for the $$$$

Thanks

The smart top add on mentioned in this forum adds all those features, plus access from the key fob. 10m installation, and we'll worth it. I love mine

62jeff 03-30-2015 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by Evl5 (Post 1195015)

Thanks

Possibly. My DB9 raises the windows as part of the raising the top. In pretty sure my XK8 did the same.

enfield 03-30-2015 03:50 PM

Yup - windows do not go up. I will install smart top once my car is done sleeping.....

bjg625 03-30-2015 08:19 PM

Lot of smart top owners on my previous Merc forum. They all loved it!

AnD3rew 03-31-2015 04:01 AM

Mine raises the windows if you keep holding the roof switch after the tone that indicates it is latched.

Evl5 03-31-2015 06:19 AM

That is what the dealer said. I called 2 dealers one said yes other no. The windows should go up.
As you can see we have many different answers.
Can't believe it. I thought the windows went up before winter now don't.
I guess I am going to dealer and test drive a car then complain if the windows go up.
That is a nice feature. Even if I got smart top if the windows don't go up stock it won't work either.
Thanks for replys

Diminiko 03-31-2015 06:39 AM

That's odd. Mine definitely goes up at the end of roof up or roof down.

Cambo 03-31-2015 06:54 AM

Probably needs to be activated in the vehicle settings, i.e. the dealer should be able to turn it on with the SDD diagnostics system.

I know with earlier models, the US-spec models would not "global close" from the remote, but the UK/EU/ROW-spec cars would. It had to be activated on the US cars.

No coincidence that the two Aussies with ROW-spec cars have it, but the US guys don't...

Lovemonet 03-31-2015 08:40 AM

I have the R coupe so this thread does not apply to my car. However, I do find this thread amusing as I can remember the days when we had to manually raise and lower the convertible top (usually in the pouring rain) and then manually roll up the windows. So complaints about having to electronically raise the windows (oh my!) are interesting.

Foosh 03-31-2015 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by Lovemonet (Post 1195745)
I have the R coupe so this thread does not apply to my car. However, I do find this thread amusing as I can remember the days when we had to manually raise and lower the convertible top (usually in the pouring rain) and then manually roll up the windows. So complaints about having to electronically raise the windows (oh my!) are interesting.

Yes, more "first-world problems."

;)

duprey26 03-31-2015 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by Lovemonet (Post 1195745)

Yes, first world problems for sure. Nonetheless, we now live in a time where the expectations for a vehicle of this caliber and cost have risen dramatically. I tend to doubt that your manual roof, manual window roadster cost nearly double the US annual household income at the time. For whatever reason, Jaguar (US) seems to have missed the mark on a couple of details like the locking gas cap (not an issue for me), and this one.

duprey26 03-31-2015 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by enfield (Post 1195235)
Yup - windows do not go up. I will install smart top once my car is done sleeping.....

I've ordered the SmartTop, and it's due in tomorrow. I hope to install it over the weekend, and will report back on it's operation.

pembroke 03-31-2015 02:37 PM

The windows always went back up after either raising or lowering the roof. But install the smart top. You can operate the roof and windows from the key fob. Really a wonderful addition!

AnD3rew 04-01-2015 12:18 AM

Tell me about this smart top where you get it and how you install it?

My old BMW would drop the top from the key fob as you were approaching which I loved, would like to be able to do this on my F.

**edited to say don't worry, a Google found it and an Australian distributor**