Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   F-Type ( X152 ) (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f-type-x152-72/)
-   -   Adaption setting to change the MPH of the rear spoiler raising (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f-type-x152-72/adaption-setting-change-mph-rear-spoiler-raising-215195/)

68etypejagman 03-18-2019 02:13 PM

Adaption setting to change the MPH of the rear spoiler raising

In my 2012 Audi A7, there was an adaption setting to change the MPH when the rear spoiler deployed. Has anyone hacked the adaption codes to find that setting?

Stohlen 03-18-2019 06:03 PM

Nope. No one has figured this out yet.

Misujerr 03-19-2019 11:29 PM

I wish someone could! People have put a switch in to manually raise/lower it and have disconnected it all together.

68etypejagman 03-21-2019 05:48 PM

Working on it!

I hopped on Topix today and downloaded a bunch of manuals. Was looking for adaption settings but to no avail. next I will sign up for a day of SDD/ diagnostics. I've also reached out to a level 4 Jaguar tech to see what he was taught. I would like to start a thread on how we can truly customize the settings on the F-Type! Stay tuned...now, back to working on my e-type...May is just around the corner!

OzXFR 03-21-2019 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by 68etypejagman (Post 2043602)
I hopped on Topix today and downloaded a bunch of manuals. Was looking for adaption settings but to no avail. next I will sign up for a day of SDD/ diagnostics. I've also reached out to a level 4 Jaguar tech to see what he was taught. I would like to start a thread on how we can truly customize the settings on the F-Type! Stay tuned...now, back to working on my e-type...May is just around the corner!

There is a thread or post around here somewhere about this, but long story short I asked our resident SDD expert Cambo the same question a couple of years ago and he advised that there was no such option available in SDD, not even in engineering mode, and the computer code which controls the speed at which the spoiler deploys is almost certainly buried very deep inside one of the many modules, so deep that no-one can access it.

313FType 03-22-2019 07:31 AM

I won't get my hopes up based on the threads I've read around here but this would be really cool if you figured it out. I would set mine's around 40 ish :D

Unhingd 03-22-2019 08:02 AM

The spoiler on the F-Type (coupe or vert) isn’t particularly attractive. It serves a functional purpose only. I wouldn’t try to second guess the design engineers’ calculation regarding the speeds at which the spoiler deploys and retracts.

313FType 03-22-2019 08:10 AM

Lol haha yes u are right it does not look particularly attractive as far as spoilers go. I just think movable car body parts are always cool when u can move them "on demand" lol

scm 03-22-2019 11:14 AM

Mine's up from 0 to max ... ;)

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.jag...a5689bcb5c.jpg

CW3SF 03-22-2019 12:48 PM

My 2014 has a button to raise and lower. I leave it raised all the time. Just looks better to me. I don’t really care how it looks to everyone else. :D

DJS 03-22-2019 01:53 PM

Apparently, the coupes have less control over the spoiler. In the 'vert, we can raise/lower it up to the point where the car wants to control it (up at 60MPH, down at 40MPH, different than the coupe.)

Unhingd 03-22-2019 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by DJS (Post 2043990)
Apparently, the coupes have less control over the spoiler. In the 'vert, we can raise/lower it up to the point where the car wants to control it (up at 60MPH, down at 40MPH, different than the coupe.)

True. We have no control of the spoiler at any speed greater than a standstill. For that matter, I have no control over anything, ever.

fujicoupe 03-23-2019 11:01 AM

If only I knew an average 13 year old, I'd have him or her hack the appropriate module and change the constants from 70 and 50 to 35 and 25. Alas my skills are outdated and I no longer possess the technical prowess to do such code changes. The last code I patched was for a COBOL compiler.

Unhingd 03-23-2019 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by fujicoupe (Post 2044395)
If only I knew an average 13 year old, I'd have him or her hack the appropriate module and change the constants from 70 and 50 to 35 and 25. Alas my skills are outdated and I no longer possess the technical prowess to do such code changes. The last code I patched was for a COBOL compiler.

Don’t feel bad. What you can program with less than a couple megabytes takes that 13 year old several gigabytes.

scm 03-23-2019 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by Unhingd (Post 2044412)
Don’t feel bad. What you can program with less than a couple megabytes ....

We used to dream of having megabytes .... ;)

frostysauce 03-23-2019 11:45 AM

I'm wondering if the spoiler is controlled by the main ECU, or if there is another computer for the spoiler motor or something? The EU models have full control of the spoiler regardless of speed, maybe we just need to find the right piece that allows us the control over the spoiler to replace?

OzXFR 03-23-2019 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by frostysauce (Post 2044419)
I'm wondering if the spoiler is controlled by the main ECU, or if there is another computer for the spoiler motor or something? The EU models have full control of the spoiler regardless of speed, maybe we just need to find the right piece that allows us the control over the spoiler to replace?

Are your sure the EU models have full manual control?
Coz my car is effectively a UK model and it has zero control other than when the car is stopped.

DJS 03-23-2019 03:45 PM

Here’s an F-type network diagram. I would think multiple modules are almost certainly involved. Good luck!
https://www.dropbox.com/s/e6fp29b26h...works.pdf?dl=0

fujicoupe 03-23-2019 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by scm (Post 2044415)
We used to dream of having megabytes .... ;)

For sure! The first mainframe I programmed for was an IBM 1401 Model G, G being the enhanced version which sported a whooping 15,999 bytes of addressable storage--that's right 16K! Card reader input and tape drives that recorded data at 226 bytes per inch; chain printer that printed at a mind boggling 650 lines per minute.
We still got all of our applications done, although now it's hard to fathom how.
I can still remember attending symposiums where Cdr. Grace Hopper was the guest speaker. She is who I learned where the term "bug" came from in the computing environment.

DJS 03-27-2019 10:16 AM

Since inquiring minds want to know, I extracted the technical info on the spoiler from OzXFR's shop manual. Lots of very interesting info here...
https://www.dropbox.com/s/oem2ba68gk...etals.pdf?dl=0