Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   F-Type ( X152 ) (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f-type-x152-72/)
-   -   Cruise control missing (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f-type-x152-72/cruise-control-missing-191350/)

Christophe 10-28-2017 04:00 AM

Cruise control missing

Hi guys,

My F-type I bought doesn't have cruise control. Is it possible to install it aftermarket?

Thanks,
Christophe

SinF 10-28-2017 08:04 AM

This is unusual. I heard about bare-bones F-types, but only for sale in UK.

Stohlen 10-28-2017 08:14 AM

In BMWs they don't offer rear fog lights in U.S. spec models, but you can add it just by replacing the headlight switch with a European model switch. Perhaps adding the switch would also add the feature since it isn't that complex. Many times its cheaper to just take away the switch than make 2 different wiring harnesses/software packages that increase plant complexity.

Christophe 10-28-2017 12:26 PM

Well, the option was not selected when the car was bought new.
So where the buttons normally are on the steering wheel there is a plastic cover.

Stohlen 10-28-2017 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by Christophe (Post 1783427)
Well, the option was not selected when the car was bought new.
So where the buttons normally are on the steering wheel there is a plastic cover.

Correct. So you'd need to pop that cover off and see if there is electrical connections present underneath.

OzXFR 10-28-2017 03:42 PM

You will probably need a new steering wheel with CC (plenty available on Fleabay or from Rimmer Bros) and then you would need someone to tweak the CCF using SDD to turn the system on.

Stohlen 10-28-2017 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by OzXFR (Post 1783497)
You will probably need a new steering wheel with CC (plenty available on Fleabay or from Rimmer Bros) and then you would need someone to tweak the CCF using SDD to turn the system on.

This is probably the most likely scenario, but its possible you don't need to tweak anything. Being there are no switches, the system could technically be active all the time without any issue. This would reduce plant complexity when initiating the vehicles.

bcbruno 06-09-2020 02:13 AM

Originally Posted by Christophe (Post 1783269)
Hi guys,

My F-type I bought doesn't have cruise control. Is it possible to install it aftermarket?

Thanks,
Christophe

I was also victim of this issue, only notice after.

Did you got to solve this issue?

Thanks

bcbruno 06-17-2020 01:34 AM

Help!!!

Without Cruise control this car became a bit annoying on longer trips, my knee and foot got numb all the time...

I really need to find a solution for this perhaps someone can indicate a expert that might can solve this.

Arden told me they can only sell me the steering wheel but no coding the CC buttons....

carlos CCO 07-28-2020 04:02 PM

[QUOTE-bcbruno;2248952] ˇˇˇAyuda!!!
Sin control de crucero este coche se convirtió en un poco molesto en viajes más largos, mi rodilla y el pie se adormeció todo el
tiempo...
Realmente necesito encontrar una solución para esto tal vez alguien pueda indicar un experto que pueda resolver
esto.
Arden me dijo que sólo pueden venderme el volante, pero no codificar los botones CC....
[/QUOTE]
Hola,
Alguna noticia nueva sobre su duda, tengo el mismo problema.
Gracias

eeeeek 07-29-2020 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by Stohlen (Post 1783346)
In BMWs they don't offer rear fog lights in U.S. spec models, but you can add it just by replacing the headlight switch with a European model switch. Perhaps adding the switch would also add the feature since it isn't that complex. Many times its cheaper to just take away the switch than make 2 different wiring harnesses/software packages that increase plant complexity.

Side note: I hate rear facing fog lights. Why? Because every jackass with a Merc or Audit that has them drives around with them on ALL THE TIME.

scm 07-29-2020 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by eeeeek (Post 2268296)
Side note: I hate rear facing fog lights. Why? Because every jackass with a Merc or Audit that has them drives around with them on ALL THE TIME.

In the UK they don't use them all the time, but at the first hint of mist - on they go to blind following drivers. And many of them think they're rain lights, which are really blinding. and not just limited to Merc and Audi - lots of idiots driving other makes. :(