Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cruise control missing

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2017, 04:00 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cruise control missing

Hi guys,

My F-type I bought doesn't have cruise control. Is it possible to install it aftermarket?

Thanks,
Christophe

Old 10-28-2017, 08:04 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,140 Likes on 1,461 Posts

This is unusual. I heard about bare-bones F-types, but only for sale in UK.

Old 10-28-2017, 08:14 AM
Veteran Member
Received 640 Likes on 410 Posts

In BMWs they don't offer rear fog lights in U.S. spec models, but you can add it just by replacing the headlight switch with a European model switch. Perhaps adding the switch would also add the feature since it isn't that complex. Many times its cheaper to just take away the switch than make 2 different wiring harnesses/software packages that increase plant complexity.

Old 10-28-2017, 12:26 PM

Well, the option was not selected when the car was bought new.
So where the buttons normally are on the steering wheel there is a plastic cover.

Old 10-28-2017, 02:45 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Christophe
Well, the option was not selected when the car was bought new.
So where the buttons normally are on the steering wheel there is a plastic cover.
Correct. So you'd need to pop that cover off and see if there is electrical connections present underneath.

Old 10-28-2017, 03:42 PM
Veteran Member
Received 3,128 Likes on 2,306 Posts

You will probably need a new steering wheel with CC (plenty available on Fleabay or from Rimmer Bros) and then you would need someone to tweak the CCF using SDD to turn the system on.

Old 10-28-2017, 03:46 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by OzXFR
You will probably need a new steering wheel with CC (plenty available on Fleabay or from Rimmer Bros) and then you would need someone to tweak the CCF using SDD to turn the system on.
This is probably the most likely scenario, but its possible you don't need to tweak anything. Being there are no switches, the system could technically be active all the time without any issue. This would reduce plant complexity when initiating the vehicles.

Old 06-09-2020, 02:13 AM
Received 78 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Christophe
Hi guys,

My F-type I bought doesn't have cruise control. Is it possible to install it aftermarket?

Thanks,
Christophe
I was also victim of this issue, only notice after.

Did you got to solve this issue?

Thanks

Old 06-17-2020, 01:34 AM
Received 78 Likes on 40 Posts

Help!!!

Without Cruise control this car became a bit annoying on longer trips, my knee and foot got numb all the time...

I really need to find a solution for this perhaps someone can indicate a expert that might can solve this.

Arden told me they can only sell me the steering wheel but no coding the CC buttons....

Old 07-28-2020, 04:02 PM

[QUOTE-bcbruno;2248952] ˇˇˇAyuda!!!
Sin control de crucero este coche se convirtió en un poco molesto en viajes más largos, mi rodilla y el pie se adormeció todo el
tiempo...
Realmente necesito encontrar una solución para esto tal vez alguien pueda indicar un experto que pueda resolver
esto.
Arden me dijo que sólo pueden venderme el volante, pero no codificar los botones CC....
[/QUOTE]
Hola,
Alguna noticia nueva sobre su duda, tengo el mismo problema.
Gracias

Old 07-29-2020, 09:45 AM
Veteran Member
Received 531 Likes on 347 Posts

Originally Posted by Stohlen
In BMWs they don't offer rear fog lights in U.S. spec models, but you can add it just by replacing the headlight switch with a European model switch. Perhaps adding the switch would also add the feature since it isn't that complex. Many times its cheaper to just take away the switch than make 2 different wiring harnesses/software packages that increase plant complexity.
Side note: I hate rear facing fog lights. Why? Because every jackass with a Merc or Audit that has them drives around with them on ALL THE TIME.

The following users liked this post:
scm (07-29-2020)
Old 07-29-2020, 10:29 AM
scm
Veteran Member
Received 1,384 Likes on 1,051 Posts

Originally Posted by eeeeek
Side note: I hate rear facing fog lights. Why? Because every jackass with a Merc or Audit that has them drives around with them on ALL THE TIME.
In the UK they don't use them all the time, but at the first hint of mist - on they go to blind following drivers. And many of them think they're rain lights, which are really blinding. and not just limited to Merc and Audi - lots of idiots driving other makes.