Group Buy: Lithium-Ion Battery

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2018, 11:16 AM
Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts

Yes - I am interested

Old 03-16-2018, 12:22 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,649 Likes on 3,362 Posts

Antigravity got back to me with a new wrinkle. They will indeed entertain a group buy and will fabricate a base plate for the battery that will precisely fit our battery retaining brackets. Even at $70 more than the eBay retailer, that bracket would make the manufacturer deal more attractive.

Old 03-16-2018, 12:24 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Gibbo205
I am going to speak to UK seller to see if they can get RS30, they only list RS20.

If not I will want 4 of these.
Keep me posted if you are serious. Given the higher cost in the UK, it might still be less expensive to ship from the U.S.

Old 03-16-2018, 12:28 PM
Received 131 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by Unhingd
Antigravity got back to me with a new wrinkle. They will indeed entertain a group buy and will fabricate a base plate for the battery that will precisely fit our battery retaining brackets. Even at $70 more than the eBay retailer, that bracket would make the manufacturer deal more attractive.
Sounds good, I shall let you know on Monday.

But 2PC brakes and these batteries will save us around 40kg.

Old 03-16-2018, 01:23 PM
Veteran Member

So...the manufacturer route seems to be a dead end:

Scott@Antigravity
Ok I see...this is how the Porsche Battery is... below is a image of what we are doing there.... but Porsche is massive in terms of it users so we are making this tray... but if that 90Ah is used in a good few other types of cars it might be of interest in the future for making a drop in tray like we are doing for the Porsche as below... our battery fits onto that has you just bolt our battery onto that plate and it fits in the porsches using the stock mounting.

As for group deal... around 5 units I can get you 15% off.... 3 is a bit harder because to come in at our current price of $699 there isn't a lot of margin for us. We are undercutting to really get traction even though our battery is WAY more advance than anything out there and it works. We just figured we have to get closer to a price point that the average enthusiast can deal with. Our competitor Braille charges about $1400 dollar for the similar amp hours but offer NO protection or the needed circuitry for lithium batteries. Its absurd, so we feel there is a great market here. But Braille have been in the racing segment forever and are a well known brand in that channel so we have to push in that segment more.

OK...back to finding sufficient interest to get an additional discount from the eBay supplier.

Last edited by Unhingd; 03-16-2018 at 01:37 PM.
The following users liked this post:
mlebofsky (03-16-2018)
Old 03-16-2018, 01:46 PM
Veteran Member
Default Group Buy List

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Antigravity...haqsvN&vxp=mtr

I have enquired whether they will ship the batteries ordered to different destinations. In any event it seems they will offer a discount for ordering 2 or more, probably a deeper discount the larger the number.

So far we have:
1. Unhingd
2. mlebofsky

Old 03-16-2018, 07:57 PM
Veteran Member
Default Response from eBay Supplier

Joe@BilletproofDesign
Unfortunately the batteries can not be discounted any more than they already are as they are at the lowest MAP price. ($630)

We can ship them to multiple locations if there are 5 separate orders from those locations because of the hold on ebay. We can combat that if you go
through our site. We currently do not have a battery tray for the RS-30 but we can make one in house if you contact us directly.

I will be taking my car up to their facility in the next couple weeks for them to take the measurements necessary to build a tray that fits the exact footprint of the OEM battery. The fabricated tray would be bolted to the RS-30 which has threaded holes. I will get a rough cost for this tray. Please let me know if you want one of these as well.

Old 03-16-2018, 08:10 PM
Received 239 Likes on 173 Posts

I'm interested, and perhaps we could "gasp" team up with the porsche forum guys and get a bigger group buy.

Old 03-16-2018, 08:23 PM
Received 239 Likes on 173 Posts

Put me in for the tray too!

Old 03-16-2018, 08:37 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Chawumba
I'm interested, and perhaps we could "gasp" team up with the porsche forum guys and get a bigger group buy.
I think at $630 he's cutting his margins close. Retail on these batteries is $699. Based on conversations with the manufacturer, I suspect the distributor price isn't below $595. The manufacturer is cutting their own margins short to push these batteries into the mainstream automotive market (to get some economies of scale). The price on these is half what we've seen with their competition.

So far we have:
1. Unhingd (plus tray)
2. mlebofsky
3. Chawumba (plus tray)

Last edited by Unhingd; 03-16-2018 at 08:47 PM.
Old 03-16-2018, 09:19 PM

mlebofsky (plus tray)

Old 03-16-2018, 09:26 PM

Does this custom tray fit into or replace our existing black metal tray?

Old 03-16-2018, 09:50 PM
Received 123 Likes on 79 Posts

I think at $630 he's cutting his margins close. Retail on these batteries is $699. Based on conversations with the manufacturer, I suspect the distributor price isn't below $595. The manufacturer is cutting their own margins short to push these batteries into the mainstream automotive market (to get some economies of scale). The price on these is half what we've seen with their competition.

So far we have:
1. Unhingd (plus tray)
2. mlebofsky
3. Chawumba (plus tray)
Lance, I'm in as well for the battery and tray.

Old 03-17-2018, 04:36 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by mlebofsky
Does this custom tray fit into or replace our existing black metal tray?
I suspect that it will slide into the existing tray, but we will look at it to determine the cleanest installation: no cutting/drilling to the existing carrosserie, firmer tie-down on the battery. As you know, the OEM battery can shift fore and aft by a quarter inch.

So far we have:
1. Unhingd (plus tray)
2. mlebofsky (plus tray)
3. Chawumba (plus tray)
4. mrbill (plus tray)

Old 03-19-2018, 10:26 AM
Veteran Member

I am now scheduled to take the car up to Collegeville, PA on Friday for Damian, Billet Proof's owner, to take precise measurements for the battery base/tie-down. They are the cheapest source I have found for the battery (including the manufacturer). When it comes time, you can either order the battery direct or through eBay. The mounting plate, however, will need to be a group buy placed directly with Billet Proof.

Old 03-19-2018, 10:49 AM

I am now scheduled to take the car up to Collegeville, PA on Friday for Damian, Billet Proof's owner, to take precise measurements for the battery base/tie-down. They are the cheapest source I have found for the battery (including the manufacturer). When it comes time, you can either order the battery direct or through eBay. The mounting plate, however, will need to be a group buy placed directly with Billet Proof.

Nice one, can you re-confirm the price including tray, I must of missed it.
Also when you speak with him ask him what shipping would be to the UK please, hopefully not too much with them not being that heavy and quite small in size.

Old 03-19-2018, 01:14 PM
Veteran Member

Nice one, can you re-confirm the price including tray, I must of missed it.
Also when you speak with him ask him what shipping would be to the UK please, hopefully not too much with them not being that heavy and quite small in size.
Price of the battery is 630 USD shipped free to anywhere in the U.S. You should contact Joe or Damian @ Billet Proof directly for a shipping quote. Let them know you are potentially the 5th person to buy it for an F-Type.

Price for the tray won't be determined until after Damian determines what is needed when I bring the car up to them on Friday,

Old 03-20-2018, 06:10 AM

Price of the battery is 630 USD shipped free to anywhere in the U.S. You should contact Joe or Damian @ Billet Proof directly for a shipping quote. Let them know you are potentially the 5th person to buy it for an F-Type.

Price for the tray won't be determined until after Damian determines what is needed when I bring the car up to them on Friday,
I've managed to source an RS30 in the UK direct from their official distributor. I also got myself an ATX30 as well for my M3 race car.

RS30: 4.56kg, the advisor said in an F-Type this battery will be absolutely fine on a daily/weekly driven car. All he said is to avoid using it in temperatures exceeding -10c and advice when temperatures are around freezing to let the car idle 20-30s before driving and also 20-30s before shutting off.

ATX30: 2.50kg, can be supplied with regular terminals and is cheaper, this is much smaller, main feature differences are its 30aH like the RS30 but is equivalent to a regular 30aH battery, whereas the RS30 is equivalent to a regular 50aH battery. This one also does not support stop/start technology. He did say this battery would also run the F-type with stop/start disabled so it could be another option for some of you guys as it is also cheaper.

The RS30 is the smarter choice, it has higher crank amps, better aH capacity, supports stop / start as such is better for our cars, but those who really want to save the most weight the ATX30 could be a solution.

I expect delivery next week, I shall let you know how I get on with them.

P.S. Please put me down for a battery try at $70 plus shipping to UK if at all possible?

P.S.1 with the 2PC brakes and this battery fingers crossed I will be saving around 50kg which is the weight of most super models.

Old 03-20-2018, 01:24 PM
Veteran Member

:
The RS30 is the smarter choice, it has higher crank amps, better aH capacity, supports stop / start as such is better for our cars, but those who really want to save the most weight the ATX30 could be a solution
Also, the RS-30 has the Re-Start feature allowing an emergency restart in the event the battery is accidentally drained.
:
P.S.1 with the 2PC brakes and this battery fingers crossed I will be saving around 50kg which is the weight of most super models.
That means you really won’t be saving any weight.

Last edited by Unhingd; 03-20-2018 at 01:30 PM.
Old 03-20-2018, 02:38 PM

Also, the RS-30 has the Re-Start feature allowing an emergency restart in the event the battery is accidentally drained.
That means you really won’t be saving any weight.
Haha!

ATX30 also has restart feature too.

Quick Reply: Group Buy: Lithium-Ion Battery