I-Pace EV 2018 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jaguar just killed themselves

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2017, 08:41 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Any real jaguar enthusiasts knows that the motto is pace grace and space. I pace sure it the name but my xj8 can beat , grace ha have you seen the thing, space ok I'll give that one
Xj8 grace yes, pace yes, space also yes

Old 12-21-2017, 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by enderle
The XK8 which lead to the XKR was a Ford design (good looking with the exception of the oversized trunk). V8s are a relatively recent addition to the line, Jaguar was mostly a V6 company until the V12s came out in the 1970s and V8s in the 1990s (Triumph (Stag) and Sunbeam (Tiger) did V8s earlier but not Jaguar).

Ford bought Jaguar in 1990 the XK8 came out initially in 1996 making it a Ford car and that V8 was shared with one of the Lincolns. You may want to look things up next time, the web is your friend:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jaguar_Cars

XK8/XKR ENTHUSIASTS CLUB (XKEC) - XK History

On destroying an e-Type that is a statement without evidence. Jaguar can certainly build from spare parts (they are Jaguar after all) and there are plenty of e-Type flood cars out there that would be good mules but more expensive to restore than building the car fresh from aftermarket parts.

Jaguar Electric E-Type Zero is the Most Beautiful EV Ever Made | Automobile Magazine

Now, were it me, I'd use the XK-180 prototype to build an electric around only because the design is more forward looking and still beautiful.

XK180.com - Home

On electrics and water, you do know that submarines are electric right (they have different forms of generation but the common way to drive them was electricity) and even gas cars have a rather impressive amount of electrical components, something that was actually pretty nasty in those early Lucas electric cars.
Quote for stu 1986
Don't trust anything that doesn't have an engine

Old 12-24-2017, 06:13 AM
Veteran Member
Received 306 Likes on 224 Posts

Originally Posted by jackra_1
Petrol is still taxed here and the rate is state and even county dependent and can be over 50 cents a gallon.
With respect, the tax here is USD 2.95/USgall ... that's TAX !

Edit: Whoops, I forgot the dreaded VAT (20% on the retail cost) so fuel duty and VAT combined is USD 3.97 per USgall in a total cost of USD 6.10 per USgall.

Last edited by Partick the Cat; 12-24-2017 at 09:19 AM.
Old 12-25-2017, 10:29 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,755 Likes on 1,326 Posts

Originally Posted by Partick the Cat
With respect, the tax here is USD 2.95/USgall ... that's TAX !

Edit: Whoops, I forgot the dreaded VAT (20% on the retail cost) so fuel duty and VAT combined is USD 3.97 per USgall in a total cost of USD 6.10 per USgall.
Wow. I did not realize it was so much!

Old 12-25-2017, 04:20 PM
Received 193 Likes on 169 Posts

In Auckland we are having a 10c/litre transport tax added to our fuel costs in the near future which is then going to be taxed again by 15% GST (goods and service tax) a tax on a tax how unusual
Jaguar just killed themselves-c6b04b28-aa00-4773-bb15-3d95d8991708.png

Last edited by Robman25; 12-25-2017 at 04:26 PM.
Old 12-27-2017, 07:08 PM

If the government just mind there own business we might actuly have cool cars again

Old 01-27-2018, 01:17 PM
Received 679 Likes on 489 Posts

Huh? Makes absolutely no sense, random words linked together for the most part... On the BMW electric SUV, it isn't due until 2021 and I think it actually looks rather good: https://mashable.com/2018/01/18/bmw-.../#4eEjEeyrLkqu But if you don't like it, don't buy it.

Old 01-27-2018, 04:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The I pace and tesla clone are why jaguar died

Old 03-15-2018, 05:02 PM
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Default New to Jaguar

Greetings,
I am new to Jaguar and can honestly say I wouldn't have given it a second thought if not for the I-Pace. I was dead set on the Model X, for an SUV. Because of the I-Pace, I see Jaguar as a true contender for my electric SUV dollar. I can assure you I am not the only one. So, I am not sure what is meant by "Jaguar just killed themselves", but I am bettimg they just got a whole bunch of customers.

The following 4 users liked this post by Hdgmedic:
Blastphemy (04-20-2018), enderle (03-16-2018), IB Nolan (03-15-2018), NBCat (03-15-2018)
Old 03-18-2018, 08:00 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,435 Likes on 1,941 Posts

Originally Posted by Hdgmedic
Greetings,
I am new to Jaguar and can honestly say I wouldn't have given it a second thought if not for the I-Pace. I was dead set on the Model X, for an SUV. Because of the I-Pace, I see Jaguar as a true contender for my electric SUV dollar. I can assure you I am not the only one. So, I am not sure what is meant by "Jaguar just killed themselves", but I am bettimg they just got a whole bunch of customers.
Quite right, but EVs are still a tiny percentage of the market. When I look at Tesla and its current massive losses I do wonder about the sustainability of the company; you can't keep on making gigantic losses for ever. And then Elon Musk gets up to say we're all off to Mars ! Is this guy going doolally or something ?

BTW the I-Pace is to be assembled by Magna in Austria as well as the E-Pace.

Old 03-18-2018, 01:04 PM

Europe and China have pretty much mandated an electric future and the US car companies are pivoting as well. Agree on Tesla, but Musk operates on the ragged edge for all his companies, one big failure and they could collapse like a house of cards. Branson is much the same way. So far no collapse but I'm happy to watch both from a distance. The Tesla X and new E roll outs were both ugly, too much complexity on the X and huge teething problems getting the E up to volume. But once Jaguar, Audi, Mercedes and the Japanese car makers finally roll out their cars we should see a broader shift to building infrastructure and mainstreaming the car. As a side note my wife hasn't been this excited about getting a new car since we bought the F-Type. Go figure...

Old 03-18-2018, 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by Fraser Mitchell
Quite right, but EVs are still a tiny percentage of the market. When I look at Tesla and its current massive losses I do wonder about the sustainability of the company; you can't keep on making gigantic losses for ever. And then Elon Musk gets up to say we're all off to Mars ! Is this guy going doolally or something ?

BTW the I-Pace is to be assembled by Magna in Austria as well as the E-Pace.
its that the same place the first gen aston Martin rapide was built, that car didnt do well and I hope this car wont either so jaguar dosnt attempt a full electric jaguar xj

Old 03-18-2018, 09:51 PM
Default Sorry I dont type well

Originally Posted by enderle
Huh? Makes absolutely no sense, random words linked together for the most part... On the BMW electric SUV, it isn't due until 2021 and I think it actually looks rather good: https://mashable.com/2018/01/18/bmw-.../#4eEjEeyrLkqu But if you don't like it, don't buy it.
the little SUV We can all agree this needs to be burned correct
thing

Old 03-18-2018, 09:53 PM
Default Welcome

[QUOTE=Hdgmedic;1859510]Greetings,
its mostly the old jaguar costumers vs the hipsters and the generation who think eating tide pods was a good idea

Old 03-19-2018, 06:56 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,435 Likes on 1,941 Posts

Originally Posted by Jaguarstyper
its that the same place the first gen aston Martin rapide was built, that car didnt do well and I hope this car wont either so jaguar dosnt attempt a full electric jaguar xj
Magna also assemble BMW 5-series and the Merc SUVs. It is a very bid operation based on the old Steyr-Daimler-Puch factory, but Magna are US based.

Old 03-19-2018, 03:09 PM
Default Not an SUV

the little SUV We can all agree this needs to be burned correct
thing
That isn't an SUV, that's a urban car configuration. They've sold an impressive number of them for what I agree isn't a very attractive car. These are designed for areas where parking is a premium and range isn't an issue. The Mercedes City and Fiat 900 are in the same class. For me the Mini, also by BMW, is a much nicer looking small car. The iPace isn't in this class either, interestingly it has the size inside of an F-Pace but the size outside of a E-Pace. Very pretty in person.

When I checked a few months back they had over 30K preorders which is pretty impressive for Jaguar but still not in Tesla territory.

Old 04-20-2018, 12:11 AM
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Jaguar just shot itself in the foot. I hope people realise where electricity comes from because it's not from Santa Claus, and the electric e-Type and bug type just show that Ian Callam and Tata Motors have produced the worst thing Jaguar has done since the XJ40. If you care about Jaguar, don't buy any new Jaguar except the F-Type which is the only Jaguar left. Instead, buy a pre-2008 Jaguar like the XJ8, XK8, XK, and E-Type (as long as you don't kill it), or any other old Jaguar.
Yeah, that's why the first two years of production are already almost sold out with over 25,000 orders placed (as of September 2017, so it's probably completely sold out at this point). Not to mention the deal with Waymo for 20,000 units over the next few years. Doesn't sound like Jaguar shot itself in the foot at all. As for electricity, I've been charging my electric cars off of solar for over six years, so it pretty much is a Christmas gift every day. BTW, I fixed all your typos so your post would be more legible.

Originally Posted by pokejag 04 garage
The I pace and tesla clone are why jaguar died
Huh? What Tesla clone? Are you inferring that the I-Pace is a Tesla clone? That's would be wonderful for Jaguar if potential customers thought of the I-Pace that way!

Originally Posted by Hdgmedic
Greetings,
Sometimes the "old guard" doesn't realize when its time has passed. The I-Pace is the future, and people like me who would have never even looked at "Grandpa's Jaguar" even as recently as three years ago have already put down deposits on a car we haven't even sat in or driven. This car will revitalize the Jaguar brand and may actually hurt Tesla a bit (since the build quality will most likely be significantly better than Tesla's track record, and the brand has more established customers). This is now the "big new thing," and people with cash are going to want to own this before anyone else, just like when the Tesla Model X was released and Tesla couldn't make enough of them.

Old 04-20-2018, 04:41 AM
Received 181 Likes on 117 Posts

I am not sure what is meant by "Jaguar just killed themselves"
I can help with that. It means "Jaguar just released a car that the original poster doesn't like".

The following users liked this post:
Blastphemy (04-20-2018)
Old 04-20-2018, 01:57 PM

I think he was just trolling us.

Old 05-08-2018, 08:49 AM
Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

Guys, most know who I am on this forum.....
I own and have owned MANY Jaguars and still have my prize collection.
This is a turning point in Automotive history like when the horse was turned in for the combustion engine.
That was only 100 years ago .....
Does anyone here drive their Model TT TO WORK?
there SWALLOW TO WORK?
There XK120 to work......No.Its here its the future and in 6 years you will look like a dinosaur in a gasoline car.
Yes I will have a couple, just like there are still people out there with a polo pony.
I will die with gas but my grandchildren will look at it like WHALE BLUBBER of only 100 years ago.
I want the I pace and will get one when my Land Rover lr4 lease is up.
WELCOME TO THE 21ST CENTURY, The combustion engine and the 20 th century are history!
Anyone change their picture tube intheir Dumont television set today?
GTJOEY EMBRACING CHANGE.

The following users liked this post:
Blastphemy (05-08-2018)

Quick Reply: Jaguar just killed themselves