Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   Jaguar Forums Feedback & Suggestion Center (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/jaguar-forums-feedback-suggestion-center-18/)
-   -   How To Edit Your Signature (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/jaguar-forums-feedback-suggestion-center-18/how-edit-your-signature-60815/)

Cadillac 09-16-2011 04:34 AM

How To Edit Your Signature

2 Attachment(s)
If you like to change , edit your signature or have difficulties doing that ,this is a proper thread for you .

So, all you have to do is to follow these steps

1- Click on UserCP at the utmost left top of the page
2- You will see your options and see the image1 and click on Edit Signature button
3- In this new window, you can either upload a signature from your own computer or use other sites
For ex : I do use [ IMG] http:// [ /IMG] (no space between these tags )

After inserting these codes, click on Save signature
That's it

Stuart S 09-16-2011 06:47 PM

Puzzled...

Thanks, RegentV12. I already did that and uploaded a file from my PC (Option 2). Although that picture shows up in the "Your Current Profile Picture" box, somehow it doesn't show up under my signature in my post! I'm puzzled.:icon_shrug: I tried to insert the codes as you suggested, but wasn't able to do so. I guess I'll have to try using Option 1 and upload my photos to a website and then try again.

... So, I uploaded the picture I want to use under my signature from my PC to my Picasa Web Album. I opened my USER CP, clicked on Edit Profile Picture, opened the picture on my Picasa Web Album, copied the URL from that picture as a thumbnail and pasted it into Option 1. I added the tags before and after that URL and clicked on Save Changes. I got an error message: Invalid File. I did the same thing without the tags and got the same error message. All I could think of is maybe the file size was too big, so I shrunk it to 488 x 156 pixels (21111 bytes) (pretty small thumbnail) and tried again and got the same error message - Invalid File - both times, with and without the tags. Still puzzled:icon_shrug: and no ideas left. Your thoughts?

Translator 09-17-2011 02:23 AM

Hey Stuart,

If your link is good, check the format and size.

Regent's pic is 150 x 88 pixels and JPEG.

I always seem to have a problem with BMP.

If you send us the link to your pic in your Web album, We'll see what we can do with editing your sig from our Mod panels.

PM me or RegentV12.

Cadillac 09-17-2011 04:33 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Hey Stuart,
I am not familiar with Picasa but I think there is a mess up with the link codes . So, I got a image for you to take a look at and see correct coding method . I believe you should right click on the image that you wanna upload (not the whole link ) and see properties. Now, all you have to do is to copy and paste the link of the image between IMG tags

If you are still having difficulties you can also e-mail us or shot us a pm on your signature link , let's try to rectify it
Below is about two more extra images that I tell you about :)

I have got 2 more images that can illustrate you for better understanding

Stuart S 09-18-2011 10:10 PM

Thanks, Translator and RegentV12.
I figured it out and now my photo appears under my signature. "Size matters!" :icon_doh:

Cadillac 09-19-2011 03:44 AM

Hey, I am happy we did help you out , your signature is cool but I dare say a topless image would be hottter

Stuart S 09-19-2011 03:23 PM

My avatar is topless, but as you requested I'll swap it with the top up image.

Stuart S 09-19-2011 10:40 PM

So, now that I have this picture thing all figured out, I decided to change the images in my avatar and signature. Thumbs up/down:icon_question:

Cadillac 09-20-2011 04:24 AM

Thumbs up ,exactly better than I expected :) It was a good idea to add a cockpit picture of your ride as well . I am sure XK buddies will also like this :)

Translator 09-20-2011 11:31 AM

Thumbs up, with all this talk of topless I was worried that we were going to get some sort of Grizzly Adams in shorts. ;)

Anointme123 03-03-2012 06:40 PM

Thanks It worked!

fisherman 06-14-2012 03:40 PM

control panel

hello ,can you do this using the mobile version

Cadillac 06-15-2012 04:05 AM

I haven't tried it using mobile but you should be able to do it as well

Patrissa 07-13-2012 10:44 AM

I can't seem to get to the page that has the CP control panel so I can set my signiture up.

Norri 07-13-2012 10:53 AM

Patrick, just look at the top of any page, a couple of inches down you will see a black bar going all the way across the page with various options, at the extreme left you will see "User CP" click on that and then follow the directions above.

avt007 08-18-2012 12:55 PM

I have put a link to the Canadian section in my signature, but can't figure out how to change the text on the link. Help!

GGG 08-18-2012 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by avt007 (Post 565679)
I have put a link to the Canadian section in my signature, but can't figure out how to change the text on the link. Help!

Rob,

It's showing as:

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/ca...th-america-41/

98 XJ8 Topaz Metallic
01 BMW X5
76 911

What change do you want to make?

Graham

Norri 08-18-2012 01:16 PM

If you want to have something like this way to the Canada, Mexico & South America section.

Type what you want, copy the link you want to the clipboard, highlight the text you want to link then click the little globe with the paperclip and paste the url in the popup and you're done.

avt007 08-18-2012 01:18 PM

I'd like it to say "Canadian Forum" or something like that. Or "link to Canadian Forum"?

I do this all the time at work when inserting a hyperlink, but don't see how it's done here.

Thanks

GGG 08-18-2012 01:21 PM

This is going to end up with three of us amending it at the same time!

I'll step back and reduce it to two.

Graham