Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   Jaguar Forums Feedback & Suggestion Center (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/jaguar-forums-feedback-suggestion-center-18/)
-   -   I Lost "Edit" From My Posts (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/jaguar-forums-feedback-suggestion-center-18/i-lost-edit-my-posts-123944/)

LnrB 08-11-2014 02:56 PM

I Lost "Edit" From My Posts

Yesterday I noticed I no longer had the option to EDIT any of my posts.

Selection on the bottom right include; QUOTE, Mulit-Quote, and Quick Reply. Has something changed on the server so I can't edit my posts anymore?
(';')

Norri 08-11-2014 03:58 PM

Somebody else was complaining of the same thing Elinor, I'll see if we can get an answer from the tech gurus at IB.

joycesjag 08-11-2014 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by Norri (Post 1034173)
Somebody else was complaining of the same thing Elinor, I'll see if we can get an answer from the tech gurus at IB.

Thanks Norri

Actually I signed in on my laptop just now and I have my edit button back. Also Norri as I mentioned to you, I have my signature back as well. Must have something to do with my phone.

LnrB, are you posting thru your smart phone?

Cambo 08-11-2014 04:28 PM

If you post from your phone using the Mobile One style, then it won't include your signature. Not sure why but this seems to happen with all VBulletin forums and the Lightweight/Mobile style.

But the edit button is still there.

LnrB 08-11-2014 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by joycesjag (Post 1034177)
[...]

LnrB, are you posting thru your smart phone?

No, Joyce, from my desktop through DSL.
(';')

LnrB 08-11-2014 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by Norri (Post 1034173)

Thank you, Norri,
The "EDIT" button is missing from my original post above, but it's still there in my answer to Joyce. It's almost like it a time thing. Like when the Server refreshes the button is gone.
(';')

JimC64 08-11-2014 07:23 PM

Hi Elinor.......from the time you make a post and hit submit, there is a time delay in which you can still "edit" posts, this is around 30 mins I believe to allow for any corrections.

After that time you no longer have that function available and must ask a mod to make any changes for you if required.

Without going into too much detail, please believe me when I say there is good reason for this.

Thanks

Jim

LnrB 08-11-2014 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by JimC64 (Post 1034278)
Hi Elinor.......from the time you make a post and hit submit, there is a time delay in which you can still "edit" posts, this is around 30 mins I believe to allow for any corrections.

After that time you no longer have that function available and must ask a mod to make any changes for you if required.

Without going into too much detail, please believe me when I say there is good reason for this.

Thanks

Jim

OK, that explains it. Thank you, Jim.
I thought it must be a new thing, because I only noticed it today when I wanted to add some info to a post and couldn't.

So that means then, if I see someone's post in the last couple days that says it was edited, they either had to ask a Mod for permission or they did it within 30 minutes. It's all clear to me now.

I'll have to be careful now to get it right the first time, won't I.
(';')

GGG 08-12-2014 02:16 AM

Originally Posted by LnrB (Post 1034324)
......... I'll have to be careful now to get it right the first time, won't I. (';')

Clue needed - it'll take ages to search through all your posts to find one with the mistake!

Graham :icon_lol:

Cadillac 08-12-2014 02:19 PM

I never use mobile theme for the sites , web is the better because it restricts some features and your inputs verifies this as well
Why light/mobile theme does that ? I dunno but my assumption is full web sites take too many spaces and your mobile phones are barely above 5-6 inches otherwise these should have been called something else lol
They just put useful info and signature is not as important as other stuffs

LnrB 08-12-2014 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by GGG (Post 1034448)
Clue needed - it'll take ages to search through all your posts to find one with the mistake!

Graham :icon_lol:

Thank you, Graham,
Clue follows:

Section: Xj6&12 Series I.II.III;
Thread by sunchip: I know, I know its been done before; also transmission question;
Date: Aug. 10, 8:48pm Pacific Time;

[quote from LnrB]I don't know how hard a Chevy trans is to rebuild as I've never done one, only a Chrysler 707. [/quote]

It wasn't a Chrysler 707, there is no such transmission. It was a 727.
(';')

Norri 08-12-2014 02:43 PM

Mistake? What mistake? :icon_wink:

LnrB 08-12-2014 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by Norri (Post 1034815)
Mistake? What mistake? :icon_wink:

<smile> Thank you, Norri,
See reply to Graham above. It's only one number of 3, but still.......
(';')