Marketplace Introducing our new Marketplace! Browse new listings, post your items for sale, or list a wanted ad.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'95 XJ6 Sovereign 4.0

For Sale

1995 Jaguar XJ6

05-19-2024, 01:02 PM | Replies: 0 | Views: 233
  • 1995 Jaguar XJ6 - '95 XJ6 Sovereign 4.0 - Used - Bury St Edmunds, United Kingdom
  • 1995 Jaguar XJ6 - '95 XJ6 Sovereign 4.0 - Used - Bury St Edmunds, United Kingdom

• Price
    $2,500
  • Location Bury St Edmunds, IP29, United Kingdom
  • Condition Used
  • VIN SAJJHALD3BJ724959
  • Trim Vanden Plas
  • Mileage 79,000
  • Engine 6 cyl
  • Drive Type 2WD
  • Transmission Automatic
  • Vehicle Type Sedan
  • Exterior Color Other
Description:

This 1995 Jaguar X300 XJ6 Sovereign comes with the 4.0 AJ16 six cylinder engine. It is smooth, comfortable, and powerful. The car drives very well and is a very relaxing car to be in on longer drives. With only 79,000 miles, the bigger engine, and the plush Sovereign spec, this is as traditional a Jaguar as you could ask for. 

The engine has had new spark plugs, an oil and filter change, and the injectors cleaned. It has had a new exhaust downpipe, and a new ECU to resolve an intermittent misfire issue. It is in daily use, covering 30 miles of mixed driving with ease. 

The car's climate control system and fully adjustable electric seats elevate the driving experience, with a simple and reliable cruise control system for long cruises. At some point in the car's life, parking sensors have been added at the rear as a further relaxing aid. The interior is in good condition, with full leather, plenty of wood, and plush carpets. The only downside here is the sagging headliner, something all Jags of this age seem to suffer from at some point or another. Luckily, the headlining can be removed and retrimmed quite easily, I just haven't gotten around to the cosmetic improvements the car needs. 

The exterior of the car somewhat lets down the rest, unfortunately. Firstly, the bonnet is suffering from some paint peel. As this is located on a single panel, this could be removed and resprayed separate from the rest of the car. Secondly, there are a few small dents and scratches from the car's 29 years, none of which would be too hard to put right. 

I purchased this car as a project for the winter when it was suffering from a starting, idle, and misfire issue due to water ingress in the ECU. The cause of the leak has been found (leaves in a drain), and fixed with a new ECU to replace the sodden one. Since then, the car has started every time and runs exceptionally smoothly. Now, the car is back in good working order, and I am glad to have experienced it. I am only selling this exceptionally luxurious car as I would like a change. Open to offers and any questions you may have.