Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/s-type-s-type-r-supercharged-v8-x200-15/)
-   -   MY LAST RESORT HELP ME GET MY HEADLIGHTS COVERED BY SELECT EDITION (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/s-type-s-type-r-supercharged-v8-x200-15/my-last-resort-help-me-get-my-headlights-covered-select-edition-3799/)

frombenz2jag 01-10-2008 03:26 PM

MY LAST RESORT HELP ME GET MY HEADLIGHTS COVERED BY SELECT EDITION

I need the forum to help me here. I been kinda upset with the way Jaguar handles issues
regarding warranty, and these rediculous diag fees when they premote Select Edition as a
$0 Deductible program, I find this is not the case, and there are some misrepresentations. I really like my Jaguar S-Type R, but Im just so use to driving a Benz, where everything was much easier to do, and I had lots of help from Benz Forums when I had issues since there is over 140K Members on Benzworld, and Mbworld combined. On this Jag forum theirs only 2500 members. But I need Select Edition to replace my headlight assemblies under warranty. I have the HID pointing low problem like many people who have HIDS the auto-adjust feature or sensors breaks internally. Several members say that they got their dealership, and select edition to cover the headlights and replace them with new ones. Thats what I want to do, but my dealer says headlighs are not covered under warranty and select edition doesnt cover it either. The dealer insist to try to charge me diag fees, and give me crazy qoutes for fixing costing 3K to have them fully replaced. I have the Jaguar Select Edition Passport Booklet and it says the following

"Jaguar Select Edition Limited Warranty covers any factory-supplied component of the Jaguar vehicle that is defective with the exception of the following items"

On the following items it doesnt mention headlights, or headlight assemblies as an exception. However it says "Headlamp Aiming" as an exception. Thats it.

So I called the Jaguar main headquaters to get this resolved. I need other forum members to assist me so I can be covered too. Some members states their dealerships replaced them under select editon. I need the names of those dealers or some info so this can help me. I dont want to pay any diag fees, or any charges period. All I want is for my headlights to be replaced. Its clear that something internally is broken which is affecting the way the headlights operation. Please I need ya help. I really dont want to get rid of my Jag, but If I run into the dealership keeps trying to charge me diag fees or other charges I might not be a Jag owner for any longer. Please help. Thanks

bmw745ion19s 01-10-2008 06:28 PM

RE: MY LAST RESORT HELP ME GET MY HEADLIGHTS COVERED BY SELECT EDITION

Ok, here is what I know since I just had this done. If your headlights are mechanically broken IE the motors do not cycle them up and down when they turn on, that is covered. The sensors that tell it where it should aim are not covered. This part I had to pay for it was like $505 with installation and tax out the door. To me this is BS also, my dealer is good to me and tried and I called Jaguar directly. They confirmed that if its mechanical yes, its covered, sensors, no. I think everything should be covered regardless because its the factory EXTENDED warranty so Im with you on that for sure. If you have any more questions ask me Ill do my best to help you!

frombenz2jag 01-10-2008 06:58 PM

Tried to adjust them manually but they will not move one bit, the screws are moving but lights are not.The dealer says auto-adjustment broke, thats what they say they found in the diagnostic testing and projecter positioning broke too, which cause the projecter to point down and not up.In otherwords the projector is just siting in one place. They are xenons hid headlights I need both headlight assemblies replaced under select edition if you can help. Otherwise I guess my car will be for sale next week. Im giving Jaguar one more chance.

I see 2 sold for over 20K on Ebay, so I shouldnt have no problems making my money back plus some profit too.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Jagua...QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/03-S-...QQcmdZViewItem

bmw745ion19s 01-10-2008 07:25 PM

Yeah yours are mechanical too, so good luck, if not good thing you got a good deal so you wont lose much!

frombenz2jag 01-10-2008 08:00 PM

ORIGINAL: bmw745ion19s

Yeah yours are mechanical too, so good luck, if not good thing you got a good deal so you wont lose much!
I wont lose pretty much anything most likeley make a $500-$1500 Profit. Just minimal. Thats All. But seriously can someone give me some contacts of your dealerships that replaced you HIDs under select edition please ? Please help.

badmojo 01-12-2008 02:56 AM

Something that may make a difference is if these people that got their headlights fixed buy the dealer that they bought the car from because they were not working when they purchased the car. So the dealer did it to show good faith. I know from talking to the service manager at the dealer where I go that there hands are tied when It comes to Select Edition repairs. If it's not covered it's just not covered and that's that. They have no influence and they will never eat the cost themselves. Plus buying your car wholesale no dealer really has any loyalty to you. Good prices sometimes do not compare to building a good relationship with a dealer so they will work with you.
Good luck!

jagman121 02-07-2008 02:44 PM

My headlights are pointing low on my new Jaguar I just bought. It seems like this is a common problem. Took it to my dealer today and they couldnt help me. I have Select Edition 100K Warranty also. Help

FactoryJaguarTech 02-07-2008 03:22 PM

What do you they couldn't help you?

jagman121 02-07-2008 03:30 PM

Well my dealer saying Select doesnt cover headlights. But it seems others have got theres replaced by Select. They wont help me but is telling me headlights need to be replaced for $2800.:(

FactoryJaguarTech 02-07-2008 06:39 PM

Did they charge diag to tell you this?

jagman121 02-07-2008 06:45 PM

Yes I had to pay a $105 mandatory fee to diagnois the problem.

FactoryJaguarTech 02-08-2008 04:51 AM

There are no mandatory fees. Go to another dealer and tell them that you know select covers hid lighting and you want it fixed. Then once it is fixed, go back to other dealer and get your money back.

jagman121 02-08-2008 02:31 PM

Well I got hit with a fee of $105, and $120 diag charges. I went to another dealer today and they sated Select doesnt cover hid xenon headlights. If Select covers them help me out so they can cover them.

H20boy 02-08-2008 02:48 PM

Strange that jagman121 registered yesterday (2/7/08) and he's starting to play the overplayed frombenz2jag 'hit' record we all love.

jagman121 02-08-2008 03:12 PM

Well I am upset like frombenz and bigman we all have this same problem but Jaguar dealers are not covering the repairs under the select warranty. Some people has got fortunate to have there repairs done by Jaguar others like myself has had a terrible experience. How do you think I feel not being able to drive my car at night bc you can barely see anything on the road bc headlights are pointing so low to the ground. Im pissed off. The Jag dealer I bought my car from screwed me with false misrepresentations of there warranty. Now when I have a headlight problem they tell me its going to cost $2800 to fix and Select wont cover it. If this the why Jaguar operates then I wont be getting another Jag. I should have purchased the Audi I test drove last week then this Jag. The customer service has yet responded about my issue.

Dennis 02-08-2008 03:14 PM

This isreally getting old...

JohnBurns 02-08-2008 04:20 PM

ORIGINAL: Dennis

This isreally getting old...
I agree - these threads are getting too long to read -maybe we should just boycott them until they go away?

FactoryJaguarTech 02-08-2008 06:31 PM

Well. Unless you have tampered with the lamps, ie, put a different bulb in there, taken it apart etc. They are covered by select edition for the internals failing that way. Call other dealers in your area or other areas. You will get it covered. I would not go to that dealer anymore.

JimC64 02-08-2008 07:01 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Attachment 193325Attachment 193326Attachment 193327

[sm=closed.gif].........don't all cheer at once!

Jim