XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

A new stance for my Jag XK60 edition.

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2018, 02:02 PM
Received 270 Likes on 93 Posts

Im not going to sugar coat it.. the wheels are MUCH heavier. And I also have 1" adapters that will be taking much of the load as well. The suspension I think will be fine, I replaced all and every piece/joints so they will last a little while, hoping at least 3-5 years as it was about $2000 for all the parts front and rear. With the airbag setup the the stress on the suspension from the car being slammed or raised all the way will only be at its worst when showing it off or going over large bumps, for the most part it will sit factory height. There will still be some stress on all the parts but we have some tough suspension pieces under there.

Originally Posted by jahummer
I actually really like that wrap. Will be interesting to see the final results. Also curious what sort of stress those wheels are going to put on the car seeing how far beyond the car they stick out. How much do they weigh compared to the stock ones?

Old 03-12-2018, 09:04 PM
Veteran Member
Received 969 Likes on 654 Posts

Your wheel bearings are going to hate you but should survive. Instead of a radial load with the excessive offset you've introduced an angular load which is hard on ball bearings. I'm not sure on the Jags but Ford used angular contact ones that relied on the axle torque to maintain the ball preload. I would replace them before moving further and make sure they are torqued correctly.

Old 03-13-2018, 12:58 PM

Not only did I replace my wheel bearings but I bought an extra set! lol. I have a friend who has some negative camber and deep wheels and he said the wheel bearings are really the one thing that goes bad within a year or two, so Im prepared. Plus they are super easy to replace and don't cost to much. Rockauto is the site I get my suspension parts from, so far I have been very happy with everything from them.

Originally Posted by Ranchero50
Your wheel bearings are going to hate you but should survive. Instead of a radial load with the excessive offset you've introduced an angular load which is hard on ball bearings. I'm not sure on the Jags but Ford used angular contact ones that relied on the axle torque to maintain the ball preload. I would replace them before moving further and make sure they are torqued correctly.

Old 03-13-2018, 01:27 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,201 Likes on 932 Posts

Originally Posted by Ridicrick
Rockauto is the site I get my suspension parts from, so far I have been very happy with everything from them.
I bought parts for previous Jag's with good results. They were OEM parts as well.

Old 03-14-2018, 09:12 PM

Big week this week will be! Everything will be delivered and I got the week off to get most of it done! The car wrap is printed and I pick up Friday. The 4 air bag struts mounts are finished and I pick those up Friday as well.

The brakes and rotors came in. I didnt get anything too fancy, was like $400 for the kit front and back with carbon ceramic brakes.

All of my stereo equipment came in and even the fiber optic cables from China came in today. I paid $50 expedited shipping and WOW that was fast!

I installed the new sickspeed horns (they are 8x louder than most stock horns). This was an unnecessary buy but I figured why not, you can see them through the grill, might as well get pretty ones.

I also installed a aftermarket universal air intake which peeks through on the bottom grill.

And then theres the wing. An authentic carbon fiber swan neck wing made for a Nissan GTR. I got this a little cheaper due to imperfections on it, not a big deal, most are not noticeable. This beast is huge!! 68" Wide!! Now I knew the legs and leg mounts would not work so I immediately started drawing up the new ones that will work and my buddy is CNCing me new ones from aluminum with a jaguar logo cutout of them. They will be at the correct angle and base size as seen in the picture with the cardboard cutout. Then he will be powder coating them for me.

So now what is all getting done this weekend?
1. Wrapping the car on Saturday.
2. Installing the entire stereo setup, including relocating the original stereo deck.
3. Installing new air struts for hood, mine are not working.
4. Installing new wrapped and painted interior pieces.
5. Installing newly painted headlights with the dark smoke headlight vinyl from VVivid
6. Installing the air ride supspension. (I will most likely not finish this until next week)
7. Lots of stuff im forgetting..

In a few weeks when my fender flares arrive......
8. Install fender flares, wrap fender flares. (cut out fender first of course)
9. Install custom made front and side diffusers/splitters.
10. Install new wheels with the adapters. (I am possibly having my hub and rotors redrilled to allow me to not use the adapters.

Ok thats all ..... for now.. lol

The following users liked this post:
peterv8 (03-14-2018)
Old 03-14-2018, 11:02 PM
Received 376 Likes on 249 Posts

Keep going, I love reading this thread!:-)

Old 03-15-2018, 12:00 AM

For anyone wondering, this is what it probably looks like under your spoiler. Mine had weird tree leaves crap from Florida, where the car came from. It will all clean up fine, but dang what a mess.

Now I know why my GPS never worked.... Oh well I wont need the original GPS anymore now that my new unit has it.

Old 03-15-2018, 03:12 PM
Veteran Member

Surprised you aren't going to leave the stock spoiler in place like the XKRS-GT's did.

Old 03-15-2018, 04:16 PM

Oh Im keeping the stock spoiler on. I just had to remove it for the wrap this weekend.

Surprised you aren't going to leave the stock spoiler in place like the XKRS-GT's did.

Old 03-15-2018, 04:19 PM

Ok, I relocated the stereo and so far so good, everything works. I had to relocate the YAW Sensor about 5 inches forward up under the dash controls. This shouldnt be an issue as its screwed down well and straight.

YAW sensors new location.

The screen is at an angle, Ill get video of it later tonight or tomorrow, but its dam near perfect as you can see the entire screen and touch the entire screen. I will be 3d printing a nice bezel for it next week so it doesn't look so awkward there.

I started to get the interior put together a little bit, or at least seeing how it looks. Tonight I will install the new stereo setup.

Old 03-15-2018, 05:05 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,947 Likes on 1,309 Posts

Oh man! You're gonna go blind with that interior!

The following users liked this post:
MarkyUK (11-27-2018)
Old 03-15-2018, 05:28 PM

I made sure not to make the same mistake of having white stuff near the window, the reflection sucked last time I did that. Ill be fine now. And my windshield is getting tinted 35% as the rest of my car is also very dark. Our laws in Iowa are changing here on July 1st. We can have 35% on the front windshield and front sides! Woot! Ive been waiting over 20 years for this to happen..

Originally Posted by kj07xk
Oh man! You're gonna go blind with that interior!

Old 03-16-2018, 10:44 AM
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

this is great. Following!

Old 03-17-2018, 12:11 AM

Been a busy Friday and I got good news and bad news. First the good news. Everything works as far as the new stereo, the relocation of the original stereo works great. Everything was perfect. And now here comes the bad news. I went inside for the night and I decided now is the time I put the new case on my beat up keyfob. I transferred the guts of the old keyfob into the new one.

Here is where the trouble started. I went back outside and now my remote doesnt work. Buttons on it do nothing. By the way I replaced the old battery with a brand new batter in the remote as well. So... I can insert the keyfob into its little home in the car and now I can start the car and turn things on. Here is where the major problem starts. When I turn the car off the stereo system and pretty much everything that runs when you just hit the start button quickly is stuck on. I have to disconnect the battery to turn it all off.

This is a brand new battery, the voltages check out ok. Now all of a sudden when I put the positive terminal back to the battery everything turns on, cd player going nuts, navigation player going nuts, I can hear things on inside the dash almost like a little fan or something. IDK.... Im stumped... No remote and a car that doesnt want to shut the electronics down.. lol..

Anyways here a cool pic of everything working which it still works fine, just doesnt shut off.

Old 03-17-2018, 06:01 AM
Veteran Member

Now all of a sudden when I put the positive terminal back to the battery everything turns on, cd player going nuts, navigation player going nuts, I can hear things on inside the dash almost like a little fan or something.
That's a normal power up sequence. The CD and NAV players will check what CD's are in place and the fan will run if the doors are open.

Per your remote, make sure the battery is in the right way and tweak the terminals a little so they make better contact. Might also want to check the volts on the new remote battery. If all else fails, go back to the old setup.

Old 03-17-2018, 09:10 AM

I know the setup has nothing to do with my new stereo install as Ive had a similar problem last year. When I arrived to work, turned the car off and go out the Jaguar logo on the screen was stuck on. I tried several times to get it to shut off but it was stuck on until I disconnected the battery. After work that day I walked to my car only to notice my headlights were turning on and off and everything in the car turning on and off over and over. I immediately disconnected the battery and had a friend bring me to get a new battery. It solved all the issues. Im thinking my new battery is bad as It has completely died on me two months ago in the cold. I tried to bring it back but they wouldnt accept the battery because it "came back to life" they said. So ive been trickle charging it ever since making sure it doesnt die again. Im reading 12.3 Volts fully charged which I thought was fine but Im guessing it isnt. So back to the store to battle them on getting a replacement. This battery has a 5 year warranty, ill somehow make sure it doesnt come back to life if it comes down to that.

That's a normal power up sequence. The CD and NAV players will check what CD's are in place and the fan will run if the doors are open.

Per your remote, make sure the battery is in the right way and tweak the terminals a little so they make better contact. Might also want to check the volts on the new remote battery. If all else fails, go back to the old setup.

Old 03-17-2018, 09:24 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,324 Likes on 1,460 Posts

What does it read when the car is on? I’m sure you’ve heard it before, but CTEK is about the best maintainer for the price. Sounds like the battery is too low. Mine reads over 13 volts and it’s 5 years old now.

Old 03-18-2018, 11:22 AM

Ok I got a new battery installed. Voltages are reading over 13 volts. I disconnected my new stereo setup just to make sure on eliminating problems. I still have the same issue, my remote not working (I have taken it back apart a few times to adjust the connections on it and make sure the battery is good). When I shut my car off all the electronics in the car stay running and will stay running until battery would be dead. All doors are shut, my display is only showing CATS error (since I disconnected) the struts.

If I dont figure this out I guess all summer Ill have to disconnect the battery every time I get out of the vehicle. Im stumped on this issue.

Old 03-18-2018, 12:16 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,836 Likes on 1,231 Posts

I bought a TPMS tester from Autel last month to find a problem I had in my Lexus. There is an additional function in the tester that tests for remote key function and battery strength. Just for the hell of it I tested all of my remote key fobs and it worked on all. So do you know if the fob is transmitting ? Also are the door close switches/sensors working correctly. When did you first have the problem and what did you install before the problem started.

Old 03-18-2018, 12:25 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,324 Likes on 1,460 Posts

Ok I got a new battery installed. Voltages are reading over 13 volts. I disconnected my new stereo setup just to make sure on eliminating problems. I still have the same issue, my remote not working (I have taken it back apart a few times to adjust the connections on it and make sure the battery is good). When I shut my car off all the electronics in the car stay running and will stay running until battery would be dead. All doors are shut, my display is only showing CATS error (since I disconnected) the struts.

If I dont figure this out I guess all summer Ill have to disconnect the battery every time I get out of the vehicle. Im stumped on this issue.
You can get rid of the CATS error by pulling fuse 14 in the footwell. Have you checked the start button and/or associated wiring? As for the others might be worth finding a shop or scanner or even someone with Jaguar IDS/SDD to check for DTCs, have to start somewhere.

Quick Reply: A new stance for my Jag XK60 edition.