Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   X-Type ( X400 ) (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x-type-x400-14/)
-   -   Driveline vibration (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x-type-x400-14/driveline-vibration-1204/)

racerx82 03-12-2007 11:14 PM

RE: Driveline vibration

Well it sounds like you got a great deal on it. I was just asking becasue i was "thinking" of trading my 05 (fully loaded) and tricked out for a 07 beemer...318ix all wheel drive.., anyway, just wanted to know what you paid so I can guage it for my trade in...

You should be fine with yours and with only 30k miles it should still be under warranty...right??? You should have 2 more years or 50k miles...

03-12-2007 11:44 PM

Yep, still have the original warranty going, plus the Jag Select extends it to 6 years/100K miles from date of first service. So... I'm good to 2011.

FYI, the dealer's price for the carwas pretty much spot-on the value predicted at edmunds.com.

Beemer? Whaddaya' want with a beemer, anyway??;) Nah, seriously, they'reawesome cars, but... (sigh.) Guess I'm just still caught upin the thrill of finally driving my dream car (had it for 3 whole days!), can't imagine wanting to drive anything else.

bigdreams05 03-13-2007 11:57 AM

Good thing you feel like that! I have felt like that for the past month!

racerx82 03-13-2007 02:04 PM

lol..good to hear..It is a fun car to drive...My first week in it was diving through the hills of Pennsylvania ...what a blast...first weekend I raked over 700 miles! That was fun! She handled like a dream hitting the corners and twisting through the twist and turns.....oh yeah...might have to go back and re-live those days.....lol

03-14-2007 01:48 AM

Oooh... bigdreams, your car (if that's your champagne coloreds-type in the photo)is gorgeous. Wow. Racer, what're you driving??

Would you believe I haven't even had mine out on the highway muchsince the test-drives?? Went to the dealership straight from work the day I boughtit and have been working every day since, so haven't had the time to cruise too far. Plus, Ido want to get those tires rotated/balanced before I go out on a highway jaunt. The steering wheel shimmy really is a little disturbing.

Even so -andthis might be a really girly thing - I just love looking at it, even sitting in my driveway. It's so pretty!!

(And they say men are the visual ones... :D)

JimC64 03-14-2007 07:45 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 199409

Hey there Pharmgirl..............(another girlie....wohooo)......man word must be getting around.
Welcome Pharmgirl to the forum and X ownership.
Re the just love lookin at the car...........just between me an you hun..........that goes for all of us...........if its a girly thing, well where's my lippy?[sm=funnypostabove.gif]

Jim C

03-14-2007 10:31 AM

Where's your lippy?? Dude... I don't even want to speculate on that issue.:D

bigdreams05 03-14-2007 12:29 PM

What's a LIPPY?

03-14-2007 02:15 PM

Oh, man...

Y'know, I think I might be a vicitim of the British/American slang divide.

Reading Jim's post I went looking in an American slang dictionary and came up with... well... somethingvulgaronly a girl would have.

Actually, having shot my virtual mouth off, I now believe he might've actually been referring to the Brit version of lipstick. [:@]

Sorry, guys, put me up for a public flogging whilst I skulk away in shame...

(Actually, this will be totally hilarious as soon as it stops being completely mortifying...)

bigdreams05 03-14-2007 03:33 PM

No need to feel ashamed! At least I have an "IDEA" of what it could be!

racerx82 03-14-2007 05:19 PM

Why do i always miss all the phun??!!

JimC64 03-14-2007 08:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 199403
Hey there Pharmgirl..........rofl...........I know what you mean about the American / Brit...slang divide.
My wife's got relations over there........Philly I think.
Anyway, some of the family have been over an come back sayin all sorts of stuff.
For instance, they told us that over there, someone maybe says........" sit on your fanny" which is ok.........so I'm told
Over here its sumthin completely different....lol
Ah well.........spice of life n all that

btw...........I dont wear lippy really.....[sm=innoc.gif]honest.lol

JC

04Xtype 03-14-2007 09:02 PM

I moved to the US from England a few years back and someone told me to sit on my fanny, and i didnt know what to do, i just stared and thought did i hear rite. lol

JimC64 03-14-2007 09:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 199399

ORIGINAL: 04XTYPE
I moved to the US from England a few years back and someone told me to sit on my fanny, and i didnt know what to do, i just stared and thought did i hear rite. lol
04...........your ears would certainly prick up.......lol

JC

Dunhill 03-14-2007 11:40 PM

you guys having to much fun.....

racerx82 03-14-2007 11:46 PM

i was once told to bend over......don't have a clue what that meant....

Dunhill 03-14-2007 11:59 PM

don't bend over, otherwise Rover will take over.....

racerx82 03-15-2007 12:06 AM

Ah, ok I get it now..lol

JimC64 03-15-2007 12:46 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 199368

ORIGINAL: racerx82
i was once told to bend over......don't have a clue what that meant....
Was he Irish racer?
Phil?
Phil McCavity?...............lol

JC

racerx82 03-15-2007 12:47 AM

lol...ok that made my side tingle a bit...i know you can do better