Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   X-Type ( X400 ) (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x-type-x400-14/)
-   -   I need some help. (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x-type-x400-14/i-need-some-help-103223/)

JimmieL777 09-24-2013 02:03 AM

I need some help.

On 13th of Sep 2013, I got the following Codes P0202, PO204, P1314 & P0300.
I did the following. Changed Spark Plugs (New), Had all Fuel Injectors clean and serviced, two were bad. replaced upper/lower gaskets, IMT gaskets, New throttle body gasket, new ERG valve & hose ribbed, New Fuel filter.

I just put it back together now it runs really rough. And then it dies once the gas made it to the engine.

I got new codes P0302 cyl 2 misfire
P1314 misfire rate Catalyst damage fault bank 2
P0182 fuel temperature sensor A circuit low input. Got this twice.
P0202 injector circuit open cyl 2
P0204 injector circuit open cyl 4
P0205 injector circuit open cyl 5
P0206 injector circuit open cyl 6
Cruise not Available.
Also, p1000.

I'm guessing on the injector problems I need to recheck the connection of the injectors. Maybe there is not a good connection.

The (fuel temperature sensor A circuit low input) is this a sensor I need to replace? Where is it located? What does it look like?

I'm curious, I have a question about the injector connection. They are gray and black. I have the black connectors on the firewall side and the gray's on the front of engine. Do you recall if this is correct?

I appreciate any help you can offer. Thank you, Jimmie

Stuart Beattie 09-25-2013 03:04 AM

Hi Jimmie,

I see from your post that you do not detail what model you have.

You will get more feedback if you give that information.

Good Luck, Stu :)

AlfaVeloce 09-25-2013 12:23 PM

Well the good news is you can ignore the P1000 code for now. It just means the computer didn't successfully complete the BIT. That will stay set for a few cycles after you complete repairs. Otherwise it's no factor.
Now the other stuff assuming you have an X type, 1314 is probably because you had the misfire to begin with. Were the two bad injectors in cylinders 2 and 4? First thing...recheck all connectors.
And then tell us the details on the car, model, type, engine size.

JimmieL777 09-25-2013 11:02 PM

Problems solved

Thanks for your responses.

The vehicle is 02 Jaguar X-Type 3.0. I'm sorry that I left that out.
Also, I was kind of busy I forgot to mention I replace both catalytic converters and new O2 sensors as well. Needless to say, it all came out well.
So far no codes have resurfaced. It purrs like a baby kitten, I am very pleased.

I cleaned all connections and applied bulb grease on all connections.

Only a few things left to resolve.

I still get that annoying air bag warning, flashes on occasions.
My rear-view mirror is loose beyond control.
I have to replace a head light assembly.
But compared to everything else that has been done, these items are minor right now. You got any ideas about what is left?

JimmieL777 09-25-2013 11:04 PM

Problems Solved

Yes, the the two injectors were #2 and # 4.

AlfaVeloce 09-26-2013 09:55 AM

The air bag light flashes are a code. The airbag fault codes are two digit numbers. For example one flash is a "1" followed by six flashes is a "6"... 16 ... code 16 is the passenger seat occupied sensor fault. ( don't ask how I know that! :D)
There is a table of the fault codes posted in this forum somewhere or I'm sure you can find it on the internet.