Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   X-Type ( X400 ) (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x-type-x400-14/)
-   -   smartphone bluetooth connectivity with Jaguar (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x-type-x400-14/smartphone-bluetooth-connectivity-jaguar-152368/)

Grant Francis 09-30-2019 03:04 AM

I know this is an old thread, so am I.

After 1 year, and getting nowhare, I read all I could find, and Googled some also.

Toady was D day, sort it out, or replace the car.

12/2009 X Type 2.1ltr Front Wheel Drive LE. J63537.

Australian market.

Eventually, after 4 beers, and about 3 hours, the code 1313 entered ON the Galaxy A5 (2017) connected.

Recognition was instant when I turned Blutooth ON at the phone, just the phone asked for a code, and supplied a few suggestions, none of which worked.

I forget where I read the 1313 suggestion, but it works, so now the car is off the market.

Erik Persson 08-24-2020 01:50 AM

Is there anyone out there who has been able to use Bluetooth connectivity to the car telephone system with an Android 10 smartphone? After my phone (a Nokia 4.2) was updated with Android 10, this does not work any longer. The phone still pairs with the car telephone system via Bluetooth, but it is no longer possible to make or receive a call or download the phone book into the car telephone system. Everything worked well in Android 9. Any suggestions?

Erik Persson 08-27-2020 04:44 AM

I have now received a reply from Jaguar support that the Jaguar X-Type car telephone system is not compatible with the Android 10 Bluetooth implementation.

JagV8 08-27-2020 09:22 AM

Maybe report to google that they broke the BT in 10, as it ought still to be compatible. They are particularly unlikely to fix it if no-one reports it...

Erik Persson 08-27-2020 10:03 AM

Bluetooth car telephone system connectivity does not work after upgrade to Android 10

I have now filed a bug report to Google/Android and another one to Nokia about the problem. We will see if anything happens.

max224 04-11-2021 04:56 PM

Was there ever a resolution regarding the X-Type Bluetooth system and an Android 10 smartphone? Just spent over an hour trying to get my Motorola G Power to synch up with the Bluetooth system in my 2006 X-Type (my former HTC phone had no problem. The phone "sees" the Jaguar system and tries (and tries and tries) to pair up with no results. Doesn't get to the point where it requests a passcode. Am I kicking a dead horse?

Erik Persson 04-12-2021 01:56 AM

Originally Posted by max224 (Post 2377741)
Was there ever a resolution regarding the X-Type Bluetooth system and an Android 10 smartphone? Just spent over an hour trying to get my Motorola G Power to synch up with the Bluetooth system in my 2006 X-Type (my former HTC phone had no problem. The phone "sees" the Jaguar system and tries (and tries and tries) to pair up with no results. Doesn't get to the point where it requests a passcode. Am I kicking a dead horse?

It never worked for me with the Nokia 4.2 and Android 10, Some days ago the smartphone was updated with Android 11 and now the Bluetooth app crashes again and again when trying to connect to the Jaguar car telephone systems...

Erik Persson 09-20-2021 02:18 AM

Originally Posted by Erik Persson (Post 2377851)
It never worked for me with the Nokia 4.2 and Android 10, Some days ago the smartphone was updated with Android 11 and now the Bluetooth app crashes again and again when trying to connect to the Jaguar car telephone systems...

I finally scrapped my Nokia 4.2 telephone and purchased one of the last Motorola Moto E6 Plus phones available in the area where I live. This phone reportedly will not be updated from Android 9 to the nightmarish Android 10-11 versions, and now the BT connection to the X-Type car telephone system works perfectly again.

rocket11 01-20-2022 07:57 AM

The Android 10 issue seems to be an Android issue, NOT a Jaguar issue. But who knows, compatibility is always an issue with Android upgrades. The smart money is on staying with Android 9.

rod_f 08-10-2022 01:25 PM

Just bought the X-Type and found it's fitted with Bluetooth - did a test call and it works, well incoming anyway.
Only reason I'm mentioning it is, my phone runs Android 12 (Pixel 6 Pro)
(Sat Nav Screen AV)

g4ran 12-19-2022 09:21 AM

Bluetooth connection in x type

Mine was fitted with a parrot MKi 2900 handsfree car kit and it works great plus you can put music on the sd card

g4ran 12-19-2022 09:22 AM

Bluetooth connection in x type

Mine was fitted with a parrot MKi 2900 handsfree car kit and it works great plus you can put music on the sd card