Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   X-Type ( X400 ) (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x-type-x400-14/)
-   -   xtype reverse parking sensors and folding mirrors (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x-type-x400-14/xtype-reverse-parking-sensors-folding-mirrors-14843/)

leependleton 04-21-2009 04:26 AM

xtype reverse parking sensors and folding mirrors

Hi,

Have just bought an 02 2.0d sport x type and am trying to sort some problems out on it. Am doing okay so far but am stuck on the last two :-)

1. I get the 3 sec tone when I start the car, which I believe is the parking sensor fault. I get nothing when I put it in reverse. I've had a look in the boot/trunk and next to the reverse module there is a grey plastic socket 1" wide with about 3 pins in it. Whats this ? is it supposed to be unconnected to anything (nothing obvious in the boot).

I guess the fault os either the module or the sensors, so how do I remove the sensors without damaging the bumper ?

2. I have the elusive folding mirrors (UK spec), but the passengar one is not working. How do I remove the mirror to get at the motor and mechansim ?

Thanks for your kind help :-)

lee

davismj711 04-24-2009 07:08 PM

Hi Lee

I would suggest you do as I do with every new vehicle I buy, get a service manual. Most of your questions will be answered there.

I purchased mine in CD form from eBay, it will do until I get a book form type from the dealer.

Hope this bumps your question up, and Good Luck with the new Jag..

Thermo 04-25-2009 08:17 AM

Lee, with the help of a second person, what you can do is to have 1 person inside the car with the motor running and then have them put the car into reverse with their foot firmly on the brake (car needs to remain stationary). The second person will walk to behind the car and put their ear next to each of the 4 parking sensors. You should hear a high pitch whine coming from each sensor. The sensor that is not whining is your bad sensor. If all 4 are not making a sound, then you are looking at the control module most likely or the fuse associated with this module.

As for getting the sensor out, it isn't hard, but having broke a sensor, you do need to be careful. If you stick your head under the rear bumper, you will see where the sensors stick out on the inside of the valance. If you look, there are 2 clips 180 degrees apart on the sides of the sensors. What you need to do is to hold these back (away from the sensor) as you push from the outside (don't pull on the sensors as you run the chance of braking the sensor in half-TRUST ME!!!!!)

As for the mirror, can't help you there. Atleast on my Ford, you have to turn the mirror all the way in one direction so you can slide your fingers behind the glass. From there, you will need to pull straight out. The mirror will make all sorts of horrid noises. But, what you are working towards is getting the two clips on the back of the mirror to release. From there, you can access the inside of the mirror and all the motors that are in there. Hopefully someone else will have some more information for you.

haddin23451 06-06-2009 12:38 PM

No free advertising