X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

xtype reverse parking sensors and folding mirrors

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2009, 07:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Lee

I would suggest you do as I do with every new vehicle I buy, get a service manual. Most of your questions will be answered there.

I purchased mine in CD form from eBay, it will do until I get a book form type from the dealer.

Hope this bumps your question up, and Good Luck with the new Jag..

Old 04-25-2009, 08:17 AM
Veteran member
Received 3,825 Likes on 3,144 Posts

Lee, with the help of a second person, what you can do is to have 1 person inside the car with the motor running and then have them put the car into reverse with their foot firmly on the brake (car needs to remain stationary). The second person will walk to behind the car and put their ear next to each of the 4 parking sensors. You should hear a high pitch whine coming from each sensor. The sensor that is not whining is your bad sensor. If all 4 are not making a sound, then you are looking at the control module most likely or the fuse associated with this module.

As for getting the sensor out, it isn't hard, but having broke a sensor, you do need to be careful. If you stick your head under the rear bumper, you will see where the sensors stick out on the inside of the valance. If you look, there are 2 clips 180 degrees apart on the sides of the sensors. What you need to do is to hold these back (away from the sensor) as you push from the outside (don't pull on the sensors as you run the chance of braking the sensor in half-TRUST ME!!!!!)

As for the mirror, can't help you there. Atleast on my Ford, you have to turn the mirror all the way in one direction so you can slide your fingers behind the glass. From there, you will need to pull straight out. The mirror will make all sorts of horrid noises. But, what you are working towards is getting the two clips on the back of the mirror to release. From there, you can access the inside of the mirror and all the motors that are in there. Hopefully someone else will have some more information for you.