Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   XE ( X760 ) (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xe-x760-85/)
-   -   Major problems with ‘17 XE (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xe-x760-85/major-problems-%9117-xe-195168/)

JustBlessed 01-12-2018 04:09 PM

Major problems with ‘17 XE

2017 XE 35t first edition.
InControl Pro.

Ok so not gonna go into all my issues but one that’s driving me nuts is the climate control won’t shut of with the hard Keys.
The 2 hard keys with pictures of a fan ( one small for lower fan speed, bigger one for higher speed) the system is supposed to shut of when pressing the left key (smaller fan) all the way down. It used to work fine, now won’t shut the heat off. Any help greatly appreciated.
Mught as well just list some of my numerous issues with this car.

Screen goes black
gas percentage days zero even with a full tank.
Auto start/stop only works when it feels like it.
Live says I don’t have a subscription when I only have the car a couple months.
When iPhone plugged into USB, controls from screen dont work.
No voice for navigation (possibly not equipped with it)

oldpunk 01-16-2018 12:18 PM

Auto start/stop only works when it feels like it.

This is working as designed. The Auto stop/start will only engage if certain conditions are met. If your AC is on, heat is on high, a lot of accessories, etc, then it won't shut off, or will shut of briefly but then start back up before you lift your foot off the break. It is all dependent on the current demands placed on the charging system.

JBzXJ40 01-16-2018 05:14 PM

2 Attachment(s)
+1 oldpunk - also to add, the battery state of charge must be above certain threshold before it will work as well. Driver's seat belt must be fastened, hood closed, etc. There is a ECO STOP/START health check the dealer can perform to see if it stops working completely. It's designed to keep customer/occupants comfortable if running A/C or Heat, as this will take priority over ECO Stop/Start. See attachment for an example of what items can influence ECO Stop/Start.

As for the screen issues - there have been multiple software updates released to correct many things. This has been on going since release of InControl Touch Pro systems.

Since your vehicle is most likely in warranty - raise these issues with the dealer. I'm not sure about the NAS market, but where I currently live ( Auckland,NZ ) we are not supposed to be doing any software updates as of December 2017, engineers are working on a new update, this may be the same for North America Market.

Kevin Zhu 02-17-2018 08:30 AM

If you click the windscreen heat button on and off and then the smaller fan button, it turns off.

steel12 02-26-2018 11:30 PM

If your start stop won't work try going on a long highway drive to charge up the battery.

EngshMan 03-06-2018 01:14 PM

Also, when the wheels turned, for argument's sake, you stopped when letting the pedestrians pass on intersection, or stopped in the traffic jam turning - the engine will not turn off.