XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Jaguar XF display screen flickering / flashing

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2017, 01:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had the same problem. After removing the driver's seat and carpet I found that the previous owner had already disconnected the Bluetooth module and the iPod module. Both were corroded. I disconnected the negative on the battery and I removed both modules and cleaned the connections as best as possible and reconnected them. After reconnecting the battery I saw the display Flash a few times like previously and then it went off. After that I could not get the car to start. I checked the battery and the voltage was low so I charged the battery for a while but the display did not come back on at all and the car will not start. I disconnected the negative terminal again and disconnected both modules again but the car still would not start . I am charging the battery again now to make sure that is not the problem.

Old 11-09-2017, 02:12 PM

The gear shift knob also is not rising up.
I hope someone can help me because I am kind of panicking now.

Old 11-09-2017, 04:31 PM

I had to temporarily stop charging the battery because it started raining.
I just checked the voltage with a multimeter. The battery had dropped to only about 8 volts.
I am charging it again now.

Old 11-10-2017, 08:35 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,239 Likes on 1,767 Posts

With problems like what you found I always ask if the car has been flooded?
Nothing under the seat inside the car should get corroded unless it gets wet.

Old 11-10-2017, 09:19 AM

[ the additional problems that I had turned out to be from low battery power. I had tried charging that battery for a few hours but could never get it up past 8 volts. This morning I connected jumper cables from my truck to this car battery and was able to get the car to start and most functions are working properly again. So I suppose this car will need a new battery.
I still have some questions about the Bluetooth module though. Has anyone tried just disconnecting the Bluetooth module and iPod modules to see if the display will function normally with them disconnected? This one does not

Old 11-10-2017, 04:23 PM
Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts
Default unlikly to work

There is a way to bypass the Bluetooth module, cause it's an option on many cars but I never found out how so what I have done is I bought new wire and connector so I can have more wire and place both the audio and Bluetooth module on the side of the center console. It's not a complicated job but require some knowlaged in electricity. if you really want to bypass the Bluetooth module I suggest you take a look at some car that dont have it and see if you can set up your car the same way.

Old 11-29-2017, 07:56 AM

Just diagnosing an xf with the issue in tis thread ( am a self employed autospark and thankyou for the heads up as its saved a lot of time!) for what its worth any defective module can be bypassed by unplugging power and shining one fiber cable into the other to complete the fiber loop, if you disconnect one of the fibers from each connector a DIY fiber loop can be made to bypass. or you can use, say a drinking straw to light the fibers up to point at each other.

When the MOST(fiber) loop is broken you will get the cycling of the display on the dash.

This technique works on any car equipped with a MOST bus. and will allow other functions to work while you source a replacement module.

Do mark the cables if you remove them from connectors to make a loop, as they have to go back in the right order.

this technique will allow you to rule put the bluetooth or the other module (or both if your unlucky)

Old 11-29-2017, 06:14 PM
Veteran Member
Received 438 Likes on 387 Posts

That’s great. Thanks for sharing
It’s terrific what you can learn on this forum!

Old 11-30-2017, 08:34 AM

Thank you evolotion. Is there any chance you could post a picture of how you made the connection?

Old 03-07-2018, 05:23 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

*d'oh!* I cannot delete this reply.

Last edited by jasonfig; 03-07-2018 at 07:04 PM.
Old 03-07-2018, 07:02 PM

I am resurrecting this thread....

Hello all. I am having issues with the Infotainment/Navigation screen in the car I just bought. It was working when I test drove it, but about a week before I actually bought the car it rained for a few days and now doesn't work (maybe just a coincidence). The system will just display and flash the jaguar logo repeatedly. I did some searching and found this post and done a lot of the replacing/troubleshooting that is suggested in it. The Bluetooth module and the Audio Portable Module under the drivers seat have both been replaced, however they looked like they were in good condition with no rust or corrosion. Fuses look okay. The battery was from 2014, but was testing good; battery was replaced anyway. What do you think my next course of action would be here to get the Infotainment working again?

2011 XF 5.0 (US Base model I think). 108k Miles

My next course of action/random questions:
  • I bought a MOST Fiber loop and I still cannot get past the flashing Jaguar logo.
  • I suspect the Navigation DVD Player in the trunk
    • I cannot insert a disc into it or eject anything from it.
    • I assume this should have power even if the Infotainment screen is flashing.
  • It looks like this can be bypassed with a fiber loop, right?
    • I saw references to a fiber loop, but no brands or links to purchase.
    • All of the MOST Fiber loops I have seen online only reference the other Euro brands, not Jaguar.
    • Is a loop DIY-able?
  • Satellite radio module has not been replaced yet.
  • Is there something else I should consider or that I am missing here?
  • I suspect there is a leak at the sunroof.
    • It isn't exactly flush with the roof.
    • I tried the sunroof reset/calibration steps already.

Old 03-12-2018, 04:34 PM

I had the car looked by Euro-import shop. They said the Nav screen is not communicating with the rest of the system. Performed a reset of it and still no luck. Looks like I'm SOL here.

Old 07-13-2018, 11:08 AM
Default Dav

Originally Posted by ArtBlanc
The gear shift knob also is not rising up.
I hope someone can help me because I am kind of panicking now.
HOW did you resolve the issue with the Gear shift knob not rising. Ive got all the same problems. Dont even know where to start.

Old 07-22-2018, 06:48 PM
Default Where is the Bluetooth Module fuse located on a Xf 2010

Originally Posted by jaguarxfv8
No it wasn't flood damaged I bought it brand new in 2009. but I live in north canada and the winter are rough (under 50 degrees) and with all the snow my boots bring into the car it's possible it had soak the mat floor.

i found out my bluetooth module has a fuse burnt, so it might be why I have a problem and that my display screen had fault.

I bought a new one, we'll see if it fix my problem.

Old 07-22-2018, 06:49 PM

where is the bluetooth module fuse located?

Old 07-22-2018, 06:51 PM

So I'm posting this so if anyones ever have the same problem he will know How to fix it quick !! at a low cost !

the problem was my bluetooth module. I order one on ebay for about 162$
Just unplug the battery than plug you bluetooth module!
replug your battery than everything will work just find again !!!
where is this located ?

Old 08-28-2018, 04:54 PM
Default How to troubleshoot MOST Fiber Optic Nav

So my screen was flickering with the Jaguar logo and would just repeat. There are a few modules that you will have to look at one by one to T/S down to the bad component. Now remember, always checks fuses and battery before you start to troubleshoot. I lifted up the driver's seat and underneath is the Sat module, Audio module and the bluethooth module. The way the MOST optic system works is like this. Your display is the start point, which I believe goes to the CD changer, then it goes down to the disconnect, the disconnect is where the two fiber cables meet. If you out of the wiring harness fiber cable you will see blinking red light. That's when you will know the display and CD changer are functioning in the loop. Next remove each fiber connect from each of the 3 components. Make sure you remember where each goes. You will see only one connector blinking, which is the connector to the Bluetooth module, if that module works you will see the light blink on the next connector which is the phone module or sat radio as it's called. Connect that connector and if you see it blinking that component works, next you will connect the audio module. The next parts are in the back, which has another female to male disconnect point located on the left side of the trunk. You will pull that fiber off and of it is blinking the last two components would be the DVD nav and the amp. Just remove one by one and verify. Good luck

Old 11-08-2018, 06:25 AM
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Mitchell Thomason
So my screen was flickering with the Jaguar logo and would just repeat. There are a few modules that you will have to look at one by one to T/S down to the bad component. Now remember, always checks fuses and battery before you start to troubleshoot. I lifted up the driver's seat and underneath is the Sat module, Audio module and the bluethooth module. The way the MOST optic system works is like this. Your display is the start point, which I believe goes to the CD changer, then it goes down to the disconnect, the disconnect is where the two fiber cables meet. If you out of the wiring harness fiber cable you will see blinking red light. That's when you will know the display and CD changer are functioning in the loop. Next remove each fiber connect from each of the 3 components. Make sure you remember where each goes. You will see only one connector blinking, which is the connector to the Bluetooth module, if that module works you will see the light blink on the next connector which is the phone module or sat radio as it's called. Connect that connector and if you see it blinking that component works, next you will connect the audio module. The next parts are in the back, which has another female to male disconnect point located on the left side of the trunk. You will pull that fiber off and of it is blinking the last two components would be the DVD nav and the amp. Just remove one by one and verify. Good luck
In my case if I disconnect the battery display works perfectly however after about 5 engine starts it goes to flickering again. Could this mean I have a bad connection rather than a faulty module? Can the fiber optic ends be cleaned? Any suggestion?

Old 11-08-2018, 07:47 AM
Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Recurant problem

Originally Posted by Rique
In my case if I disconnect the battery display works perfectly however after about 5 engine starts it goes to flickering again. Could this mean I have a bad connection rather than a faulty module? Can the fiber optic ends be cleaned? Any suggestion?
In 6 years I changed this module and connectors 4 times. I finally decided to relocate the module. I put it on the side off the center console. But I had to cut the wires and connect other wires so it will be longer. It didn’t broke since. Alto I noticed that on very hot day and on very cold days the screen will only display the Jaguar logo when we first start the car. I would drive it around for 5-10 minutes, stop the car. Let it rest for an hour or so and when I would start it again every thing would ve fine.

Take note that I dont use the Iphone plug anymore I connect my phone with the aux cord.

It didn’t fail me since so I will just wait for the next problem to show up ! XD

Old 11-10-2018, 04:28 PM
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

In 6 years I changed this module and connectors 4 times. I finally decided to relocate the module. I put it on the side off the center console. But I had to cut the wires and connect other wires so it will be longer. It didn’t broke since. Alto I noticed that on very hot day and on very cold days the screen will only display the Jaguar logo when we first start the car. I would drive it around for 5-10 minutes, stop the car. Let it rest for an hour or so and when I would start it again every thing would ve fine.

Take note that I dont use the Iphone plug anymore I connect my phone with the aux cord.

It didn’t fail me since so I will just wait for the next problem to show up ! XD
I am a bit confused as far as modules. Under driver seat there is one black box bluetooth phone module and below metal siri satelite module. Where is the portable audio module? Am I missing a module? Also, I wonder if the orange fiber optic cables could be damaged by water?

Quick Reply: Jaguar XF display screen flickering / flashing