Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   XF and XFR ( X250 ) (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xf-xfr-x250-44/)
-   -   playing audio on xf 2011 (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xf-xfr-x250-44/playing-audio-xf-2011-a-199323/)

Andy6878 04-02-2018 05:02 AM

playing audio on xf 2011

Hi I have tried everything to be able to use the car interface to control my iphone/ipod music. The only way i can play music is through the aux cable with ipod. i cant play anything from my iphone. Car screen just says paused. I have tried using the car screen but nothing works. Can anyone give me a step by step way of being able to control music on car screen please. XF 2011 premium luxury. Amazing car but frustrating media stuff

Cambo 04-02-2018 06:24 AM

You have the iPod/USB interface in the armrest?

Buy a Bovee Tune2Air WMA1000. Plug it in to the iPod cable.

Connect your phone to the WMA1000, the car will see it as an iPod.

Have at least one mp3 on your phone for the car to "see"

Then you can stream audio from Spotify or Youtube or whatever.

BritCars 04-02-2018 08:17 PM

Agreed. That's exactly the setup I've had for several years and it's great. Center console and steering wheel controls to skip songs. And tune names appear on the center screen.

bluejaag 04-11-2018 09:09 PM

Great video Cambo, I'm trying to get this setup for my 11 Xf also. Got the Bovee 1000, attached it via the iPod cable to the ipod socket. Could pair without trouble switching on my phone's bluetooth. Showed it was connected on the bluetooth area in the iphone bluetooth settings.

Went into the audio section on the nav screen, and pressed ipod. Saw the song name listed, but strangely the seek back and seek forward buttons were grayed out. Additionally, could not switch songs on the steering wheel. I'm trying to play songs on spotify. Strangely when I press play on the iphone, the song plays for about half a second and then stops. This happened every time I tried.

I thought perhaps my internet cellular wasn't good enough, but I changed to AUX port, and it worked fine. It doesn't seem to be an internet problem.. What I tried doing was re-starting the phone, and re-connecting the ipod cable to the ipod socket, and re-connecting the Bovee - making sure all clicked. Doesn't work though.

You have any ideas Cambo on what could be causing this? Or BritCars - did you experience this at all..? Being able to see the track on screen and seek between on the steering wheel is great and that's why I got the Bovee but just trying to get it to work!

I could provide any additional information regarding this - thanks for any help or suggestions you might have.

Cambo 04-11-2018 09:13 PM

Have you got at least one song on the phone? That's the trick to getting streaming working.

bluejaag 04-11-2018 10:37 PM

Yes! I tried to play any song from a Spotify playlist which has about 100 tracks. My phone is connected to a cellular 4G network, and can play the songs on the go. Over the last few years, before I saw your video, I would just connect it via Auxilary cable and it worked well. It plays consistently while connected via AUX cable to the car..

Cambo 04-11-2018 10:44 PM

Try putting some songs actually on the phone, separate to Spotify, using iTunes or whatever.

BritCars 04-12-2018 07:30 PM

Yes - when it connects to the iPhone it tried to 'dock' it like an iPod. So if you have a few mp3 songs locally actually on the phone (eg sync a few on iTunes) then it will dock ok and you should then be able to stream via Spotify. Note that VBR (variable bit rate) and too high bit rates may cause issues so keep it at say 128kbps

Also on mine if I play from the phone it won't play if the car control is paused. So you need to go into that iPod setting on the center console and press the play triangle. After that you can select what to play (eg Spotify) on the phone. Then it should stream and all controls should work

Once you have it going it's not as complex as this all makes it sound! It should just connect automatically and play whatever you tell it to after that!

bluejaag 04-12-2018 08:49 PM

Thanks for helpful comments Cambo and BritCars! I see, based on your comments, it seems to treat is more of a local device/hard disk storage type of thing, and may not recognize a Spotify playlist thru the App as a collection of seek-able tracks.

What I've just found out is that I downloaded a spotify playlist [for use while offline], and when I pressed a song, lo and behold the seek forward/back buttons illuminated, and I was able to use the steering wheel to change the track etc. Success!

While I don't mind downloading everything to the phone itself, I like exploring Spotify's new categories and it's a bit of a hassle to download everything!! Ideally, and what I really hope, is that if I press a downloaded song, it docks all well, and I can go into another playlist, with new songs I haven't heard - and play them!

Im going to try that, as well as try and see if I can play thru YouTube, in the next day or 2! Although, with a song on YouTube not being stored locally on the iPhone, I'll be curious to see if that works for me..

Cambo 04-12-2018 09:39 PM

The car only looks for an iPod, so there needs to be "tracks on an iPod" that means your Spotify downloads maybe/probably don't count towards that.

So long as there is one track on the phone and the car sees an "iPod with one track on it" then it pairs up properly and you can then use any audio source via the phone; youtube, spotify, whatever. But first it needs to see an iPod/iPhone with a track on it.

You do not need to download anything else to the phone, just manually copy one mp3 to the phone, everything after that can be streamed.

bluejaag 04-15-2018 03:56 PM

Put an iTunes song on the phone - played it - and was able to seek thru Spotify songs and stream. Great!! Thanks again.

NurseD 04-30-2018 02:47 PM

Anyone Ireland/UK, where did you buy this device? I can only find it on American sites?

peterg001 02-06-2019 12:37 PM

Hey, I have an interesting one. I have connected my iPod touch 4th Gen and I put Spotify on there and like some of you guys have said after putting an actual track on via iTunes, I could stream Spotify.

The problem I have is the track listing is actually one behind the one that is playing, so when I skip track its showing me the name of the track just played rather than the current one. Also the name doesnt update when it moves onto the next track by itself i.e. after the previous track has finished.

Any Ideas?

Robbo1169 09-27-2019 08:41 AM

Bovee1000wma - Spotify song title

Originally Posted by Cambo (Post 1869503)
You have the iPod/USB interface in the armrest?

Buy a Bovee Tune2Air WMA1000. Plug it in to the iPod cable.

Connect your phone to the WMA1000, the car will see it as an iPod.

Have at least one mp3 on your phone for the car to "see"

Then you can stream audio from Spotify or Youtube or whatever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bSEohE19AY

I've searched all over the Internet for an a seer, but not been able to find one as of yet.... Probobly because my search skills are lacking. 😁

Anyways, I've got a Jaguar XF 2010 and have recently bought a Bovee1000wma. I have linked it to my Samsung S9 and when I use Spotify, there is no sont title. It simply says Next instead of an artist or title. Spotify is the most up to date version.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Have a good one.

Robbo
https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.jag...b5e80a237b.jpg

Robbo1169 09-27-2019 08:49 AM

I have an android phone - Samsung Galaxy S9 and a Jag XF 2010. I have tried using Spotify which works, steering controls work...however the song title does not display. It simply says 'Next'.

Is there any advice on how to get track name displayed.