XJ XJ6 / XJ8 / XJR ( X350 & X358 ) 2003 - 2009

Bluetooth Microphone - Factory Fitted.

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2017, 10:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bluetooth Microphone - Factory Fitted.

Hi.....
My 2007 X350 XJ has the factory fitted Bluetooth phone kit built into the SatNav system - The microphone seems to be temperamental though!!

When I first got the car I paired my phone and made a couple of calls and it worked fine.

I then spent some time setting up the jaguar Voice system and ever since then, maybe just a coincidence, the microphone does not pick up my voice well in the car whilst using the phone.

It does seem to pick up Jaguar Voice instructions clearly through even when spoken quietly.

I have tried to faff about with the microphone and call a second mobile and I can hear myself if I shout at the microphone in the car but it is almost delayed and sill quiet.

Does anyone know if this is maybe a glitch caused by Jaguar Voice or do I simply need a new microphone??

Any thoughts would be appreciated...!

Thanks.

Old 02-27-2017, 03:50 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,755 Likes on 1,326 Posts

When I installed VACM (Jaguar Voice Activation Module) and Blutooth in my car I installed a microphone inside the overhead console.

Several people in this forum have commented they get better results with the microphone on the outside of the overhead console.

I do believe that with my install it might be better if the microphone was on the outside but that would be a different microphone.

Where is your microphone?

It is odd that VACM works well for you but the phone does not.

Old 02-27-2017, 04:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was thinking that a replacement more externally mounted microphone might be the way forward - I have a mate who is an auto electrician by trade so he should be able to supply and install one reasonably easily so I think I shall go down that route and see what happens.

I was a bit baffled by the Jaguar Voice working fine but not the phone I have to say!