Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   XJ XJ6 / XJ8 / XJR ( X350 & X358 ) (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xj-xj6-xj8-xjr-x350-x358-28/)
-   -   No Speakers in Dash (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xj-xj6-xj8-xjr-x350-x358-28/no-speakers-dash-251721/)

silversurfer1221 09-27-2021 03:58 PM

No Speakers in Dash

Hello. I have a 2006 Jaguar XJ8. Recently, my dash speaker grilles became deformed and cracked due to age and the sun/heat. I've ordered new ones (lucky to have found them), but after removing the old grilles to repair them (until the new ones arrive), I see that there are no speakers here at all. The area is quite clean and it looks like there had never been any. Was this a thing (to have no speakers there)? Were there certain audio packages that had them and other, lesser packages, that did not? Or is it more likely that they were removed some time in the distant past? The sound system in the car sounds nice as is, but I'm thinking about getting some speakers to put there. Is it difficult to install them (mainly getting to and connecting to the wires)?

xalty 09-27-2021 06:46 PM

i worked on an 04 xj8 that had no speakers there either

silversurfer1221 09-27-2021 06:47 PM

So, it may have been an "option" ... a lesser audio package that just didn't include them?

Cambo 09-27-2021 06:57 PM

Only the Alpine system has the speakers in the dash. The base audio doesn't have them, and they are not wired up either.

silversurfer1221 09-27-2021 06:58 PM

Thanks. I wondered about that. So, it would be a PITA to try to put speakers there, then, I take it ...

J.A.G. 09-27-2021 08:31 PM

I have a 2005 XJ8 L 2005 No speakers there.

Since I already installed an aftermarket stereo I installed twitters in there. It was really easy to wire up the driver side, but the one in the passenger side was really difficult. I removed a lot of things that are not even close to be the way to go just to find out it was not the way. After a few scratches on my hand I was able to do it.

So if you're planning on doing some aftermarket things with your stereo, that's a good place for twitters, even if they are not pointing to the listeners, the inclined position of the windshield will do the job.

pkoko 05-15-2022 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by J.A.G. (Post 2447030)
Since I already installed an aftermarket stereo I installed twitters in there. It was really easy to wire up the driver side, but the one in the passenger side was really difficult. I removed a lot of things that are not even close to be the way to go just to find out it was not the way. After a few scratches on my hand I was able to do it.

So if you're planning on doing some aftermarket things with your stereo, that's a good place for twitters, even if they are not pointing to the listeners, the inclined position of the windshield will do the job.

I am soon going to be doing the same thing. Can you elaborate on that? I will also send a PM. Thanks