Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   XK / XKR ( X150 ) (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xk-xkr-x150-33/)
-   -   2007 XK IPhone Audio options (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xk-xkr-x150-33/2007-xk-iphone-audio-options-195491/)

dsd 01-19-2018 09:59 AM

2007 XK IPhone Audio options

All,

I’m about to pickup a 2007 XK that does not have the ACM.

Dealer basically said they never worked right and recommended any other aftermarket solution first.

So, any ideas what’s out there? Search is a bit all over the place. Anyone do a Parrot mki9200? Does the infotainment have an aux to work with?

I’m pretty open to solutions be them wired or BT.

Thanks!

Stuart S 01-19-2018 10:29 AM

I would ask the Forum members who have ACM if they agree with your dealer's opinion and advice.

I believe that the ACM is no longer available as an accessory from Jaguar. It was designed to provide steering wheel control over volume and track and limited touchscreen information, and I doubt that any aftermarket devices can do that. You might be able to find a used ACM on eBay.

110reef 01-19-2018 11:58 AM

I use a roidmi fm transmitter in my glovebox outlet, which will both charge my phone, and will transmit via Bluetooth to the radio so I can play the tunes from my iphone over the car sound system. A bit clunky but it works. The phone itself syncs right up with no problem.

Sean W 01-19-2018 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by Stuart S (Post 1827968)
I would ask the Forum members who have ACM if they agree with your dealer's opinion and advice.

I believe that the ACM is no longer available as an accessory from Jaguar. It was designed to provide steering wheel control over volume and track and limited touchscreen information, and I doubt that any aftermarket devices can do that. You might be able to find a used ACM on eBay.

I have ACM and bought it from a tech here in the personals. I had it in my XJ as well (different model ACM). The one I purchased for my XK was $200 used. Took me about an hour to install.

I disagree with the dealer and would recommend you invest in one (wait and watch eBay as Stuart suggests or the member posted ads here in the forum).

I think a couple of guys will chime in on interim BT solutions.

myexcursion 01-19-2018 12:55 PM

I decided to pick up this adapter from Amazon:

But it's since out of stock.

Can charge 2 iPhones/droids simultaneously ( work & personal ) and Bluetooth WAZE, Pandora, and phone calls. Can simply answer phone pressing top button or go fwd/rwd songs Etc...
less than 18 bucks :) They also have them with the ports on top etc.. Bigs selection..

G/L

Stuart S 01-19-2018 04:37 PM

The link took me to the Amazon search page, not the specific item. Please update the link.

u102768 01-19-2018 05:43 PM

Did you try scrolling down? The product description appears for me below the 'Customers who bought this item also bought' section.

Stuart S 01-19-2018 06:57 PM

I just opened the link again and scrolled down to the bottom of the page and didn't see "Customers who bought this item ..." or the product description. Maybe it's because I'm using my cellphone or the Amszon app on the my phone. ???

Stuart S 01-19-2018 07:02 PM

I disabled the VPN on my cellphone and the link worked! Very interesting!

For those of us who can remember ...

myexcursion 01-19-2018 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by Stuart S (Post 1828160)
The link took me to the Amazon search page, not the specific item. Please update the link.

Sorry looks like it's currently not available. It's basically the same as this one -

But I think I may be looking at this one as a newer one since I can plug it in from top and not just side... I can always use the other one in my other truck :)

Sean W 01-19-2018 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by Stuart S (Post 1828253)
I disabled the VPN on my cellphone and the link worked! Very interesting!

For those of us who can remember ...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=krD4hdGvGHM

I'm seeing more and more sites blocking access for those of us who use VPN. They're trying to avoid hacking and we're trying to remain invisible to hackers. Both sad and funny.

dsd 01-19-2018 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by myexcursion (Post 1828259)
Sorry looks like it's currently not available. It's basically the same as this one -
https://www.amazon.com/Wireless-Blue...6CTJR4AFFSZ98F

But I think I may be looking at this one as a newer one since I can plug it in from top and not just side... I can always use the other one in my other truck :)

https://www.amazon.com/Comsoon-Bluet...6CTJR4AFFSZ98F

For that price, I’ll pick it up just for the road trip home :-)

Stuart S 01-19-2018 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by Sean W (Post 1828304)
I'm seeing more and more sites blocking access for those of us who use VPN. They're trying to avoid hacking and we're trying to remain invisible to hackers. Both sad and funny.

Sean,

I never knew that until just now. Thanks for the education. It was only by chance that I turned off my VPN to see if that made any difference, and I was surprised when it did.

I'm like your signature - "I spell stoopid with two O's". It's easier to remember that way so you never make spelling misteaks. :eek:

Stuart

Cee Jay 01-20-2018 01:17 PM

OR, spend $5 on a USB memory stick. Put a billion songs on it and there ya go.

Sean W 01-20-2018 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by Stuart S (Post 1828379)
Sean,

I never knew that until just now. Thanks for the education. It was only by chance that I turned off my VPN to see if that made any difference, and I was surprised when it did.

I'm like your signature - "I spell stoopid with two O's". It's easier to remember that way so you never make spelling misteaks. :eek:

Stuart

Looks like with both went to gooder colleges:icon_cool:

Stuart S 01-21-2018 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by Sean W (Post 1828802)
Looks like with both went to gooder colleges:icon_cool:

:icon_toast:

peterv8 01-22-2018 05:15 AM

Originally Posted by 110reef (Post 1828024)
I use a roidmi fm transmitter in my glovebox outlet, which will both charge my phone, and will transmit via Bluetooth to the radio so I can play the tunes from my iphone over the car sound system. A bit clunky but it works. The phone itself syncs right up with no problem.

Didn't know there was an outlet in the glovebox!:icon_biggrin:
Have ordered an Roidmi!:)