2007 XK IPhone Audio options - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum


XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

2007 XK IPhone Audio options

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 01-19-2018, 09:59 AM
dsd dsd is online now
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 950
Thanked 245 Times in 185 Posts
Default 2007 XK IPhone Audio options

All,

Iím about to pickup a 2007 XK that does not have the ACM.

Dealer basically said they never worked right and recommended any other aftermarket solution first.

So, any ideas whatís out there? Search is a bit all over the place. Anyone do a Parrot mki9200? Does the infotainment have an aux to work with?

Iím pretty open to solutions be them wired or BT.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-19-2018, 10:29 AM
Stuart S's Avatar
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Atlanta suburbs
Posts: 4,049
Thanked 1,668 Times in 1,063 Posts
Default

I would ask the Forum members who have ACM if they agree with your dealer's opinion and advice.

I believe that the ACM is no longer available as an accessory from Jaguar. It was designed to provide steering wheel control over volume and track and limited touchscreen information, and I doubt that any aftermarket devices can do that. You might be able to find a used ACM on eBay.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-19-2018, 11:58 AM
110reef's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Baton Rouge, LA
Posts: 375
Thanked 105 Times in 71 Posts
Default

I use a roidmi fm transmitter in my glovebox outlet, which will both charge my phone, and will transmit via Bluetooth to the radio so I can play the tunes from my iphone over the car sound system. A bit clunky but it works. The phone itself syncs right up with no problem.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 110reef For This Useful Post:
peterv8 (01-22-2018)
  #4  
Old 01-19-2018, 12:32 PM
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Twin Cities, Minnesota, USA
Posts: 4,226
Thanked 1,114 Times in 808 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart S View Post
I would ask the Forum members who have ACM if they agree with your dealer's opinion and advice.

I believe that the ACM is no longer available as an accessory from Jaguar. It was designed to provide steering wheel control over volume and track and limited touchscreen information, and I doubt that any aftermarket devices can do that. You might be able to find a used ACM on eBay.
I have ACM and bought it from a tech here in the personals. I had it in my XJ as well (different model ACM). The one I purchased for my XK was $200 used. Took me about an hour to install.

I disagree with the dealer and would recommend you invest in one (wait and watch eBay as Stuart suggests or the member posted ads here in the forum).

I think a couple of guys will chime in on interim BT solutions.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-19-2018, 12:55 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Suffolk, NY
Posts: 272
Thanked 37 Times in 29 Posts
Default

I decided to pick up this adapter from Amazon:

But it's since out of stock.

Can charge 2 iPhones/droids simultaneously ( work & personal ) and Bluetooth WAZE, Pandora, and phone calls. Can simply answer phone pressing top button or go fwd/rwd songs Etc...
less than 18 bucks They also have them with the ports on top etc.. Bigs selection..

G/L

Last edited by myexcursion; 01-19-2018 at 07:16 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-19-2018, 04:37 PM
Stuart S's Avatar
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Atlanta suburbs
Posts: 4,049
Thanked 1,668 Times in 1,063 Posts
Default

The link took me to the Amazon search page, not the specific item. Please update the link.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-19-2018, 05:43 PM
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 1,767
Thanked 646 Times in 423 Posts
Default

Did you try scrolling down? The product description appears for me below the 'Customers who bought this item also bought' section.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-19-2018, 06:57 PM
Stuart S's Avatar
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Atlanta suburbs
Posts: 4,049
Thanked 1,668 Times in 1,063 Posts
Default

I just opened the link again and scrolled down to the bottom of the page and didn't see "Customers who bought this item ..." or the product description. Maybe it's because I'm using my cellphone or the Amszon app on the my phone. ???
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-19-2018, 07:02 PM
Stuart S's Avatar
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Atlanta suburbs
Posts: 4,049
Thanked 1,668 Times in 1,063 Posts
Default

I disabled the VPN on my cellphone and the link worked! Very interesting!

For those of us who can remember ...


Last edited by Stuart S; 01-19-2018 at 07:09 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-19-2018, 07:20 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Suffolk, NY
Posts: 272
Thanked 37 Times in 29 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart S View Post
The link took me to the Amazon search page, not the specific item. Please update the link.
Sorry looks like it's currently not available. It's basically the same as this one -
Amazon Amazon

But I think I may be looking at this one as a newer one since I can plug it in from top and not just side... I can always use the other one in my other truck

Amazon Amazon
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 01-19-2018, 08:41 PM
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Twin Cities, Minnesota, USA
Posts: 4,226
Thanked 1,114 Times in 808 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart S View Post
I disabled the VPN on my cellphone and the link worked! Very interesting!

For those of us who can remember ...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=krD4hdGvGHM
I'm seeing more and more sites blocking access for those of us who use VPN. They're trying to avoid hacking and we're trying to remain invisible to hackers. Both sad and funny.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 01-19-2018, 08:58 PM
dsd dsd is online now
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 950
Thanked 245 Times in 185 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by myexcursion View Post
Sorry looks like it's currently not available. It's basically the same as this one -
https://www.amazon.com/Wireless-Blue...6CTJR4AFFSZ98F

But I think I may be looking at this one as a newer one since I can plug it in from top and not just side... I can always use the other one in my other truck

https://www.amazon.com/Comsoon-Bluet...6CTJR4AFFSZ98F
For that price, Iíll pick it up just for the road trip home :-)
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 01-19-2018, 11:00 PM
Stuart S's Avatar
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Atlanta suburbs
Posts: 4,049
Thanked 1,668 Times in 1,063 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean W View Post
I'm seeing more and more sites blocking access for those of us who use VPN. They're trying to avoid hacking and we're trying to remain invisible to hackers. Both sad and funny.
Sean,

I never knew that until just now. Thanks for the education. It was only by chance that I turned off my VPN to see if that made any difference, and I was surprised when it did.

I'm like your signature - "I spell stoopid with two O's". It's easier to remember that way so you never make spelling misteaks.

Stuart
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 01-20-2018, 01:17 PM
Cee Jay's Avatar
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Kaysville, Utah, US
Posts: 3,995
Thanked 776 Times in 600 Posts
Default

OR, spend $5 on a USB memory stick. Put a billion songs on it and there ya go.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 01-20-2018, 03:50 PM
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Twin Cities, Minnesota, USA
Posts: 4,226
Thanked 1,114 Times in 808 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart S View Post
Sean,

I never knew that until just now. Thanks for the education. It was only by chance that I turned off my VPN to see if that made any difference, and I was surprised when it did.

I'm like your signature - "I spell stoopid with two O's". It's easier to remember that way so you never make spelling misteaks.

Stuart
Looks like with both went to gooder colleges
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 01-21-2018, 08:32 AM
Stuart S's Avatar
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Atlanta suburbs
Posts: 4,049
Thanked 1,668 Times in 1,063 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean W View Post
Looks like with both went to gooder colleges
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 01-22-2018, 05:15 AM
peterv8's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: SŲdra Sandby, Sweden
Posts: 237
Thanked 30 Times in 29 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 110reef View Post
I use a roidmi fm transmitter in my glovebox outlet, which will both charge my phone, and will transmit via Bluetooth to the radio so I can play the tunes from my iphone over the car sound system. A bit clunky but it works. The phone itself syncs right up with no problem.
Didn't know there was an outlet in the glovebox!
Have ordered an Roidmi!
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to peterv8 For This Useful Post:
110reef (01-22-2018)
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
iPhone Bluetooth Failure with Apple iPhone iOS 8.0.2 asternstein XF and XFR ( X250 ) 17 10-16-2015 12:32 AM
2012 iPhone audio issues Randy XJ ( X351 ) 7 02-28-2014 07:10 AM
audio connectivity for iphone ipod Profesormsc S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) 9 10-16-2013 07:53 AM
Audio issue with iPhone 4 2010 XKR us010144 XK / XKR ( X150 ) 4 04-12-2013 03:25 PM
iPhone 5 make noise like iPhone 4? Anxious Jim XJ XJ6 / XJ8 / XJR ( X350 & X358 ) 2 10-15-2012 06:35 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Advertising
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:46 PM.


JAGUAR and its logo are the registered trademarks of Jaguar Cars Limited. Jaguar Cars Limited is not affiliated with JaguarForums.com.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: