XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

iPhone Bluetooth Failure with Apple iPhone iOS 8.0.2

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2014, 02:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default iPhone Bluetooth Failure with Apple iPhone iOS 8.0.2

Phone pairs and docks but no sound coming through the car speakers with inbound or outbound calls. System works ok when using Samsung Galaxy phone running Android.

Visited Apple store in London and the techie reset my iPhone network settings to factory ones and sent me on my way saying it should be fixed. No it isn't!

Next step is to call the techies at Apple who will probably ask me to completely wipe and rebuild the iPhone. Will report further progress when it happens.

Old 10-01-2014, 04:34 PM
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Mine works - iPhone 6 with iOS 8.0.2

2013 XF 3.0

Old 10-01-2014, 07:10 PM
Veteran Member
Received 594 Likes on 422 Posts

Originally Posted by asternstein
Phone pairs and docks but no sound coming through the car speakers with inbound or outbound calls. System works ok when using Samsung Galaxy phone running Android.

Visited Apple store in London and the techie reset my iPhone network settings to factory ones and sent me on my way saying it should be fixed. No it isn't!

Next step is to call the techies at Apple who will probably ask me to completely wipe and rebuild the iPhone. Will report further progress when it happens.
Sounds like Apple is playing loose with its product testing these days:

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/apples...203706740.html

Old 10-05-2014, 06:52 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I have this problem too kind of annoying couldn't use it when I went away for the weekend, hopefully someone will know why it doesn't work and figure it out.

Old 10-07-2014, 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by asternstein

I have same problem. Tried my wife's iPhone 6 and my iPhone 6 Plus. Can't get sound through car speakers. Unsure if it's the hardware or iOS 8.0.2.

Old 10-08-2014, 12:44 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,483 Likes on 3,901 Posts

From the comments in computer magazines etc it's probably 8.0.2 so maybe there'll be 8.0.3 along soon.

Old 10-09-2014, 07:33 AM
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Jaguar released a bulletin on the iPhone 6 and iOS8 pairing problems. The fix for the mentioned problem is an easy one, but I'm not sure this will address not getting sound through the speakers. It mentions a more specific problem. Regardless, it's worth a try.

"When the Apple device is connected to the car system and the call is received there is no option to answer or reject the incomming call on the system. The steering wheel controls also have no effect. The touch screen continues to display the phone screen. The pop up screen to answer or reject the call is not shown"

Caused by the new iCloud "iPhone Cellular Calls" feature.
Go to settings, select iCloud, turn off the above feature.
Then delete the car's bluetooth pairing from the phone and turn the phone off.
Delete the iPhone from the car's system.
Power the phone back on and repair it to the car. Should work as normal.

Good Luck. P.S. I hate bluetooth.

The following users liked this post:
veeter2 (10-15-2014)
Old 10-09-2014, 11:01 AM

I'll try it.

BTW, "iPhone Cellular Calls" is under the FaceTime settings, not iCloud.

Old 10-09-2014, 01:25 PM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Just an FYI this is a known issue with IOS 8 and should be fixed in IOS 8.1 per Apple's iOS 8 update breaks Bluetooth car connections, fix may be coming with iOS 8.1

Old 10-10-2014, 04:24 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,483 Likes on 3,901 Posts

Anyone affected may like to add to that thread as that way Apple will see it really needs fixing. Few posts = not bother fixing it.

Old 10-15-2014, 09:53 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lisalauck
Jaguar released a bulletin on the iPhone 6 and iOS8 pairing problems. The fix for the mentioned problem is an easy one, but I'm not sure this will address not getting sound through the speakers. It mentions a more specific problem. Regardless, it's worth a try.

"When the Apple device is connected to the car system and the call is received there is no option to answer or reject the incomming call on the system. The steering wheel controls also have no effect. The touch screen continues to display the phone screen. The pop up screen to answer or reject the call is not shown"

Caused by the new iCloud "iPhone Cellular Calls" feature.
Go to settings, select iCloud, turn off the above feature.
Then delete the car's bluetooth pairing from the phone and turn the phone off.
Delete the iPhone from the car's system.
Power the phone back on and repair it to the car. Should work as normal.

Good Luck. P.S. I hate bluetooth.
My 2010 XF would dock then undock my Iphone6 via Ipod connection. It was really frustrating since the sound quality from the 30pin connector via lightning adapter was so much better. Long story short, your suggestion fixed the problem and everything seems to be working fine...Fingers crossed and thanks for the great tip.

The following users liked this post:
ajd (10-17-2014)
Old 10-16-2014, 04:16 AM
Default Solutions

Thanks for all the comments and advice. I a using an IPhone 5 with iOS 8.0.2, which is still appearing as the latest OS version.

In my settings/iCloud, there is no cellular option, so unless I am looking in the wrong place, this is not something I can see.

I see there is talk of a new OS version being available, so maybe a fix will come from that direction.

Old 10-16-2014, 12:54 PM
Old 10-17-2014, 10:54 AM
ajd
Default iOS8 and Loss of Music Inter-connectivity

I recently replaced my old XF with a newer model. Since purchasing it my i-Phone5 operating system has been upgraded to iOS8 and now, when connected via the USB port, I can only get any music out of the speakers if I control from the phone and then the music title etc. displayed on the screen is often different from what is actually playing through the speakers.

Old 10-22-2014, 07:50 AM

Updated to iOS8.1 on Monday afternoon and everything is fixed with bluetooth except now unless I am playing music through my XF, I don't hear any sounds from the phone for text message alerts or emails... or other alert sounds...

Old 10-23-2014, 04:36 AM
Default Bluetooth iOS connection failure

Pleased to report that having updated my iPhone5 with iOS8.1 and deleted and rebuilt the connection between my phone and my Jaguar XF system, incoming and outgoing calls are now heard through the car's speakers. All is good!

Old 10-23-2014, 12:06 PM
ajd
Default Loss of Sound using an i-Phone with IOS 8.0.2

I had the same problem of not getting sound out of my speaks once my i-Phone was updated to 8.0.2 and I took the advice shown on this forum site to do the following:

1. De-pair and remove both bluetooth connections i.e. i-Phone and car
2. Logout of i-Cloud on my i-Phone
3. Re-pair in the normal manner.

Once I had completed the above my connection works perfectly.

Old 10-16-2015, 12:32 AM

Originally Posted by veeter2
My 2010 XF would dock then undock my Iphone6 via Ipod connection. It was really frustrating since the sound quality from the 30pin connector via lightning adapter was so much better. Long story short, your suggestion fixed the problem and everything seems to be working fine...Fingers crossed and thanks for the great tip.

Im having the same 30 pin problem in my 2009. I was thinking it was an ios update capatability issue but your ipod works fine now, being able to control through the car? After doing the icloud steps?