Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   XK / XKR ( X150 ) (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xk-xkr-x150-33/)
-   -   Great detailing job: Take a look!!! (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xk-xkr-x150-33/great-detailing-job-take-look-117939/)

jagtoes 06-10-2014 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by Quebecjag (Post 977019)
The product they use is «Nanolex». It come from germany, but I have find a link in the US: https://nanolex.us/

They have a LOT of different products for different use: Paint, Fabricks, soft top, wheels, ect.

Guy

EXCELLENT and it looks super. Did they do paint correction work or just prep and polish followed by a wax application. Also do you mind sharing the cost as 3 days is I think more then usual. How did they do the interior and how did that come out. Nice.

TFlan 06-10-2014 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by jagtoes (Post 993130)
EXCELLENT and it looks super. Did they do paint correction work or just prep and polish followed by a wax application. Also do you mind sharing the cost as 3 days is I think more then usual. How did they do the interior and how did that come out. Nice.

I detail our cars and also do others on a word of mouth basis. Since I am old, fat and lazy I can only work about six hours a day as detailing is labor intensive. For my little "hobby" I've invested over $3K in equipment, product and training in the past year.

What a customer wants done to the car will determine the price. Wash & wax - inexpensive but cosmetic but that's what some folks want. I don't play in that sandbox.

Three days would not be out of the ordinary for a PROPER detail. Depending on the provider's stamina, you are looking at 18 to 24 hours of actual hands on the car time.

For those who may be interested, autopiaforums.com is a great place to start if you want to keep you car looking somewhat spiffy. The site is free, the advice is free, the tutorials are free. Some of the top professional detailers in the country are on this site and will gladly share their expertise with you...free.

...not so much different from this wonderful site.

Best to all,

Quebecjag 06-11-2014 06:33 AM

Originally Posted by jagtoes (Post 993130)

No paint correction at all. The beast has 15 000 KM now and look like new. They didn't have to do anything interior.

They took 3 days because they want to make sure all the differents process were optimal.
1st: wash the car to make sure no dust or debris left behind.
2nd: polish to remove all the fine line in the coating
3rd: Apply nanolex on paint (wait to get it dry)
4rt: Apply Nanolex on roof (this is really awsome)
5: Wheels treatment
Keep in garage for at least 12 hours to make sure all the product dry completely.

They didn't spend 3 days full time, but they take there time to do a GREAT job.

That Nanolex product is suppose to stay for 3 years. We'll see. So far it is amazing. Wash the car (again) last night. It is so much easyer and to see the water literaly JUMP OUT of the car is pretty fun.

They provide a special product to be use to wash the car aftre the treatment. It really do the job. They claim that it's developed to revigorate the treatment every time you wash the car...

Guy

jagtoes 06-11-2014 07:44 AM

Originally Posted by TFlan (Post 993258)
I detail our cars and also do others on a word of mouth basis. Since I am old, fat and lazy I can only work about six hours a day as detailing is labor intensive. For my little "hobby" I've invested over $3K in equipment, product and training in the past year.

What a customer wants done to the car will determine the price. Wash & wax - inexpensive but cosmetic but that's what some folks want. I don't play in that sandbox.

Three days would not be out of the ordinary for a PROPER detail. Depending on the provider's stamina, you are looking at 18 to 24 hours of actual hands on the car time.

For those who may be interested, autopiaforums.com is a great place to start if you want to keep you car looking somewhat spiffy. The site is free, the advice is free, the tutorials are free. Some of the top professional detailers in the country are on this site and will gladly share their expertise with you...free.

...not so much different from this wonderful site.

Best to all,

I've got 3 estimates and 2 of them need the car for 2 days. Those 2 would be removing swirls with a polish and final wax. It includes interior clean and leather treatment. 1 of them does a wheels off clean and paint of hubs as well as clean of calipers and engine compartment.The lowest cost is basically a wash polish and wax job. My car is a 2012 so other then some swirls from the PO auto car wash it is in excellent condition. Prices were $350 , $225 and $150. The guy in the middle is a high end auto body shop who did some rust and paint work on my old Ferrari. The higher price guy is a Corvette specialty dealer who show preps cars for sale or show.I am in no rush and I have 2 more places to check out. I like to see finish product before I make a decision.

richzak 06-11-2014 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by jagtoes (Post 993552)
I've got 3 estimates and 2 of them need the car for 2 days. Those 2 would be removing swirls with a polish and final wax. It includes interior clean and leather treatment. 1 of them does a wheels off clean and paint of hubs as well as clean of calipers and engine compartment.The lowest cost is basically a wash polish and wax job. My car is a 2012 so other then some swirls from the PO auto car wash it is in excellent condition. Prices were $350 , $225 and $150. The guy in the middle is a high end auto body shop who did some rust and paint work on my old Ferrari. The higher price guy is a Corvette specialty dealer who show preps cars for sale or show.I am in no rush and I have 2 more places to check out. I like to see finish product before I make a decision.

If your going to have a professional detail job, I would highly suggest having the car clay barred, polished to remove any contaminents, then having a paint coating applied similiar to the Nanolex, Opticoat 2.0 or Opticoat Pro, or Pinnacle Black Diamond Paint Coating.

You will not be sorry with the results. memebers like MaximA, myself, and few others have gone the paint coating route and the results are fantastic. Then you will find it is so much easier to keep your car clean. The paint will always have that "wet look".

Highly consider this suggestion. You have a very expensive Jaguar and beautiful color, give it the best when considering the detail job. Stay away from car washs. Wash the car yourself, using good products.

Quebecjag 06-11-2014 07:23 PM

200$, 300$ is à deal. I pût over 1,000 $ to get the xkrs look like this. Count it as you Want, 20 or 25 hours at 30$/hour plus matérialiste is what you should expect from a pro.
Guy

TFlan 06-12-2014 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by Quebecjag (Post 993955)
200$, 300$ is à deal. I pût over 1,000 $ to get the xkrs look like this. Count it as you Want, 20 or 25 hours at 30$/hour plus matérialiste is what you should expect from a pro.
Guy

At $30/hr, you got a bargain. I'm at $65/hr including product. Material costs are minor compared to labor. The time the detailer spent, the quality of the work and the awestruck look on the customer's face when picking up the car is the key. That's why it's called "detailing."

Best,