Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   XK / XKR ( X150 ) (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xk-xkr-x150-33/)
-   -   It's official, I'm ticked (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xk-xkr-x150-33/its-official-im-ticked-112044/)

agentorange 02-18-2014 12:09 AM

It's official, I'm ticked. Update: fixed

4 Attachment(s)
So I was renewing the anti-rodent measures in my garage this evening which involves getting on the floor where my XKR is parked. Imagine my horror when I found a large chunk of the undertray hanging down. :icon_omg:One of the plastic nuts came out with it and by the looks of the holes none of the others "pulled through" or show signs of damage. My local dealer serviced the car in January so I am guessing the grease monkey forgot to do up the fasteners properly. :icon_really: They are going to get the rough edge of my tongue in the morning.:icon_mad:

Lothar52 02-18-2014 12:25 AM

Id hate to be on the other end of that phone in the morning.....

Gippsland 02-18-2014 01:32 AM

Annoying but hard to prove. If you intend using them again maybe some tact would help.
From past experiences I've found trying to blame someone often resulted in heated words,some aggravation and the issue is not fixed.

Either way,good luck and I know how you feel.

GGG 02-18-2014 02:38 AM

+1

I can understand you're not happy but a thorough tongue-lashing will end up with you never going back there again.

When I did an oil change on mine, I wasn't impressed with the four fasteners used to hold a tray of this size and weight.

Graham
Graham

DGL 02-18-2014 06:28 AM

I went to Costco to have my oil changed on my pathfinder in 2003. When I got home I noticed they stripped half of the bolts and threads holding the under cover on. I went back to Costco and politely told them of the problem. The service manager told me to not come back again. I left it alone but should have escalated the problem... It did piss me off. It was a brand new SUV at the time. My advise is be very nice and tell them how much you love and take car of your car and if they don't cover the damage escalate it.

MaximA 02-18-2014 08:20 AM

I dread going to the dealer every time I come back from them fixing one thing something else is broken. I have to have my A/C condenser replaced and they forgot to put the damper back on my glove box and also scratched the leather on my console. I also asked them not to wash the car as it cost me 1400 to get their swirl marks out of the car. I even posted a giant sign on the dash that said DO NOT WASH, they did anyway.. I now have swirl marks again, and have to have it corrected again...

axr6 02-18-2014 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by GGG (Post 913994)
+1

I can understand you're not happy but a thorough tongue-lashing will end up with you never going back there again.

When I did an oil change on mine, I wasn't impressed with the four fasteners used to hold a tray of this size and weight.

Graham
Graham

Yes, agree that those fasteners are flaky, at best.

Albert

mosesbotbol 02-18-2014 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by DGL (Post 914046)
I went to Costco to have my oil changed on my pathfinder in 2003. When I got home I noticed they stripped half of the bolts and threads holding the under cover on. I went back to Costco and politely told them of the problem. The service manager told me to not come back again. I left it alone but should have escalated the problem... It did piss me off. It was a brand new SUV at the time. My advise is be very nice and tell them how much you love and take car of your car and if they don't cover the damage escalate it.

I go to Costco often and if I ever heard someone say something like that, guaranteed they'd hear it from as high up as I can talk to.

I am having repairs issues on my Rover this week. I brought it for an alignment, left with an HID bulb out. Had to bring it back for that, then the running light was not attached to housing, had to bring it in again today. 3rd visit was the charm. My friends just love this repair shop, but last time I went, they put gouges in my VDP and covered them up with grease. By the time I saw it (4 days later), I know it would be all crickets when I pointed out that they did it. Don't know why I went there for the alignment... Not going there again, this time for real!

Doug 02-18-2014 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by DGL (Post 914046)
. My advise is be very nice and tell them how much you love and take car of your car and if they don't cover the damage escalate it.

Excellent advice.

I view such matters simply as a problem that needs to be solved. Going in with both gun blazing just puts the other guy on the defensive and *immediately reduces* the chance of a favorable resolution.

Give the other guy the chance to do the right thing, just on general principles. Then, if he stupidly fails to take the opportunity, escalate.

Cheers
DD

Doug 02-18-2014 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by MaximA (Post 914095)
I also asked them not to wash the car as it cost me 1400 to get their swirl marks out of the car. I even posted a giant sign on the dash that said DO NOT WASH, they did anyway.. I know have swirl marks again, and have to have it corrected again...

GAH! Now *that* is somthing even I would have a hard time holding my temper over.

Shoot, anybody can bollix up some plastic splash pan fasteners or such. I'd like to see a show of hands from all of those who have never made a mistake in whatever line of work they're in.

But to outright disregard a customer's request like that.....grrrrr!

Cheers
DD

Bruce H. 02-18-2014 09:30 AM

I've had mine in twice. First to diagnose an airflow meter CEL which they couldn't, second to try again and do routine service with brake fluid change. When we went to pick it up the service advisor noticed the brake pedal was soft and we waited over an hour while they bled the brakes properly. It also took an extra day to get it into the shop once they had the car, even though I had made an appointment to suit their schedule. Still no idea about CEL. I asked for quote on Michelin Pilot Super Sports and when I questioned the low price they said they quoted a Michelin all-season tire because their supplier doesn't have the Super Sport. Just incompetence all the way, and a two hour drive each way to experience it...never again.

MaximA 02-18-2014 09:45 AM

All this being said Jag and Land Rover service departments have a LONG way to go. I have two friends with Range Rovers that both cost over 100k and ceck out these stories.

Friend 1 brings in his 2007 Range Rover in because it died in the middle of I95 and would not start. They had his car for a MONTH and when they returned it the driver seat did not match the rest of the seats. All the seats were an ivory color with ivory stitching, while his drivers seat was well worn and ivory with blue stitching. Two months later it breaks down again while on a trip to Alabama. He calls the 800 number which refers him to a dealer that is 100 miles away. They refused to pick up the car as it was too far away and then told him he complains to much. WTF

Friend 2 brings his 2010 Range Rover in because one of the cameras was not working. When they returned it that camera worked but all the others did not. he went back and forth multiple times because of this and finally traded for a Porsche Panamera...

Now I have swirl marks again, a broken glove box, scratched leather on my console. They told me the car would be done in a day it took over a week. I also asked them to about the Alcantara steering wheel and paddles and they took three weeks to give me a price that was twice what I can get it for on the internet.

The service departments at Jag/LR dealers suck and I can't come up with a more proper word.

jahummer 02-18-2014 01:11 PM

I have also had my share of horror stories with Land Rover and Jaguar service departments until I discovered Jaguar of Orlando. Their service exemplifies and sets the standard for what all services departments should be.

MaximA 02-18-2014 02:16 PM

Glad to hear that! Maybe they are slowly coming around.

Ngarara 02-18-2014 02:18 PM

Guys, if you ever get this sh1t from a Jaguar dealer or authorised repairer, take it up with the mother ship. Jaguar does not like its customers being given poor service. I'm not saying it will always work, but if you document it well and approach them from the "I think you need to know this" angle rather than the "I demand a refund!" angle, you may get some satisfaction and compensation.

MaximA 02-18-2014 02:22 PM

I agree, but the GM of the dealership is a very good friend and just go to him and he usually fixes the issue. Last time he laid into them pretty hard and their attitude towards me has improved 100%, but why did you have to turn my perfect paint in to a swirlfest I'll never understand. Now I need another paint correction, after one bad wash.

Bruce H. 02-18-2014 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by Ngarara (Post 914316)
Guys, if you ever get this sh1t from a Jaguar dealer or authorised repairer, take it up with the mother ship. Jaguar does not like its customers being given poor service. I'm not saying it will always work, but if you document it well and approach them from the "I think you need to know this" angle rather than the "I demand a refund!" angle, you may get some satisfaction and compensation.

That's what should be done, and that's what I did and the result was the service manager calling me to apologize. He explained that their senior mechanic with many years experience has done my brakes and he was surprised he didn't bleed them properly. He offered me a complimentary detailing on my next visit, which will never happen, and I wouldn't allow even if I did go back there.

Bruce

JustNiz 02-18-2014 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by MaximA (Post 914095)
I dread going to the dealer every time I come back from them fixing one thing something else is broken. I have to have my A/C condenser replaced and they forgot to put the damper back on my glove box and also scratched the leather on my console. I also asked them not to wash the car as it cost me 1400 to get their swirl marks out of the car. I even posted a giant sign on the dash that said DO NOT WASH, they did anyway.. I now have swirl marks again, and have to have it corrected again...

I have one question... Why aren't you getting them to pay for the problems they are causing?

No disrespect to yourself, but the real problem is the people that just silently accept the damage/shoddy service, as they enable the bad dealers to continue to trade profitably (therefore continue to exist at all).

If anybody dared to damage my Jag they'd better watch out for a bill backed up by a lawyer.

chater210 02-18-2014 03:22 PM

had the same issue, one nut was missing, not sure how. The plastic nut was $8 from Jaguar. Forget it. Went to nearest garage and they popped a steel nut on there for FREE. They would have been embarrassed to charge me for a nut and 5 minutes of work. They did have to try several sizes because the thread is supposedly very fine.

Would it have killed Jag to use metal nuts on this part of a $80k car??

SoCal Babe 02-18-2014 06:14 PM

Problem solved?

I work on all my cars myself. Only person I have to complain to is myself if it gets screwed up. I do the oil changes too