Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xk8-xkr-x100-17/)
-   -   Blockage on water jets and how to clear? (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xk8-xkr-x100-17/blockage-water-jets-how-clear-109830/)

crimsonsphinx 01-13-2014 12:24 PM

Blockage on water jets and how to clear?

<p>My xk8 passenger side jet works just fine but the driver side one is much weaker. I'm fairly certain its blocked but in unsure on the best way to clear that.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>If anyone has any advice or has done it before and wants to share, it would be appreciated.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>Marc</p>

Executive 01-13-2014 12:52 PM

The water jets can be removed from the windshield wiper, if you would like to clean them. One end of the hose can be detached under the wiper arm, the other end at the firewall.

Just check the hose to make sure it isn't kinked or cut. That may be the reason why you aren't getting fluid

plums 01-13-2014 01:35 PM

or the hose has split like it did on mine right at one of the nipples

crimsonsphinx 01-14-2014 01:54 AM

Thanks for the responses, ill take a look. Ive never had damaged pipes before, its always been blocked nozzles in the past on other cars. It does spray but not as far up my windshield as I would like.

GGG 01-14-2014 03:29 AM

Originally Posted by crimsonsphinx (Post 889384)
My XK8 passenger side jet works just fine but the driver side one is much weaker. I'm fairly certain its blocked but in unsure on the best way to clear that.

If anyone has any advice or has done it before and wants to share, it would be appreciated.

Marc

Marc,

I've moved your post from XK/XKR 2006 Onwards to XK8/XKR 1996-2006 forum. This is the place for questions about your XK8.

Graham

GGG 01-14-2014 03:51 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Possible damage is:

1. blocked or split feed pipe
2. blocked or split 'duckbill' nozzle
3. nozzle block been knocked out of position on the wiper arm

The jets can be cleared with an aerosol can of compressed air supplied for cleaning PC keyboards.

Disconnect the feed pipe (arrowed in red) and insert the tube of the aerosol into the nozzle block to blow the three silicone rubber 'duckbill' nozzles clear.

Attachment 68883

If the flow is OK but the direction is wrong, the nozzles can be adjusted using a small screwdriver to carefully lever them around. Go easy - a new nozzle block is around £65 from Jaguar!

Graham

ArtyH 01-14-2014 05:04 AM

Just a thought, try the water jets when you have the duck bill disconnected as there may be a restriction further back in the line, compare with other side.

ArtyH

smithtrevor 01-14-2014 12:36 PM

You haven't said how old your XK is ? I had the same issue on my Ford Cougar (12yrs old), the fluid bottle under the RH Ft Wheel house was full of "slimy black gunge" that basically kept blocking the pump every time i fired it up. After a complete clean out all is as was.