Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xk8-xkr-x100-17/)
-   -   Driver's door on convertible stopped lowering glass automatically, please help! (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xk8-xkr-x100-17/drivers-door-convertible-stopped-lowering-glass-automatically-please-help-52454/)

Mish_Mish 04-02-2011 08:56 PM

Driver's door on convertible stopped lowering glass automatically, please help!

I just drove my XKR and it seemd normal, however when I came home, driver's side door glass stopped doing automatic dive, when opened and closed. Obviously it is now impossible to close the door, unless glass is rolled down a pinch.
I checked passenger door and it works normal.
What do I check, please help, oh mighty jaguar gods! :icon_hyper:

test point 04-02-2011 09:25 PM

This is sorta like joke #47.

The most likely solution is to reset the upper/lower limits memory. Most likely cause is low battery voltage.

Mish_Mish 04-02-2011 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by test point (Post 330748)
This is sorta like joke #47.

The most likely solution is to reset the upper/lower limits memory. Most likely cause is low battery voltage.

And to reset those I have to do what exactly?
Is there some secret e-clitoris, I need to wiggle?

WhiteXKR 04-02-2011 09:42 PM

Lower the window and do not let go of the down button untill you hear a faint click. Then raise the window and do not let go of the button until you hear a faint click. Done.

Mish_Mish 04-02-2011 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by WhiteXKR (Post 330752)
Lower the window and do not let go of the down button untill you hear a faint click. Then raise the window and do not let go of the button until you hear a faint click. Done.

IT WORKED!!! After two attempts (first it worked down, but not up), it came back to normal.
Thank you!

This car is like box of chocolates, you never know what's not going to work next:)

H20boy 04-03-2011 02:46 AM

And if you ever notice, that when you pull the door handle up, the glass goes down, and if you release the door handle...the glass should stay down until you shut the door. If it returns immediately after releasing the handle, the switch in the door handle is at fault...requires a new latch, or remove the old switch for a repair...which only a couple have managed to do. Just keep that in mind.

Reverend Sam 04-03-2011 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by h20boy (Post 330835)
And if you ever notice, that when you pull the door handle up, the glass goes down, and if you release the door handle...the glass should stay down until you shut the door. If it returns immediately after releasing the handle, the switch in the door handle is at fault...requires a new latch, or remove the old switch for a repair...which only a couple have managed to do. Just keep that in mind.

I made a video of that, I just cant find it! I hope I didn't delete it.

Found them! I'll put together the pieces into a video and upload it this evening. My wife and I are about to take the convertible to the beach!

hlgeorge 04-03-2011 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by Mish_Mish (Post 330764)
IT WORKED!!! After two attempts (first it worked down, but not up), it came back to normal.
Thank you!

This car is like box of chocolates, you never know what's not going to work next:)

This is where reading the owner's manual really helps!! :icon_couchhide:

Reverend Sam 04-03-2011 09:21 PM

LOL! I already posted the door latch video right here. My memory sucks. :(