Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xk8-xkr-x100-17/)
-   -   Some Good News To Share for us. (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xk8-xkr-x100-17/some-good-news-share-us-143122/)

worrasf 05-25-2015 05:47 AM

Originally Posted by ArtyH (Post 1235568)
Good info Steve, I bought a double pack least week, having read all the info. How many bottles did you use, one or two? I got mine for £34.49 for the two bottles and some penetrating spray, was £27 for the twin pack on its own ( ebay ). If it causes an increase in engine temp I may not put it in the XK8, may be better suited to the XJS as engine temp is not so critical. Your further updates would be of great interest.

Hi
I put in 300ml so 1 bottle + 50ml out the second which I then put in the Eunos.

Just come back from a run to work and back - no change in engine temp - still settling at 96-97*C but I am pretty sure it's running smoother - just no way of objectively confirming

EDIT: FWIW the Eunos is definitely running quieter after the ZX1. Just started from cold - tick-over valve gear noise is much less - now much more of a "whirr" and less of a "tick tick tick" while idling from cold. Not taken it out for a run yet. Can't assess engine temp as no UltraGauge

Steve

worrasf 05-26-2015 01:24 PM

Seems to be settling

So over 100 miles with the ZX1 and the slightly increased coolant temperature seems to be settling back down. I've just sat in a queue for nearly an hour and the temp didn't get above 96*C while idling - my fast dual carriageway run then saw temp only getting up to 98*C which is what it did before.

I'm pretty sure now that the engine is smoother and quieter.

As an aside the UltraGauge shows intake temp and it's noteworthy that while stuck in traffic this went upto 51*C but as soon as I was on the fast road it dropped back down to 20*C which was only a few degrees above ambient outside temp so it shows that the standard OEM airfilter arrangement does indeed draw in cold fresh air - good to know

ArtyH 05-27-2015 03:02 AM

Thanks for the updates Steve, all good to know. Unfortunately my XK8 is still in the garage, its been in a month yesterday! Supposed to get it back yesterday, really fed up now as I have lost not only a months use ( only have it on the road for 6 mths ) but car tax and insurance too, so much for a 2 day job! Hope you are enjoying yours, and thanks again for the input.

max224 05-30-2015 04:20 PM

I previously posted about the problem I was having with what appeared to be worn valve seals (a small cloud of blue smoke when starting after sitting). I also mentioned putting in a can of RESTORE which didn't initially seem to have any effect (the directions say to drive for 500 miles). Well, the 500 miles are up, and the smoking on startup is gone! I wouldn't have believed it had I not started it several times with no smoke. The engine also seems to be running smoother; a visceral assessment at best, since there really is no way to confirm that. So aside from the discussion of the additive that prompted this thread, I can personally vouch for RESTORE (and it's much cheaper). I was willing to condemn it as "snake oil", but its made me a believer.

aode06 05-31-2015 09:56 AM

I agree, restore does restore and does work.

I have no engine issues and was going after engine longevity and increased performance only.

The longevity of engine life, comes from increased wear protection by means of this product reducing metal to metal wear.

The performance comes from the friction reduction properties this product has.

You already have additives in your oil that does this. However you are simply adding MORE OF THAT to the oil and as seen in the videos, it is the best product out there reducing friction,heat and wear.