XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Some Good News To Share for us.

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2015, 08:08 AM
Received 256 Likes on 176 Posts
Default Some Good News To Share for us.

For the past year and being a senior member of this forum, I have been investigating and trying oil additives to see what the Kitty likes, and how she reacts to them being a double overhead cam engine.The engine had no pre-existing issues at all.

I have finally found one, that I have in my engine and supercharger. The supercharger runs this additive only, no supercharger oil, and the engine runs a bottle with the regular synthetic 0w30, I normally use.

The product is called extreme green super duty oil stabilizer. It is better than lucas or any other product out there as tested on youtube with several videos.

Test result one-Engine
Upon adding this to my engine oil, after 3 weeks, the engine purrs very quiet AT TIMES ALMOST SILENT !!!!,idles very smooth, starts faster, and best of all, this product reduces friction so much the car feels as though ive added a miracle to the engine when I get on it, and the power just sticks there , and the rpms revs a lot freely!
The engine cooling fans come on 30-35% less to cool the engine.
When I open the hood, I don't get a rush of hot radiance that hits my face, like I use to.

Test Result Supercharger-
Upon removing all my supercharger oil and using this product in the supercharger, using a infrared thermometer,the front nose temperature, has decreased by 13 degrees ! My old supercharger oil was very clean btw.

During these test, I have been through 3 oil changes, same results.
I am sharing this with you, to enjoy the same benefits, I now have from using this product and best of all its cheap. When using this product, I suggest you warm it up in the oven a little bit to make it easier to work with.

Last edited by aode06; 05-19-2015 at 08:17 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by aode06:
max224 (05-19-2015), vettegood (05-19-2015)
Old 05-19-2015, 01:07 PM
Received 161 Likes on 133 Posts

I've been around the block more times than I can count with oil additives going way back to STP. The improvements were slight, if any. The latest, which came recommended on the forum, was Restore. There seemed to be a bit of an improvement, but without any independent way to test the before and after condition, it may be just a placebo effect. Sounds like your experience was very positive, and you were able to objectively able to document the difference it made. I'd be willing to try this on my next oil change. Is this product sold locally, or do you have to order it from an online vendor?

Old 05-19-2015, 01:26 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,274 Likes on 2,811 Posts

I'm also quite skeptical of oil additives and have been for nearly 40 years. The tests that I'm familiar with all show that today's motor oils (conventional or synthetic) simply don't benefit from them. But I must admit that I am curious about this particular example. Keep us posted on your results, and if anyone else decides to take a chance with this product, let us know....

Old 05-19-2015, 01:59 PM
Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

I may be missing the point, but if an oil additive improves the quality of the oil to such a degree why doesn't an oil manufacturer just add the ingredients to their blend anyway to make a superior oil?
Or have they just got their heads buried in the sand?
I'm not saying that this particular additive doesn't do what is claimed but wondering whether oil companies deliberately leave out these magical ingredients to create a market for the additive makers.

BTW - I didn't hyperlink 'superior oil' - I guess the website did it!

Last edited by scoobie; 05-19-2015 at 02:04 PM.
Old 05-19-2015, 02:15 PM
Veteran Member
Received 443 Likes on 314 Posts

I don't have an opinion one way or the other about the product. This came up from Googling the name. Anyway, the more info the better ...

Xtreme Green Review: Mandatory purchases & recruitment

The following users liked this post:
RDownunder (05-19-2015)
Old 05-19-2015, 02:56 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,274 Likes on 2,811 Posts

Hmmm, just another multi-level marketing platform. Yet another reason to be skeptical. Can't think of a single multi-level marketing product that ever turned out to be beneficial for the consumer. Perhaps one is out there somewhere....

Old 05-19-2015, 11:01 PM
Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

I wouldn't run that stuff straight up in my Supercharger without some serious independent Engineering long term test data to back it up. It sounds like something AMWAY would be pushing.

Old 05-20-2015, 06:08 PM

I paid like $20 bucks online after watching many real people on youtube talk about it.

The blower has had it in there a long time and loves it ,.The blower does not wine ,under boost.

The good thing is the engine, I am telling you, I like turn the key to start and instantly almost, running! Idle at a VERY STEADY 600 rpms, but when you get on the gas, it feels as though the engine is no longer soft and sluggish as it use to feel as it revs fast and freely freely like a V-6.

try it and see for yourself.

Old 05-20-2015, 07:43 PM
Received 86 Likes on 55 Posts
Default oil additive

zx1 springs to minde reading this,same video too ,price £22 for 4.o engine and thats been out for years

Last edited by graham11; 05-20-2015 at 07:47 PM.
Old 05-21-2015, 05:29 AM
Received 76 Likes on 58 Posts
Wink

Originally Posted by aode06
I paid like $20 bucks online after watching many real people on youtube talk about it.

The blower has had it in there a long time and loves it ,.The blower does not wine ,under boost.

The good thing is the engine, I am telling you, I like turn the key to start and instantly almost, running! Idle at a VERY STEADY 600 rpms, but when you get on the gas, it feels as though the engine is no longer soft and sluggish as it use to feel as it revs fast and freely freely like a V-6.

try it and see for yourself.
I looked at the website and it looks like its only available to registered users but no details on how to register, need a users ID. Also appears only available in USA. I used to use Greased Lightning and swore by it but its no longer available, shame was a good product. If anyone knows how a UK buyer can get hold of this product I would be willing to give it a try and report.

Old 05-21-2015, 06:37 AM
Received 149 Likes on 88 Posts

I'm really nervous about oil additives - just don't know what they are doing. I was horrified to see the sludge and gunk in the sump of an old motorcycle I stripped and rebuilt after Slick 50 had been added in an attempt to "hide" the shortcoming of a worn engine. I guess it's the worry of not being able to see inside if the additive is fouling things up.

With both the XKR and the Eunos (Miata) I change the oil and filter every year regardless of the fact that they will only have done about 2000 miles.

The mechanic said the oil he drained off the XKR was as clean as it went in and he was going to use it in his Vauxhall rather than chuck it away

Steve

Old 05-21-2015, 06:47 AM

Originally Posted by worrasf
I'm really nervous about oil additives - just don't know what they are doing. I was horrified to see the sludge and gunk in the sump of an old motorcycle I stripped and rebuilt after Slick 50 had been added in an attempt to "hide" the shortcoming of a worn engine. I guess it's the worry of not being able to see inside if the additive is fouling things up.

With both the XKR and the Eunos (Miata) I change the oil and filter every year regardless of the fact that they will only have done about 2000 miles.

The mechanic said the oil he drained off the XKR was as clean as it went in and he was going to use it in his Vauxhall rather than chuck it away

Steve
I know what you mean Steve, I put Restore in my engine last year with the new Castrol oil and filter. 1500 miles later and there is no way I am changing oil again this year when Restore was £60 as an additive. Call me tight but I just dont see the point. If only I could get it back from the garage that is changing the gearbox I would be happy, a two day job is now over 3 weeks.

Old 05-21-2015, 07:31 AM

Oil has these additives in it already,but to keep oil affordable to the average consumer, the manufacturers have to limit how much of the good stuff, they can put in a quart of oil.

You are just putting more of those additives in your engine,you already have, for what I call, a more "high end oil change".

Old 05-21-2015, 08:19 AM

I came across this info today: What Every Motorist Should Know About Motor Oil

Pretty useful - especially for those of us who don't do high mileages - the recommendation to change oil & filter every 3000 miles maximum coincides with the advice I was brought up with and practice.

Ball park cost are that 5L of premium synthetic oil costs about the same as a single zx1 extralube (for example) treatment so for the same money I can have 2 oil changes with new shiny fresh oil for the cost of 1 change + "additive"

Steve

Last edited by worrasf; 05-21-2015 at 08:24 AM.
Old 05-21-2015, 09:16 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,323 Likes on 735 Posts

Hi all, Why do I get the feeling that a possible very good product was taken over by someone who is trying to do a Amway type pyramid structure. It's seems more about getting more people to sale for you than the product. Shame!

Wayne

Old 05-21-2015, 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by graham11
zx1 springs to minde reading this,same video too ,price £22 for 4.o engine and thats been out for years
I see that ZX1 Extralube is widely available in the UK - lots of seemingly happy campers (at least on the Halfords website) but my gut feeling is that it's another snake oil.

Can I ask if any forum members have practical experience with this product in their own engines and what their findings have been?

Having fitted an UltraGauge recently I've now got a pretty good idea of how my engine is performing so I am in a position to "test out" a product like ZX1 and get some data. I don't mind taking a punt if received wisdom is that at best it does no harm but not if folk are aware of problems. I read one post that suggested it knackered catalytic converters for example.

Steve

Old 05-23-2015, 04:43 AM
Exclamation ZX1 Extralube - engine runs hotter

So as per previous post I thought I'd try this out. Drained off 300ml engine oil and put in 300 ml ZX1.

After a couple of journeys of around 10 miles each - mixed stop/start town and fast dual carriage way (briefly up to illegal 90 mph) my Ultraguage is showing the coolant is 1 - 2*C higher than before the ZX1 went in -

Previously I was running around between 95 -97 and now its 96 - 98. I even briefly had it shoot up to 100*C while doing my 90MPH burn whereas previously it maxed out at 98*C. The temperature seems to be taking longer to settle back down to steady state after hitting Max - as if the fans are cutting in later (I know this is not the case)

Now it may be that the ZX1 has been consumed so the oil level has dropped by 300ml - indeed stone cold overnight it was on the middle of the cross hatches on the dipstick but just checked level 30 mins after a fast run and it's exactly on MAX. I've had this before where the oil level takes a while to settle after a run so I'm going to check again tomorrow after an overnight lay over and if truly low I'll top it up.

Interesting though. I cant think why a friction reducer should actually increase the coolant temp but the data is clear.

As a linked topic do Jaguar specify when the oil level should be checked - dead cold or a warm?

EDIT: The manual suggests dead cold is preferable but if warm to wait 1 - 2 minutes. IME it takes much longer than 1 - 2 mins for all the oil to run back into the sump. I was also surprised to read (RTFM) that they err on having the oil level just above the minimum dipstick mark and not just below/on the maximum so my "theory" that this recent increase in engine temperature could be due to a slightly low oil level is clearly rubbish.

It does seem then, that for whatever reason addition of the ZX1 Extralube has resulted in a slight increase in engine operating temperature when logic would have suggested if there was going to be any change it would be to lower it.

As expected the Jag temperature gauge hasn't changed a jot. Maybe, what I have found is common but because 99.9% of drivers rely on their highly inaccurate OEM temp gauge it's not been widely noticed.

I'll continue to keep an eye on proceedings. I've emailed ZX1 customer service to see if they have any comments.

Finally, another oddity is that even though the UltraGauge is reading a tad higher than before - on lifting the bonnet (hood) subjectively the engine bay feels/smells cooler - go figure

FWIW I haven't noticed any "improvement" in performance or reduction in noise.

Steve

Last edited by worrasf; 05-23-2015 at 05:58 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by worrasf:
ArtyH (05-25-2015), cjd777 (05-24-2015)
Old 05-23-2015, 06:28 AM
Received 86 Likes on 55 Posts

Interesting worrasf please keep us updated.

Old 05-24-2015, 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by graham11
Interesting worrasf please keep us updated.
Wilco.

No changes as yet. Oil and coolant levels both perfect and stable.
The only other possibility is that I added my usual alternate refuel 50ml of Millers Ecomax at fuel fill up last week so perhaps the higher octane is causing this but doubtful.

I've also ordered a cheap laser gun temp gauge to check thermostat temp.

At the end of the day it's no big deal. Crazily, and oh so subjective I do think the motor is a little smother and quieter but no way of checking and just as likely to be placebo effect

Steve

The following users liked this post:
ArtyH (05-25-2015)
Old 05-25-2015, 05:30 AM

Good info Steve, I bought a double pack least week, having read all the info. How many bottles did you use, one or two? I got mine for £34.49 for the two bottles and some penetrating spray, was £27 for the twin pack on its own ( ebay ). If it causes an increase in engine temp I may not put it in the XK8, may be better suited to the XJS as engine temp is not so critical. Your further updates would be of great interest.

Quick Reply: Some Good News To Share for us.