help identify this Jaguar grill ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2015, 11:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help identify this Jaguar grill ?

Hi i have a couple of grills that i found in the back of my old shed think they were left from the previous owner, I think they could be off a Jaguar Mark VII around 1952 just looking at pictures on the net, if any one could help identify them that would be great , are they worth anything ?
It would seem a shame to send them off to scrap metal as they are in good condition considering the age.
this picture is before i cleaned them up they looked like they were rusted but I cleaned them up with some soap and water and it was only dirt came up very shiney, they are very heavy maybe brass or copper as its non magnetic.

mystery grill maybe a 1952 Mark VII ?

Last edited by GGG; 12-08-2015 at 02:40 AM. Reason: avoiding a ban - for the moment!
Old 12-08-2015, 02:40 AM
GGG
Received 16,799 Likes on 12,168 Posts

Welcome to the forum baal,

Advertising with a first post to the forum attracts a permanent ban. I've edited your post to avoid this but if this thread turns into a 'For Sale', it will be history.

I think you're right in identifying the grille as a Mk VII. The flutes are too narrow for anything earlier. The size (gauged from the corrugated sheets) looks correct as do the 12 flutes on either side of the central separator bar.

Graham

Old 12-08-2015, 06:26 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GGG
Welcome to the forum baal,

Advertising with a first post to the forum attracts a permanent ban. I've edited your post to avoid this but if this thread turns into a 'For Sale', it will be history.

I think you're right in identifying the grille as a Mk VII. The flutes are too narrow for anything earlier. The size (gauged from the corrugated sheets) looks correct as do the 12 flutes on either side of the central separator bar.

Graham
yea right .. thanks Graham, any idea what its made out of ? , threats of a permanent ban .. wow thats a nice welcome with a slap in the face.

kinda defeats the purpose of a Jag forum if you cant ask a jag related question, or invite a jag part discussion..

but yea thanks .

Old 12-08-2015, 02:35 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,086 Likes on 1,261 Posts

Maybe expressed a bit assertively baal, but the restriction on for sale is common in many forums. Its really just to stop people dumping adverts and not contributing. On another forum I am on, you cant put a for sale item up until you have a hundred posts (and meaningful post not post whoring). You amy not see it, but your post did look like it was leading to a for sale, which is why it got the reaction. Pretty clear from the 100's of thousands of posts on hear that there is plenty of discussion going on.

If you want to get some more detailed info maybe repost the pic in that models sub forum now Graham has identified it. The guys that work on them will be able to tell you what they are made of maybe.

Old 12-10-2015, 04:32 PM
Veteran Member
Received 425 Likes on 325 Posts

Hi and welcome. Always good to have new contributors in our region.

Moderators usually ask you to go on the intro. page if you haven't already done so. It gives you an opportunity introduce yourself and tell us what you drive if you're a Jag owner, or even just an enthusiast. You don't need to own a Jag in order to enjoy participating!