F-Pace (X761) / C-X17 2016 - Onwards

ICTP.....code and release all of the software!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2016, 12:50 PM
Veteran Member
Received 196 Likes on 136 Posts
Default ICTP.....code and release all of the software!!!!

Here is my take on this. I have had the car since July and the ICTP has been a disaster to say the least. My car has been at the dealer for a total of 10 days thus far, on and off. I am getting tired of this, and the only positive is that it is a great way to keep my mileage low. Here are my issues:

1. - ICTP -
Cuts my bluetooth connection (Iphone 6S) in the middle of a conversation, and hangs up between the phone and the bluetooth connection. Have to hang up the call, and turn the engine off and recycle to get back on and it does it again, and again and again.

While streaming music bluethooth wise, won't recognize the source after already recognizing it and playing music. Then shows no source connected

Freezes in the middle of navigation, talking on phone, switches source to radio randomly. An absolute PITA

Won't react to the touch sensitivity. Have to hold my finger on it and press to get any recognition, and a hazard when driving, a TOTAL HAZARD!

2. - At times when i start up, the ABS not functioning light and symbol come up and won't go off for sometimes 5 minutes, or until a call comes in and it turns off, or until I stop the motor and recycle the system once again. Does this randomly.

3. - Auto High Beams turn off and on like a strobe light setting, with a sensitivity that is ridiculous. It almost flashes going on and off so often.

4. - This week, the ABS malfunction warning (see #2 above) started again, and toggled between this and "Auto High Beam" obstruction warning. NO, there is nothing in front of it, not a EZpass or anything.

5. - When I hold the locking feature on my "keyless" it works maybe 5 out of 100 times at best. I have given up using it due to the frustration, including holding the key next to it to test, moving pockets, etc..... Having to take the key out of my pocket to lock it is unacceptable with a keyless feature. No, it doesn't have moisture, or anything else on it, and has been doing this in 95 degree weather to 45 degree weatcher.

Trust me folks I love this car thus far. However I keep on being told "guesses" by my service guy, and had to tell him politely that I would rather him not guess and put me on with somebody who can answer. Jag service people are trying to get answers out of engineering, and it is slow coming. My car now has aded miles as they are trying to drive it and test for the occurrences which are random, thus the problem. I asked if he saw the auto high beam problem, and he said the roads weren't dark enough. The dude drove the car home, and why he couldn't find a dark road is the most stupid thing I ever heard, and obviously politely challenged this ridiculous response.

Where do I stand now?
1. - I have a loaner, which I have been driving all week, and still have it.
2. - Awaiting Jaguar to get answers to the service tech, who is at a loss for words currently.
3. - Software releases are ridiculous and taking too long, coming to the field in batches, vs. full fixes!!! Come on, this is destroying the F-Pace experience Jaguar and no doubt hurting your brand image with this awesome vehicle.
4. - Getting it right requires solid answers, total software updates and not guessing from inexperienced folks trying to satisfy the customer, but causing more frustration when the answers either a) - Make no sense; b) - Are inaccurate, or are accompanied by c) - WE JUST DON"T KNOW AND ARE AWAITING ANSWERS FROM THE ENGINEERS!!!!

Is this normal for a new model? Certainly there are issues with new models but the purchase experience with the reneging on the trade in for my car, the loss of $3,000.00 due to the deal that I could have walked away from but opted not to since I waited so long for my car, and now the multiple trips to the dealer downloading software over and over and over again that doesn't seem to fix anything (NOTHING HAS CHANGED, not a single thing) since I have been taking the car in for the same things!

Not the experience I have been accustomed to with Jaguar, not the experience that I bargained for, and although a bit more patience left, I am starting to run out of it, and thinking "JAGUAR HAS TO GIVE SOMETHING BACK" in order to keep our confidence in the brand and it's handling of the multitude of unanswered problems to date since acquisition and taking over ownership.

Not a good thing, and the final result is "RELEASE ALL OF THE SOFTWARE FIXES" at "ONCE"....stop this batched release as it is killing us, your customers who paid good money for a great car....but the technology needs to work PERIOD END OF STORY!