F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dynaplug

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2017, 10:34 PM
Received 114 Likes on 77 Posts
Default Dynaplug

Anyone try Dynaplug for fixing a puncture? Seems very easy without having to remove the tire. Just find the nail, pull it out with a pliers, shove in the tool and pull it out. Could give you several days before you need to get it properly repaired.

Old 01-15-2017, 12:07 AM
Veteran Member
Received 343 Likes on 256 Posts

Reviews are great. Thought about adding this to my kit. About 80% of the flats I've seen are from a nail/screw that have been easy to find.

https://www.amazon.com/DYNAPLUG-Tube...words=dynaplug

The following users liked this post:
Buckingham (01-15-2017)
Old 01-15-2017, 10:30 AM
Veteran Member
Received 370 Likes on 256 Posts

Looking at the photos, that thing is so big you would never be able to work with it inside the wheel well. You wouldn't be able to take your wheel off either unless you happen to travel with race jack. You could conceivably position the wheel so that the foreign object is that the 7 o'clock position, but even then there may not be enough ground clearance for you to get leverage.

Old 01-15-2017, 11:32 AM
Received 87 Likes on 60 Posts

Here is one that I use.
https://www.amazon.com/Stop-Go-1085-...W9K5RKBEE65FHK
I own two of these and they work great. I put a kit in each car that doesn't have a spare tire. I have used it to plug a worn tire that I wasn't ready to replace yet and the tire shop wouldn't patch, it lasted for a year until I did replace all the tires. It never leaked at all. although it is only recommended as a temporary fix and I wouldn't do it as a long term fix on a high performance tire.
I bought these years ago after I was out on a canyon drive with some friends and one of the guys got a nail in his tire. No cell phone service, no spare tires and it wouldn't hold air. A group of motorcyclist stopped to help and they had one of these kits, actually all of them carried them. The patch worked great and got my friend home. Where as he would have had to leave his car out in the middle of no where, if he couldn't plug the tire.