PRIVATE For Sale / Trade or Buy Classifieds Want to Sell / Trade or buy for free? Then this is your section. NO COMMERCIAL posts. PLEASE COMPLETE THE PREFIX OPTION WHEN MAKING A POST FOR BEST RESULTS Please note: Any /all transactions are made entirely at members own risk, the forum cannot and will not be held responsible for any disputes arising.
Mark this thread as Unsold

FS[SouthEast]: 1997 Jaguar XJ6L For Sale (for parts or repair)

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2015, 02:28 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 1997 Jaguar XJ6L For Sale (for parts or repair)

I bought my XJ6L in 2010 and have loved it - when it ran. Honestly, it hasn't been too bad for the little I have driven it. I have put about 5000 miles on it since I bought it. I wanted to restore it to vintage beauty, but the car had not been maintained well, and so just the regular work was mounting up. Now it has a blown head gasket, and has just been sitting in my carport for 6 months. I just don't have the ambition anymore.

I'm not a car guru, just an owner, so I can't answer a lot of detailed questions about parts and all. I can tell you what you get, what doesn't work, and everything else does. Body is in fair to good condition, being that apparently it had some work done before from a previous accident and the front corners of the bumpers have damage - also there when I bought it. I guess they didn't know how to corner a long wheel base.

That being said, what you will get are 6 new ignition coils (plus a spare), a brand new, seriously, brand new valve cover. I bought it still in the Jaguar box and it came with all associated gaskets. That cost a dime or two. New power steering hoses, new tires, new wheel bearings, new front shocks. All of those items were put on the car less than 500 miles ago, or within the past 18 months to 2 years.

The brakes have seen 5000 miles, since they were installed new when I bought the car. I do not know what kind of brakes they are.

The a/c and heat do not work. The heat went out about 2 years ago, and it is the pump, I think - an exchanger of some kind under the bonnet, easy to see but I don't remember what it's called. You can feel the heat on one hose but the return hose is cold. The a/c is shot, so no parts there.

The interior is in fair to good condition, as well, with the normal wear and tear, of course some cracks in some of the wood grain, But all of the leather is good except the drivers seat. Dash, instrument panel, console etc are all in good shape. All the electronics work except for the steering wheel telescoping mechanism and the antenna of course raises and lowers at its own discretion. It does not have the original stereo in it and I do not have it.

Most of the body could be used for replacement parts, I think. Some dings here and there but no dents.

Even though the car has a blown head gasket, it was running fine when I parked it. I saw one day it was blowing white smoke, I had it towed to my shop, they diagnosed it, ran it some in doing so. I had it towed back home and when it came off the truck he cranked it up and drove it into the carport - smooth as silk. So I believe the engine and tranny are still good and strong in this car.

I also had the front end x-frame replaced a few years back because the original one was weak from the accident and after I bought the car the frame developed a rust area and split. So I put some work into the car, but I just have nothing left to give it.

For those of you who are do-it-yourselfers, I wish I was - but I don't have the space, time or knowledge to make this car 1st rate.

Your call - use it for parts or repair it and run it - but I'm ready to let it go. I'd like to get about $1200 for it (especially since it has that new valve cover in it), but I will entertain any offer. You must pick up, will need to be towed. Tag is expired, battery is dead, so bring a jumpbox to tow it.

Message me questions and/or offers. This car is located in Alpharetta, GA

Attached Images  
Old 07-25-2015, 02:29 PM

Oh, the car has just under 170k miles.

Old 08-18-2015, 02:26 PM

Bumping this because I need to sell!