Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2016, 06:42 PM
DPK
Veteran Member
Received 529 Likes on 389 Posts

Originally Posted by iownme
Seafoam is super awesome.
You should try it.
Rather than listen to negative nellies, your own experience will tell you the answer
Don't waste your time...He'll just insist you that he can pick up a turd by the clean end..

Old 02-09-2016, 07:31 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DPK
Don't waste your time...He'll just insist you that he can pick up a turd by the clean end..
Guys, guys . . . ,
These Additive Wars could take years, and cost thousands of lives . . . . .
Seriously, I thank you all for, and value ALL of your information, ideas and opinions; and I greatly admire your passion to the mania that we all have in common: we were all STUPID enough to buy Jaguars! (It's a line from "Stripes", please don't hate). This shows me that I have entered into the proper group of passionate enthusiasts.
I will begin my own research, and will weigh all of your thoughts and advice on the additive/no additive issue very carefully, before I go any further.
But my main question was: is there something I did to make the engine light go out, or is it a routine of the car that was somehow satisfied? What are the most common causes, and cures for P0420?
Thank you all, again.

Old 02-09-2016, 07:51 PM
Veteran Member
Received 126 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally Posted by MikeinPa
Guys, guys . . . ,
Seriously, I thank you all for, and value ALL of your information, ideas and opinions; and I greatly admire your passion to the mania that we all have in common: we were all STUPID enough to buy Jaguars! (It's a line from "Stripes", please don't hate). This shows me that I have entered into the proper group of passionate enthusiasts.
I will begin my own research, and will weigh all of your thoughts and advice on the additive/no additive issue very carefully, before I go any further.
But my main question was: is there something I did to make the engine light go out, or is it a routine of the car that was somehow satisfied? What are the most common causes, and cures for P0420?
Thank you all, again.
P0420?
Sounds like it ran out of weed and needs to re-up

Old 02-10-2016, 02:31 PM

Mikey seems like a real arrogant jerk!!!

The following users liked this post:
DPK (02-10-2016)
Old 02-10-2016, 08:22 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Mikey
Never underestimate the placebo effect.
Im too poor for the placebo effect to work ;@)
I need every $6 i can scrape together from between the seats.

Old 02-12-2016, 07:47 AM
Received 2,255 Likes on 1,840 Posts

Originally Posted by MikeinPa
Guys, guys . . . ,
Thank you all, again.
We're not sure what turned the light on, nor off. It may come back again.

There is no connection known between the code, a loose gas cap and magical additives.

Good luck sorting through facts, opinions and plain old BS.

Sincerely,

Mr. Jerk

Old 02-12-2016, 08:42 AM
Veteran Member

There is no connection known between the code, a loose gas cap and magical additives.

Sincerely,

Mr. Jerk
Having read through most of mikeys previous posts this year, i see he hasn't actually offered any real help on this forum, just mostly argumentative insanity.
We all have different reasons to come here.
Not only is seafoam awesome super duper, but its metal can is great for storing things in when used up, and its plastic cap works perfectly every time.

Old 02-12-2016, 08:51 AM
Veteran Member
Received 301 Likes on 279 Posts

Have you checked the oxygen sensor? Might not be the catalytic converter at all. No matter what, don't wait very long before you address this. It will not go away on its own. Right now it might be intermittent, but I would believe it won't be too long before it is constant.

Old 02-12-2016, 09:00 AM
DPK
Veteran Member
Received 529 Likes on 389 Posts

In his defense (Mikey). And I would be the last one you would think to offer any as he is a pain in my ***..

But my personal views of him aside, I have seen him offer some pretty helpful information at times in the past..But his mode of delivery is in most cases, condescending with godlike, authoritative quips and sarcasm..If he would just talk or present his views or help in a normal non-insulting way, I would be more apt to agree with some of the **** he says..

Putting the hatchet down but not burying it, I hope he stays and continues to help with Jag problems, but without stepping on toes and insulting other's opinions.

Old 02-12-2016, 09:49 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by DPK
In his defense (Mikey). And I would be the last one you would think to offer any as he is a pain in my ***..

But my personal views of him aside, I have seen him offer some pretty helpful information at times in the past..But his mode of delivery is in most cases, condescending with godlike, authoritative quips and sarcasm..If he would just talk or present his views or help in a normal non-insulting way, I would be more apt to agree with some of the **** he says..

Putting the hatchet down but not burying it, I hope he stays and continues to help with Jag problems, but without stepping on toes and insulting other's opinions.
I came back to delete that post but i see im too late.
personally i do not use "reviews" i like to find stuff out for myself, but i understand many people do.
I do not know the mechanics of how seafoam works, but for me to spend $ on a product over many years means that it makes a noticeable positive effect... Every time.
I tried to give that guy the benefit of the doubt (maybe he's having a bad day) but after reading his various posts, could not find any of a helpful or friendly nature... No big deal... Its the internet, but as helpful, friendly human, id like the OP to have the benefit of my positive knowledge, IM an addy and i'll even mail you a can.
Im into an exchange of useful info, not i-arguments

DPK (02-12-2016)
Old 02-12-2016, 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by Alfadude
Have you checked the oxygen sensor? Might not be the catalytic converter at all. No matter what, don't wait very long before you address this. It will not go away on its own. Right now it might be intermittent, but I would believe it won't be too long before it is constant.
Dear alfadude,
I have to be honest; I haven't checked into the converter issue at all. I have taken the car to a local auto parts place, and they read the code for me. The seller gave me the same information. Out of necessity, I've been driving the car, and she has delivered good performance for me. No engine stalling, burbling at idle, or other negative issues.
I'll look further into the sensor/ converter issue, and let you know what finally solves the problem.
Thanks again to all of you.

Old 02-12-2016, 02:04 PM

Sincerely,

Mr. Jerk
Dear Mikey,
Thank you for the information you've given me. I have tried various cleaners/additives/potions in the past, and never knew if it was the placebo/wishful thinking thing happening.
I'll dig further into the solution for the engine light, with a better understanding of how engines operate, thanks to this forum.
Keep the information coming, help us new guys!

Mikey (02-12-2016)