X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to remove lower seat cushion?

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2016, 07:48 PM
Veteran Member
Received 126 Likes on 114 Posts
Default How to remove lower seat cushion?

The small tear in my driver seat has slowly turned into a big tear.
I found a used lower sear cushion on ebay for $60.
Waiting for delivery, is it an easy removal?.. Anything i need to know?

Old 09-13-2016, 07:29 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,317 Likes on 1,004 Posts

The removal is pretty straight forward.
1. Move the seat as far forward as necessary to expose the 4 rear hold bolts that secure the metal frame to the floor panel.
2. Move the seat as ffar to the rear to expose the 2 forward hold down bolts.
3. Disconnect the battery and then tilt the seat to the rear and you will see the large connector. Loosen the retainer bolt and unplug the connector.
4. You can then remove the seat from the vehicle. It's easiest thru the passenger door.
5. Turn it upside down and you can see the fasteners that attach the seat to the metal frame/mechanism.
6. Installation is the reverse.
Use caution in plugging back in the power connector. Once you have the fastener tightened down, reach behind and make sure that none of the connectors were not accidentally pushed out when reinserting the plug and are firmly seated.
The seat retainer bolts are torqued to 15NM and the track retainer bolts are torqued to 20NM.

Old 09-15-2016, 04:15 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by avern1
1. Move the seat as far forward as necessary to expose the 4 rear hold bolts that secure the metal frame to the floor panel.
3. Disconnect the battery and then tilt the seat to the rear and you will see the large connector. Loosen the retainer bolt and unplug the connector.
4. You can then remove the seat from the vehicle. It's easiest thru the passenger door.
5. Turn it upside down and you can see the fasteners that attach the seat to the metal frame/mechanism.
Use caution in plugging back in the power connector. Once you have the fastener tightened down, reach behind and make sure that none of the connectors were not accidentally pushed out when reinserting the plug and are firmly seated.
The seat retainer bolts are torqued to 15NM and the track retainer bolts are torqued to 20NM.
Thankyou Avern, thats the info i was looking for ;@)

Old 09-26-2016, 03:29 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by avern1
The lower seat cushion can be replaced without having to remove the seat.
I was able to reach all 4 13mm nuts and detatch all plugs quite easily with the seat still attached.
Whole job took less than 10 minutes.
Also... The passenger side base works in the driver side. Although on ebay it was listed as driver side.. It was in fact, a passenger side.
The electrical mounting tab was on opposite side but it all went together just fine.
In the pic, the one on the right is the passenger side, anyone know what those electrical connections are for?

Last edited by iownme; 09-26-2016 at 04:05 PM.
Old 09-26-2016, 05:11 PM
Received 149 Likes on 138 Posts

Weight sensor and seat heater

Old 09-27-2016, 05:59 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by wa3ra
Weight sensor and seat heater
I realized there was the weight sensor, can you tell me for sure that this seat is heated?... If it is, would i need anything other than the heated seat switch to be able to use it?
I was always bummed out i didnt have a heated seat.. lol