Go Back   Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum > Jaguar Models ( Modern ) > XJ ( X350 & X358 ) XJ6 / XJ8 / XJR
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

XJ ( X350 & X358 ) XJ6 / XJ8 / XJR 2003 - 2009

Welcome to Jaguar Forums!
Welcome to JaguarForums.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Jaguar Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-26-2010, 02:06 PM

Default Retrofitting heated seats?

How difficult would that be? Are they pre-wired?

Any info would be appreciated, thanks!
Old 01-26-2010, 03:47 PM
Veteran Member

Heated seats are available as an aftermarket item. It is only a heat pad that fits between the seat cover and the seat foam pad. I think it would be very expensive to buy the Jaguar parts to do it because you would need to buy them as replacements parts (not a kit) and we all now how expensive replacements parts are. Probably would have to also buy the switch panel as a whole unit too.

2011 Nissan LEAF (Cayenne Red/Light Grey)
2004 Jaguar XJ8 (Seafrost/Sand) (Sold 10/17/12)
2001 Jaguar XKR Conv (Platinum/Oatmeal) (Sold 10/10/12)
Old 01-27-2010, 02:21 PM
Veteran Member

Tried this on my X type
I bought some aftermarket seat heater pads from Waeco.com for £GB£45 which came with wiring and switches but wanted it to look like the OE system.The wiring to the switches was there but not to the seats
The main problem was the module which I tried to get made to allow OE timer ie the heat to go off after a while as it does on the X Type
It was over £500 just for the OE switches and the different foam pads (4 needed for the 2 front seats) which have cut outs for the heaters.
It would have been relatively simple to just fit the supplied kit with its own switchs/relay...job done

The XJ is different AFAIK as it has 3 heat settings and so far my OE ones on my XJ havent switched off unless I remove the key or use the switches.
Cant see why it couldnt be wired using the supplied switches only...while youre on you could do the same with your rear seats....make them heated too...I know someone who fitted heated seats to his X Type front and rear!

BuckMR2,ex 3.0 X Type,
2007 XJ Sovereign LWB TDVi, Decarbed, 26 PSI/600+Nm Torque , Premium Sound,Ruched leather,Rear Entertainment, ALL seats heat and recline,2012 Nav,20"Callistos,Redstuff ceramic pads,Mina Gallery Lower Grille,Late Jag Upper grille,Trays, DPF removed for more power and economy, both EGRs electronically closed and deleted as LH EGR was faulty and stuck shut...NITROUS to follow!
Old 01-28-2010, 11:30 AM

Thanks guys.

I was thinking original items only if i could find used whole seats from some crashed car. I haven't looked into aftermarket but it seems simple enough and could be wired by using the original switches.
Old 01-28-2010, 01:17 PM
Photobucket

Thanked 1,089 Times in 770 Posts
BILL BRUTON

Use aftermarket kits. Check on amazon.com there are a couple suppliers there
Old 01-28-2010, 01:17 PM

Tags
forum, heated, jag, jaguar, pre, prewired, retrofitted, seat, seats, type, wired, wiring, xj6, xj8, xtype