Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Interested to buy a XJ6 Series 2 in excellent condition

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2017, 08:20 AM
Veteran Member
Received 535 Likes on 337 Posts

Originally Posted by scatcat
I love the look of the XJC, especially that black beauty. But weren't those pillarless windows an absolute nightmare in R&D? Pushing costs up & the release date back by some months. & weren't they the biggest blight the car had in production? Often leaking & usually with excessive wind noise. So has 40 years of consumer research done any better than Jaguar managed? i.e. Has the window issue been fixed? How was it fixed? What does it cost to fix? & how do you tell that any remedial work has been carried out to an adequate standard? These are the questions I'd like answered before I put my hard earned down on one of these flawed beauties.
There were issues for sure. The reality is the windows work pretty well and if they are adjusted correctly, you don't get any wind noise. They also don't leak, assuming you have nice new seals all round (40 year old hard rubber doesn't keep water out). One absolute advantage of the Coupe is how nice it is with all the windows down. It is airy, but not noisy, even at freeway speeds.