1999 Jaguar Sovereign 4.0 EWB For Sale...SOLD

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2017, 07:38 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default 1999 Jaguar Sovereign 4.0 EWB For Sale...SOLD

Hi Guys,

I have my Jag for sale....

The good:

Body is is very good condition, but there is a small dint in front passenger side guard where the 80yo owner nudged something.

Wheels unmarked, tyres in good condition

Interior in excellent condition, the front seats have been reupholstered (a small fortune)

This car has had a king's ransom spent on it over the years by the previous elderly owner. The gearbox was rebuilt about 4 years ago at a cost of $8k, and has done about 10k since. New suspension was installed, I believe the tensioners were upgraded (but I can't prove it). Brakes done, etc etc etc.

New fuel pump 2 years ago.

Done 15x,xxx kms

The bad:

Engine runs, but poorly. New coil packs required is my mechanics diagnosis, 4 or 5 are intermittent. He wanted $3k to do the job, I can source the packs from UK for about $500 delivered. The restricted performance light is on, and sometimes it will go off after 5 minutes, and the car will run great all day. Other times it comes on after 2 hours, and stays on, and I limp home again...

Dash looks like Xmas every day. The ABS/traction control issue that they all seem to get is happening. $5k for Jag to fix, but $500 to take out the module, send it to Sydney to be repaired.

One brake light is out. Of course that is not as simple as replacing a bulb. Another module/relay (in the boot has gone). Lamp control module I think.

Overheats on a really hot day in traffic. New thermostat, water pump, belt and coolant did not help. In normal traffic on a normal day, it seems to never get hot at all, but the "static" temp gauge these things have does not help the monitoring.

Suspension at front is rattly. Even though the suspension has been redone, the top rubbers on the front shocks were not replaced, they have perished.

Honestly, this car is fantastic to look at, and for a true Jag enthusiast would be relatively easy to fix. I just don't have the time or the patience to do it myself, and I don't have the money to get a mechanic to do it.

If you would like more photos, contact me, and I will send them through to you.

The car is located Western Suburbs of Brisbane, and you are welcome to come and inspect any time.

At this stage, I would prefer to sell whole car, but I may consider parting it out if I get no serious offers. Trust me, it won't take a lot of cash to drive away this "little" beauty.

Thanks for reading....

Last edited by GGG; 04-04-2018 at 05:22 AM.
Old 02-22-2018, 10:06 PM
Default Anybody interested at $3000????

This car has to go, I don't want to scrap it, and I would love a Jaguar enthusiast to take it off my hands.

Please contact me if you are interested.

I am happy to drive it to your place, take off the plates and do the deal.

NO roadworthy or rego obviously, but it would be a fantastic project for someone with time and skills (of which I have neither).

David....

The following users liked this post:
o1xjr (02-23-2018)
Old 03-30-2018, 10:48 PM

Car is sold..... my Jaguar days are over......

Old 04-04-2018, 03:39 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,410 Likes on 876 Posts

Hello David; greetings from across the fence and congrats on sale.

Can I ask if a forum member, or potential forum member, bought your car. Reason I ask is that my most recent is a MY99 X308, same colour but the far rarer XJ8 Sport . . . I have accumulated loads of X308 data for that MY. If the purchaser is a forum member, I would be happy to share . . . suggest he/she PM me.

Best wishes,

Ken